Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peoples thoughts on my team;

Backs: C.Cornes, H.Shaw, J.King, D.Mundy, B.Jones, B.Symes, M.Mattner

Centres: G.Ablett, B.Stanton, M.Priddis, N.Stevens, R.Dyson, R.Palmer

Rucks: H.McIntosh, C.Wood

Forwards: M.Pavlich, J.Brown, B.Deledio, T.Cloke, B.Burton, J.Porplyzia, J.Hill

Bench: J.Edwards, S.D Thompson, C.Bird, C.Masten, M.Kruezer, J.Meesen, C.Rioli, K.Tippet

Obviously my worries are Palmer, Wood and Hill starting.

Have no f'ing idea why I picked Wood. My biggest worry.

I could go from

McIntosh + Wood to Hille + Simmonds. But two trades down the crapper is it worth the trades to do it?

you don't judge keepers by average. You judge them by total score.

A player who missed most of last year with a broken ankle and surgury to remove a blood clot from his lung doesn't sound to me like 22 game material.

At most, I see you making some cash from him and trading him up.
Simmonds broke the ankle 12 months ago for the second time and in between times he was close to AA selection when fully fit, once more he is fully fit is practically Richmonds only true ruckman right now and if he continues to average above 85 points per week I'm more than happy keeping him. If you/others have him and want to waste a trade upgrading him then be my guess.

Peoples thoughts on my team;

Backs: C.Cornes, H.Shaw, J.King, D.Mundy, B.Jones, B.Symes, M.Mattner

Centres: G.Ablett, B.Stanton, M.Priddis, N.Stevens, R.Dyson, R.Palmer

Rucks: H.McIntosh, C.Wood

Forwards: M.Pavlich, J.Brown, B.Deledio, T.Cloke, B.Burton, J.Porplyzia, J.Hill

Bench: J.Edwards, S.D Thompson, C.Bird, C.Masten, M.Kruezer, J.Meesen, C.Rioli, K.Tippet

Obviously my worries are Palmer, Wood and Hill starting.

Have no f'ing idea why I picked Wood. My biggest worry.

I could go from

McIntosh + Wood to Hille + Simmonds. But two trades down the crapper is it worth the trades to do it?

IMO your team has too many midfield primes. Early signs this year are that the only places to make real cash at the bottom end is forwards and mids. As far as possible teams should be stuctured to leverage off this. You really need either Cox or Simmonds or you may give up too much start. If it was me I would dump a midfield prime for Jack / Geary and bring in Cox for Wood. Both trades will add value. It leaves 2 rookies on the field in the mids but your team is stuctured where the cash is.

The other option is to dump Cloke for Gamble and bring in Cox for Wood with the same logic.

Still can't decide if bloody Alan Didak is worth grabbing.
Forward line is struggling at the moment.

Anyone feel he could average 80+?

The thing is, I started with Didak and all he is to me is a mid ranged player that I will use to upgrade to a gun. So it is hard to answer your question without knowing how you plan to use didak and who you plan to trade to get him.

Personally, I think he will average around 80 all year.

yes, he is a gun... I'm grabbing him this week... Either him or Sylvia (smokey).
I'm thinking about making a sideays trade to get him in.

I don't really like doing these but even if he scores a 75 this week i'll be happy with that as my forward line performance so far has been dismall.

My backline is struggling at the moment
I have hansen, SDT and Jake Edwards as my 7th rotating defender
I would have thought that one of the 2 kangaroo players would get a regular game.
Any reassurances that one of those 2 will play?

The thing is, I started with Didak and all he is to me is a mid ranged player that I will use to upgrade to a gun. So it is hard to answer your question without knowing how you plan to use didak and who you plan to trade to get him.

Personally, I think he will average around 80 all year.

Looking at getting rid of Q.Lynch.

Not really sure why i picked him at that price he's way to inconsitant.
I could go to upgrading him, but i have a couple of other players that need upgrading like Kosi and Edwards who were also pretty average picks.
Looking at getting Steve Johnson next week or the wee after for one of these players.

