AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just thought id try and get people to at least put their clothes on before they jump on the geary bandwagon.
we gonna get baker, goddard, maguire very soon.

fisher you could argue goes out for baker rather than geary.

blake could possibly go out for goddard or maguire but he runs his anus off and coach likes him, really improved.

raph clarke would be other argument that would go out but he is definately gonna be blooded/played more than geary to try and get him to be amazing again.

so yeah. dono if geary will even make it to the 200k mark or thereabouts when you trade em back down to upgrade middle player for gun.

but im sure we will get injuries as we always do but yeah id still recommend palmer ahead of him as well as jack and bird.

I have Jack, Brid and Palmer so getting Geary seems like the right move to me. Even if he does miss a couple of games im not to worried at this stage. Looking at his TOG it seems Lyon seriously rates the kid.

Maybe i wasn't to clear, I would have worried about you if you thought trading Reilly out is a waste, not about my thoughts on trading him. Anyway Let's move on :thumbsu:

Threw this question up before. Reilly to Jack, then next week N.J.Brown to P.Burgoyne? or wait for Adcock next week?
I've traded Reilly out, and when he returns I intend on picking him up again, if think he is great value :thumbsu:. I think you should go Jack and Burgoyne personally, Burgoyne can score well compared to Adcock, Brown doesn't have a snowball's chance of matching Jack (TOG permitting).

just thought id try and get people to at least put their clothes on before they jump on the geary bandwagon.
we gonna get baker, goddard, maguire very soon.

fisher you could argue goes out for baker rather than geary.

blake could possibly go out for goddard or maguire but he runs his anus off and coach likes him, really improved.

raph clarke would be other argument that would go out but he is definately gonna be blooded/played more than geary to try and get him to be amazing again.

so yeah. dono if geary will even make it to the 200k mark or thereabouts when you trade em back down to upgrade middle player for gun.

but im sure we will get injuries as we always do but yeah id still recommend palmer ahead of him as well as jack and bird.

Fair point, the thing i see is that Geary TOG has been 97% and 90%, now thats got to represents something. Hasn't put a foot wrong, can't see him being dropped anytime soon.

Gamble and Hawkins are not competing for the same position.

True, but they are competing for the same ball coming inside 50, and I may have been seeing things, but as the game wore on it was Gamble more often the Tomahawk the onballers were aiming for; when they werent kicking goals themselves

Tomahawk was being stood by Fletcher though, and with Carrol going to Mooney this week, he may get more of it

I've traded Reilly out, and when he returns I intend on picking him up again, if think he is great value :thumbsu:. I think you should go Jack and Burgoyne personally, Burgoyne can score well compared to Adcock, Brown doesn't have a snowball's chance of matching Jack (TOG permitting).

Dont do the trade out trade in...ever. Reilly is good value but he is one of the most injury prone mids going around, I have him last year and he missed a lot.

NO.You can actually upgrade to 2 preimums by using only 3 trades.

Well that all depends on who your trying to get and how long you wait for the moo cow to max out.

Also depends on what each person calls a premium also.

Fev>Riewoldt should only take 2 trades (1 down 1 up) with cash left over to upgrade the likes of Jones. Would probably not be enough to get Bartel, but there should be someone there worthwhile.

Scotlands price is going to nosedive, but there is no way in hell I will be picking him up this year.

Fair point, the thing i see is that Geary TOG has been 97% and 90%, now that represents something. Hasn't put a foot wrong, can't see him being dropped anytime soon.

im sure raph clarke's tog is similar. He is a fit player geary and is set as a defender and with the likes of gram & fisher doing most of the sprinting with the ball in the rebound 50's he doesnt need to be rested really. his possesions are cheap ones in the back half and has not done anything impressive with his possesions to stay in the team. anyone can do his role - especially goddard!

so yeah, easy role. he should eventually become a midfielder as he looks good for it but for now in his rookie year he has a huge chance of being dropped when baker and goddard come back not to mention maguire. so i still believe palmer, morton, bird and jack are much better options.

