AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to trade Kosi, have 370k in bank but only willing to use up to 340k, what you guys reckon bout Grant and Stokes? Can they keep up there form? Or should i just go with Didak who i was leaning towards before?

What are peoples thoughts on the following trades, Michael Johnson to Bret Thornton and Nathan Brown to Barry Hall?

No good for mine.
Why would you do that.
Classic sideways trades with no apparant advantages.

Still, I like hearing about people making pointless trades, so go for it

Dont be stupid, if you had 7 West Coast defenders would it make a difference?

Who is the one being stupid?

2 West Coast defenders in the same team and you think it makes a difference?

In that case it is stupid to have both Ablett and Bartel.

If Waters averages 80 and Jones averages 80 then how can it matter if they are both in your team?

To answer your idiotic question if there was 7 defenders worthy of selection then fine no problem with it. The reality is you will not find a side with 7 players in one position worthy.

The only one that comes close is the Cats midfield.
I have no problem with a DT midfield of Corey, Ablett, Bartell etc.

Who is the one being stupid?

2 West Coast defenders in the same team and you think it makes a difference?

In that case it is stupid to have both Ablett and Bartel.

If Waters averages 80 and Jones averages 80 then how can it matter if they are both in your team?

To answer your idiotic question if there was 7 defenders worthy of selection then fine no problem with it. The reality is you will not find a side with 7 players in one position worthy.

The only one that comes close is the Cats midfield.
I have no problem with a DT midfield of Corey, Ablett, Bartell etc.

I've got Corey & Gablett, and I'm loving it, hoping Bartels comes down to about 430k in next 3-4 weeks so I can fit him in. Fat chance of that though.

It's a senseless issue, how many players can I have from 1 team. 9 blokes scored 90 or over from Geelong last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only thinking of making one trade this week - Jetta to Hill.

Sounds a bit sideways for my liking, but I may need the 50k that I make out of the trade to upgrade Mattner to Burgoyne in a couple of weeks time.

What are peoples thoughts on this trade? Especially Jetta vs Hill points wise.

Exact same trade ill be making. I dont think its that sideways. Jetta isnt even starting for me (Rioli on the field) and is a waste of cash. Hill is a much better cash cow and will also score better than Jetta in the meantime.

Man the dreamteam people are horrendous this year.
Site crashes and this eliminator thing is pretty funny too. Barely got enough entries cuz they took so long to open up dreamteam and get it working. Then they are like yeah just keep ya ball sacs tucked in until round 1 and we will announce it then and now we still dono wats goin on they just say yeah we will announce this week.

not a big deal just thought id try and not let people forget about their poor effort this year especially with people losin their team.

I was trying to estimate the max values that my reserve players will reach, and was wondering what others think.

I was thinking...

Pfeiffer (depends on how much of a go he gets...but potentially +120k)
N.Brown (coll) (dont see him going up much (+60k at the most)
S.D.Thompson (Riggio anyone?....Lucky to get enough games to get +50)
Geary (Looks solid...+160-200k)
Bird (+120k factoring in the Sydney effect)
West (Ottens may be out for a little longer...+50k)
Leuenberger (+50k?)
Rioli (70s will see him hit 300k......+200-230k)
Gamble (if he keeps his spot....+150k)
Hill (surely not a year long ave. of 80.....+200-230k)

Thoughts?

Also, add in any other reserves that are of interest

I was trying to estimate the max values that my reserve players will reach, and was wondering what others think.

I was thinking...

Leuenberger (+50k?)

Thoughts?

Only have a few of those, but would tend to agree with Rioli, Hill, thompson, Bird and Berger. Geary and Gamble are the two if's in my opinion, will they hold their spots in such good teams? If they can they will be great.

Does anyone know Buckleys break even score this week? Looked a lot better in the pre-season, what happened?

People are getting way ahead of themselves when rating the rookies. Remember that round 1 scores only count once to the rolling average and round 2 twice, its the rounds coming ahead that will make the difference. If Hill has a couple of 30's he wont go up by that much once his round 1 & 2 scores are gone.

People are getting way ahead of themselves when rating the rookies. Remember that round 1 scores only count once to the rolling average and round 2 twice, its the rounds coming ahead that will make the difference. If Hill has a couple of 30's he wont go up by that much once his round 1 & 2 scores are gone.

You are right. I'm counting my chickens before they've hatched here, but Hill has showed what he is capable of by performing so well in the first 2 rounds, and while he wont score 80-90 every week, an average of 70 is not unreasonable to expect IMO. I can only go on the first two rounds, but he and Rioli look the goods, and you would have to back them to make a fair bit of cash.

I was thinking...

Leuenberger (+50k?)

Thoughts?

Nathan Brown may improve a bit more over the coming weeks because keep in mind hes minded Pavlich and Brown the last two weeks and has done a great job but he has probably been worrying more about his man and less about finding the pill. With Collingwood playing teams who don't have as dominant CHF (pretty much everyone bar the Saints) he should be able to get a bit more cheap possession down back

i just heard nathan lovett murray is out for this week. though it oly says taht on the afl website not on the dons website or even in the afl injury report. does anyone else have aney news on wether this is true and/or who would he best traded for?

I find it funny how stupid some people are.

If i see one more person compare Riggio and S.Thompson.. :rolleyes:

Riggio - Young, skinny, inexperienced winger/back flanker. Hence not many games
Thompson - 21 year old, solid, experienced enough against bigger bodies. Should and will play 15+ games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back