Edwards has been shocking... Kosi the same.
Bringing my whole team down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So maybe Lynch -> Hill, Gamble, Rioli (whichever player you don't have)
Kosi -> Cox, Simmonds, McIntosh, Sandilands, White

Edwards - Not sure which one you mean, Carlton or North?
I've got Kosi in the forwards.

Yeah Edwards from North.

People say don't throw away trades early, but if you made a couple of bad choices then it's nearly essential to straighten it out early before you loose to many points.

Anyway, sort of already got it all planned out, just a tad unsure about Didak.

If you watched the Pies/Lions game last week you wouldn't be unsure. He tore us a new one, was almost the difference between the two sides.

Was put so I couldn't watch it, but the thing is he still only managed an 88.
He's not likely to tear it up every week either.

But I still feel he'll average more than all three of those players I have anyway.

If you watched the Pies/Lions game last week you wouldn't be unsure. He tore us a new one, was almost the difference between the two sides.

Glad to see you put almost there... If he truly was the difference, that wouldn't be such a good thing, given they lost... ;)

lovett murray should be back next week you would think, he played out the remainder of the game so it would be wise to keep him for another week.
Aaron davey to didak would be the obvious choice

I'm sorry but i just don't trust groin injuries which is what he is believed to have. Groins are the dodgiest little mother ____ers and i wouldn't be suprised if he was listed as one week or test on the injury list for the next 6 weeks. I'll probably get Johncock for him, i still don't know if i can trust Bocky.

That sounds pretty good actually. Although you can probably afford to wait two weeks to trade N.Brown to Burgoyne.

Yeh it does doesn't it. My final back spot is going to be difficult to upgrade later. None of them are making cash and don't look like making any which means if i held on to trade later, i would really have to use three trades to upgrade that position. Where as to upgrade Jack, will hopefully only take two trades.

I'm sorry but i just don't trust groin injuries which is what he is believed to have. Groins are the dodgiest little mother ____ers and i wouldn't be suprised if he was listed as one week or test on the injury list for the next 6 weeks. I'll probably get Johncock for him, i still don't know if i can trust Bocky.

I thought it was just the finger dislocation?

Stokes or Grant or Didak?

Taking into account the left over money, price rises etc.

Stokes for mine...:thumbsu:
Geelong should dominate again this year, and they are playing the Demons this round which would be a plus if getting him this round, could be a nice captain option this round, as there aren't many captain selections that stand out this round...(Besides a dozen other Geelong players...)
Grant, I'm not convinced he can be playing top football for the whole year, same as Didak, but Didak is very much a confidence player, which I don't particularly like when choosing players in dreamteam, hence why I stayed away from pciking him, to frustrating...

IMO your team has too many midfield primes. Early signs this year are that the only places to make real cash at the bottom end is forwards and mids. As far as possible teams should be stuctured to leverage off this. You really need either Cox or Simmonds or you may give up too much start. If it was me I would dump a midfield prime for Jack / Geary and bring in Cox for Wood. Both trades will add value. It leaves 2 rookies on the field in the mids but your team is stuctured where the cash is.

The other option is to dump Cloke for Gamble and bring in Cox for Wood with the same logic.

I think if Cloke doesnt perform this week it might be Cloke to Gamble and Wood to Cox.

Only thing is I have done my two trades for this week.

Gamble will go up. and Cloke will go down price wise.

Wood should go up even due to his bad scores. Hoping Cox has a shocker so hopefully I can nab him.

Stokes for mine...:thumbsu:
Geelong should dominate again this year, and they are playing the Demons this round which would be a plus if getting him this round, could be a nice captain option this round, as there aren't many captain selections that stand out this round...(Besides a dozen other Geelong players...)
Grant, I'm not convinced he can be playing top football for the whole year, same as Didak, but Didak is very much a confidence player, which I don't particularly like when choosing players in dreamteam, hence why I stayed away from pciking him, to frustrating...

Ok, thanks a lot mate, good advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back