Dont do the trade out trade in...ever. Reilly is good value but he is one of the most injury prone mids going around, I have him last year and he missed a lot.
Well aware of Reilly's injury history, watched him pretty closely last year. I think I'll have to disagree with you on the trading in trading out theory, buy what's available when it's available I say. Bought Reilly as a keeper, now want to upgrade to him when I get the chance :thumbsu:.

Hey guys, does anyone think that i should trade Tippett to get Hill? I would then start Hill on the ground instead of Rioli.
Probably a sideways trade but Hill is going to go up by around 60,000 and Tippett only 25,000.

Well aware of Reilly's injury history, watched him pretty closely last year. I think I'll have to disagree with you on the trading in trading out theory, buy what's available when it's available I say. Bought Reilly as a keeper, now want to upgrade to him when I get the chance :thumbsu:.

Get him next year if he shows he can string together more than 10 games in a row.

Jack 1 - Most likely to get a game every week. Safest.
Geary 2 - Ross Lyon is backing this kid. That's a bonus.
Morton 3 - He's the future for Melbourne they must persist.
Palmer 4 - Hopefully Harvey has seen the light. Good WAFL pts last year.
Bird 5 - Roo's has to play this kid in the guts. Will be a DT god in 2-3 years.
Tuck 6 - Very expensive for a 'rookie' and could be fighting for his spot.
Ebert 7 - To me he looks the best of the Eagles rookies. Should play a lot.
Masten 8 - Only so low because he hasn't had a chance to show anything.
Callan 9 - Playing down back/flank, will lose his spot when Everitt/Ray come back.
Interesting, I'm looking to get a rookie mid this week and the ones that I'm looking at you've ranked 1, 2,3 and 4 :cool:. Interesting you don't think Callan will stick around, how'd he play last week (was watching the stats rather than the game :D).

Thoughts on Clint Bartram as another possibility?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking to trade Kosi, have 370k in bank but only willing to use up to 340k, what you guys reckon bout Grant and Stokes? Can they keep up there form? Or should i just go with Didak who i was leaning towards before?

Hey guys, does anyone think that i should trade Tippett to get Hill? I would then start Hill on the ground instead of Rioli.
Probably a sideways trade but Hill is going to go up by around 60,000 and Tippett only 25,000.

No point in getting rid of someone who's going up. You'd be better off downgrading one of your underperforming forwards and cashing in on them both, and once their prices look to have done all of their rising, upgrade one of them again. So far Hill hasn't been too bad a player to have in your best 22, so it wouldn't hurt too much.

Havent heard anything about it yet but those with Kieren jack are probably happy but be aware the policy most clubs have re concussion.

He likes to stick his head over the ball and is a goer..this weeks score effected by being belted about the scone TWICE.

Being young they may not feel like taking ANY chance...how could u explain it away if something bad happened ?

If he's out this week he'll definitely be back next week...club and fans are stoked with his start.

Only thinking of making one trade this week - Jetta to Hill.

Sounds a bit sideways for my liking, but I may need the 50k that I make out of the trade to upgrade Mattner to Burgoyne in a couple of weeks time.

What are peoples thoughts on this trade? Especially Jetta vs Hill points wise.

Fair call mate it seems you have some man love for Reilly so I can see why you would get him. In previous years Richo has been my first pick because of my huge man love for the guy.
Not that there's anything wrong with that. Probably am overvaluing (I made that word up didn't I?) Reilly but in the end I think it'll be a good choice. And Richo is a legend :thumbsu:.

Havent heard anything about it yet but those with Kieren jack are probably happy but be aware the policy most clubs have re concussion.

He likes to stick his head over the ball and is a goer..this weeks score effected by being belted about the scone TWICE.

Being young they may not feel like taking ANY chance...how could u explain it away if something bad happened ?

If he's out this week he'll definitely be back next week...club and fans are stoked with his start.

Interesting... I really want to get him into my team but am struggling to find an excuse. I think he is the best valued rookie out there... so disappointed I missed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back