AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone comment on this backline and tell me what to change. Constructive or harsh criticism accepted as long as it will help me.

Heath Shaw
Grant Birchall
Lindsay Gilbee
Tadhg Kennelly
Jesse W. Smith
Shannon Hurn
Xavier Ellis

Can someone comment on this backline and tell me what to change. Constructive or harsh criticism accepted as long as it will help me.

Heath Shaw
Grant Birchall
Lindsay Gilbee
Tadhg Kennelly
Jesse W. Smith
Shannon Hurn
Xavier Ellis

Umm....They are two problem players, maybe downgrade one of your more expensive players to upgrade both or one of these players..

Heath Shaw
Grant Birchall
Lindsay Gilbee
Tadhg Kennelly
Jesse W. Smith
Shannon Hurn
Xavier Ellis

I like it. The NAB Cup will help you with the Ellis choice because there are still question over his playing time. Otherwise it is solid with a lot of potential. One of the weaker sections of your team i presume?

im unsure what the deal is with coughlan. is he fit at the moment and has he had a full preseason or what. early on he was a definate but im seeing he is not in a lot of ppls teams even though he is less than 200,000.

im unsure what the deal is with coughlan. is he fit at the moment and has he had a full preseason or what. early on he was a definate but im seeing he is not in a lot of ppls teams even though he is less than 200,000.

he's a def starter for me now butler is looking gone...
apparently he's looking ok from what i read...
at 196grand you cant go wrong..

he's a def starter for me now butler is looking gone...
apparently he's looking ok from what i read...
at 196grand you cant go wrong..
cheers mate.
now, Higgins coughlan Chapman or Mitchell Didak Hawkins/Bradshaw?
also anyone noticed how no elite forwards from below 400k seem worth their price, all have a bit too much risk involved

Heath Shaw
Grant Birchall
Lindsay Gilbee
Tadhg Kennelly
Jesse W. Smith

Shannon Hurn
Xavier Ellis

Wouldnt get either of those players, Kennelly hasnt really shown us that he can be a good dteamer (besides from 4 games at the start of last year) and has serious issues with staying on the park

Jessie Smith, as you may know, has injured his ankle, and hasn't been training for the last 8 weeks

cheers mate.
now, Higgins coughlan Chapman or Mitchell Didak Hawkins/Bradshaw?
also anyone noticed how no elite forwards from below 400k seem worth their price, all have a bit too much risk involved

risk imvolved but my forward line is

pavlich
riewoltz
j.brown
deledio
didak
hawkins
thompson
dew
and a 83500 dollar rookie...

my rucks strugle tho with simmonds burger and 2 rookies... i think theres more chance to score big points else where than spending big money on your rucks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heath Shaw
Grant Birchall
Lindsay Gilbee
Tadhg Kennelly
Jesse W. Smith
Shannon Hurn
Xavier Ellis

Good back line IMO.....and pretty simillar to most.....i think Hurn will be a great pick up this year along with everyone else and we all know ellis has the potential....though really has to cement his spot

I hope Smith is OK but he has had ongoing ankle problems for some years now so there may be some truth to the rumour

Im not going to take any risk with the 350-400k fowards, the 3 guns in my foward line are all over 400k

Quick Question, which player would you pick out of these: Newman, Goddard, Birchall, waters or Gilbee

Likewise. Although there are 1 or 2 player's in the 350-400 category that are worthy of selection.

So ladies..

Who are we all keeping an eye on for tonight?

Im going:

Douglas, Didak, Pentles, Clarke, shaw, cloke, Van Berlo, Symes, Reilly, Knights, tippet, maric, ben johnson (who knows) ? and Dale Thomas

Hi im new to this forum but was after some advise in a few areas. I play both DT and SC but the last swason myself and 9 others played a private league in which we made a few little changes to things we didnt like. The main change was that we didnt like that on any given week say 6 of your blokes absolutly dominate and you think its flag time only to see that your opposition that we has all 6 as well cancelling each other out. Grrrrr

Last year we organised a bbq and held a draft (salary cap free) and each team had to draft 15 forwards, mids/rucks and backs for a senior list of 45 players from which you choose a team each week. I lost the preliminary final but was hot and cold all year lead by the lack of form of one B Hall (was rapt when i got him, massive dissapointment).

This year again 15 mids, backs and forwards bave given rucks their own category and each team must draft 3 rucks. Given that in my opinion there are only 5 or six gun rucks (cox, ottenns, everitt, white and brogan) only 2 of them ave over 90 in SC and only 4 over 83 what would people suggest in drafting in teh cases of (A) not being lucky enough in getting one of the first 5 picks in that position and (B) in round 2 and beyond in rucks who are some names that will get enough game time to be a decent back up (or frontliner if need be) to have some sort of impact in that position. Last year ruck was my biggest down fall, I had jolly who was good on some weeks but no consistant like some names above.

My second queriy is Forwards. The big names pick themselves but the 2nd and 3rd stringers can be tricky. Last year i gambled on a few players in various positions coming out of long term injury/time out of the game with mixed results N Lappin was a win while J Aka ws not. I like both D Bradshaw and N Thompson both knees in 07 but dont want to burdon the forward line by risking getting both and having them break down.

We also get to keep one player from last year. I kept J Bowden who i think should be solid agian. pretty sure he finished in the top 10 overall last year/

So ladies..

Who are we all keeping an eye on for tonight?

Im going:

Douglas, Didak, Pentles, Clarke, shaw, cloke, Van Berlo, Symes, Reilly, Knights, tippet, maric, ben johnson (who knows) ? and Dale Thomas

Pretty much keeping an eye out for all those players, but I heard Douglas might not make the final cut for the team

Where did you hear that? I would have thought he was a certainty to play. He's one of their up and comers.[/quote]

just going by the Adelaide board (which probably isn't very reliable) but I would expect him to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back