AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that goddard is set to return this week end for the Saints so will be interesting to see who makes way...

oooooooo interesting. Gonna be some eyes on him and Burgoyne over the next few weeks. Goddard was an absolute gun in 06 and just warming up before he copped the knee.

Lets hope he takes awhile to get going..about rnd 8 sounds good.

The Saints WILL NOT drop Blake, he is one player that nobody outside of St Kilda rates but he is one of those players who does all the 1%'ers and busts his guts for his team. He can run all day with a bigger midfielder somebody with a Goodes type body or he can play in defence whereas Raph Clarke seems to be limited at the moment to playing off a back half flank and some of his disposal is a real disgrace so I think he may find himself on the outer

oooooooo interesting. Gonna be some eyes on him and Burgoyne over the next few weeks. Goddard was an absolute gun in 06 and just warming up before he copped the knee.

Lets hope he takes awhile to get going..about rnd 8 sounds good.

I hope Goddard can get back to some good form this year. Hes one of my favourite players, was devastated to see him go down last year.

I find it funny how stupid some people are.

If i see one more person compare Riggio and S.Thompson.. :rolleyes:

Riggio - Young, skinny, inexperienced winger/back flanker. Hence not many games
Thompson - 21 year old, solid, experienced enough against bigger bodies. Should and will play 15+ games

Spot on, I just don't understand why he was dropped last week..

Saints aint gonna drop raph clarke or 90% sure blake so geary should be the one to go as fisher will stay until baker comes back however against bulldogs who are small we may drop blake but unlikely.

once again may i point out that geary is nothing special (atm). He does not use the ball particularly well and his role can be easily done by most - ESPECIALLY GODDARD. goddard is perfect replacement for geary.

Hey lads, just looking to get some opinions on my team

dreamteam.jpg

Im not sure what i should do with drummond, the last two weeks i've taken a zero on account of hansen not playing (i didnt have pfefier as an emergency), so im not sure i should wait drummound out for the week, because i will probably end up with two zeros. I had planned on keeping drummond for this week, then hoping Bowden dropped so i could do a direct switch, but i feel this is unlikely now. (don't believe i'll have the money to do it)

Another thought i had was trading him for Sam Fisher.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!

Thompson - 21 year old, solid, experienced enough against bigger bodies. Should and will play 15+ games

I agree.
S.Thompson has dash, has confidence, has a matured body and is already a premiership player. :p
He looks the goods.

I am, however, concerned about his position with JWS set to return this week.

:confused:

Hey lads, just looking to get some opinions on my team

dreamteam.jpg

Im not sure what i should do with drummond, the last two weeks i've taken a zero on account of hansen not playing (i didnt have pfefier as an emergency), so im not sure i should wait drummound out for the week, because i will probably end up with two zeros. I had planned on keeping drummond for this week, then hoping Bowden dropped so i could do a direct switch, but i feel this is unlikely now. (don't believe i'll have the money to do it)

Another thought i had was trading him for Sam Fisher.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!

Very good team by the way i like it.
Keep Drummond for this week even if you get a zero because of Hansen. See how Pffeifer and Hansen goes this week, if no good, I would look at Peter Burgoyne, will get down under Drummond for sure and is a high quailty keeper. Sit on that team for a while after that and you will be sitting very pretty IMO :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think anyone is comparing them as players. Just for DT purposes they have shown similar traits. Granted, SD Thompson should play more but none of you NM supporters seem to grasp what Laidley is thinking. Last week, not 1 NM supporter had SD Thompson getting dropped and look what happens. It was obvious from an outsider that he was a big chance to be dropped considering who else was on the bench.

Should play 15+ games but really you and no-one besides Laidley knows.

Very good team by the way i like it.
Keep Drummond for this week even if you get a zero because of Hansen. See how Pffeifer and Hansen goes this week, if no good, I would look at Peter Burgoyne, will get down under Drummond for sure and is a high quailty keeper. Sit on that team for a while after that and you will be sitting very pretty IMO :thumbsu:

Thanks for that champ, peter burgoyne had kinda drifted past my mind.....

and thanks for the comment on the team too :D

Should play 15+ games but really you and no-one besides Laidley knows.

For the sake of my dream team lets hope you're correct.

He was never going to be a front line player for me, just someone who would earn me some $. I'm just getting a little worried that Sinclair coming back into the team will limit his chances at getting a game now.

With Peter Burgoyne looking like he is going to drop in price a fair bit it has left me with a bit of a problem. At the moment the three weakest scorers in my backline have been Symes Ellis and Nathan Brown. Despite Symes' ordinary start I am keen on keeping him because I think he will score quite well and overall increase a fair bit in price before any eventual upgrade later down the track. So really my issue lies with Xavier Ellis and Brown. At the moment Brown is hurting my scores the most after scoring only 22 on the weekend and with neither SDT or Scotty Selwood getting a game, starting someone else wasnt an option. Is it worth me trading in Josh Hill into my foward line who will hopefully increase in price fairly quickly in order to downgrade him to a rookie and hopefully make 150K or so within 5-6 weeks, hoping that Burgoyne too stays at a lower price, or am i best to use money from an original cash cow like Craig Bird and use the increasing price of Xavier Ellis to get Burgoyne while he is low?

With Peter Burgoyne looking like he is going to drop in price a fair bit it has left me with a bit of a problem. At the moment the three weakest scorers in my backline have been Symes Ellis and Nathan Brown. Despite Symes' ordinary start I am keen on keeping him because I think he will score quite well and overall increase a fair bit in price before any eventual upgrade later down the track. So really my issue lies with Xavier Ellis and Brown. At the moment Brown is hurting my scores the most after scoring only 22 on the weekend and with neither SDT or Scotty Selwood getting a game, starting someone else wasnt an option. Is it worth me trading in Josh Hill into my foward line who will hopefully increase in price fairly quickly in order to downgrade him to a rookie and hopefully make 150K or so within 5-6 weeks, hoping that Burgoyne too stays at a lower price, or am i best to use money from an original cash cow like Craig Bird and use the increasing price of Xavier Ellis to get Burgoyne while he is low?

Xavier Ellis just carved last week and is expected to go up in price a lot. I think you'd be stupid to trade him. So what PB has had one bad game, he is a machine and will make you pay if you get rid of him.

So looks like Kruezer will play this week, while Knights indicated that he may drop a few young guys and Dempsey and NLM are definite outs.

Xavier Ellis just carved last week and is expected to go up in price a lot. I think you'd be stupid to trade him. So what PB has had one bad game, he is a machine and will make you pay if you get rid of him.

Mate I dont want to get rid of PB I want to get him in my team for either Nathan Brown or Xavier Ellis, my problem being I'm not sure i can raise the funds to do that solely from 2 rookie players in Brown and Hill.

For the sake of my dream team lets hope you're correct. Thompson.

He was never going to be a front line player for me, just someone who would earn me some $. I'm just getting a little worried that Sinclair coming back into the team will limit his chances at getting a game now.

The worry is can he get a game in front of the players coming back. Harding seems to be in front of him and should hold his spot, Smith and Sinclair to return. Based on last week Laidley has Hansen in front of him and even when Hansen was a late scatching Thompson could not get a gig.
I thought he was OK in the first half round 1, it smells a bit like he's broken onfield team rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back