AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porplyzia has had midfielders prep in altitude chamber but I need 1 more look this weekend to convince me.
quote]

These are my thoughts on Porplyzia.
He may be my favourite player but i promice you i'm not over reacting.

In my team he is a DT lock in. He will be there this whole year unless he is injured. A cheap forward who will probably keep his spot in the midfield after his fantastic work against Collingwood.

I expect him to average 80-90 points a game if he keeps up what he did last week.

IMHO Cox and Chad Cornes are not worth the amount that they are, they will eventually drop in price and become a more generous price.

I don't get why people are putting Stuart Dew and Nathan Thompson in their team it is as risky as leaving a little boy and Micheal Jackson in a room together.

I repeat Dew and Thompson in your team will be a major downfall.

Watch.

Cornes and Cox are expensive, But worth it, at least Cox is.

I have both. But Chad is 630... that is a lot.

I have thompson atm, he is cheap, and should rise in price, after all he is the roos best forward.

Dew sucks ;)

IMHO Cox and Chad Cornes are not worth the amount that they are, they will eventually drop in price and become a more generous price.

Probably very true but is their drop in price worth a use of a trade for a player you are going to end up with anyway..?

What do people consider the value of a trade in terms of cash? Especially for a player that you plan to get when their price drops.

1 trade = $130K?? Thoughts??

I don't get why people are putting Stuart Dew and Nathan Thompson in their team it is as risky as leaving a little boy and Micheal Jackson in a room together.

I repeat Dew and Thompson in your team will be a major downfall.

Watch.
The thing is that there as cheap as a youngster so there are worth having on your bench for emergences... unless you can reconmend to me a better player for there prices??:rolleyes:

I have constructed what I think a team which will be very simmiliar to my round one team.

But I am a bit skeptic on these players:

Waite (Will he be going down back on the monster forwards or will he have some freedom as a playmaker?) See what happens in round 2 of the NAB Waite may play forward given that Fisher has gone down Look at Johncock.
Hurn (Will he get more gametime in the engine room as a ball winner and deliverer to the forward 50 which is his natural game?) I expect him to. Moving to the midfield will probably mean more possesions and goals
Goddard (Is he over his knee?). Risky. I am not sure to be honest.
Dempsey (Is this his breakout year? Will he play the magority of the season?)The only thing stopping him is the possibility of injury. If he continues the average from his last 2 competitive games (round 21 and nab round 1) was 49.5 which would raise his value by 80k. More than worth the risk.
Lade (Is he past it?) possibly Look at Kosi

If you have any thoughts that there are better players at the players price or even lower please give me some advice. I have 6k.:thumbsu:

These are my thoughts on Porplyzia.
He may be my favourite player but i promice you i'm not over reacting.

In my team he is a DT lock in. He will be there this whole year unless he is injured. A cheap forward who will probably keep his spot in the midfield after his fantastic work against Collingwood.

I expect him to average 80-90 points a game if he keeps up what he did last week.

I wouldn't go as far as saying Porplyzia is a DT lock....yet, he is one that I am considering, but I just want to see the Crows play a couple more game to see what position he plays

The thing is that there as cheap as a youngster so there are worth having on your bench for emergences... unless you can reconmend to me a better player for there prices??:rolleyes:

Theyre 2ce the price of a youngster. And Dew in his best ever DT season only averaged 70's, most of his seasons averaged 50s or 60s. So in other words hes a DT dud. Thompson from memory has had 1 good DT season, where he averaged high 70s.

As for their prices, well no, there really isnt value at that price in the forwards. So why dont you compensate around the ground and get yourself a player who is a little bit more expensive in the forwards and trim down in other positions. A good coach does not need a player under 200k in their forward line.

Any thoughts on flag chance with this lot

BACKS

Shaw H
McLeod A
Fletcher D
Hunter A
Goddard B
Riggio M
Pears T

Selwood S
Silvester

MIDS

Stevens N
Lappin N
Ablett G
Cornes C
Cross D
Kerr D
Dejerrika N

Dalzeil B
Barham J

FWDS

Thompson N
Bradshaw D
Hall B
Lucas S
Brown Na
Chapman P

Tippet K
Rioli C

RUCKS

Brogan D
Kruzer M
Cartlidge T
Connelly B

Maybe a little weak defensively whats yous thoughts

Nathan Thompson = 178k
Stuart Dew = 163k

Who in their right state of mind would put these two flops as Emergencies. Thompson will be scoring in the negative area. Dew never was a 'star' at DT, and after a year of footy and a year ON KFC he will be even shitter. He might play round 1 but will probably be dropped in the coming 3-5 weeks once Clarkson reliases. Also i think 150k+ players on the bench is a massive waste.

Nathan Thompson = 178k
Stuart Dew = 163k

Who in their right state of mind would put these two flops as Emergencies. Thompson will be scoring in the negative area. Dew never was a 'star' at DT, and after a year of footy and a year ON KFC he will be even shitter. He might play round 1 but will probably be dropped in the coming 3-5 weeks once Clarkson reliases. Also i think 150k+ players on the bench is a massive waste.

I agree with MOST of that. Bench is ridiculous for those two.
I also think your Dew comments are 100% true.

Thompson won't be scoring negative, or that badly and will surely increase in price!?

Nathan Thompson = 178k
Stuart Dew = 163k

precisely
why waste 178 and 163 k on them for your bench ? when there is lachlan henderson m motlop rioli hansen

I agree with MOST of that. Bench is ridiculous for those two.
I also think your Dew comments are 100% true.

Thompson won't be scoring negative, or that badly and will surely increase in price!?

thompsons shit house
be lucky to get 5 kicks 5 marks and 2 goals
thats gonna be his most likely efforts in majority of games and even thats just 42 pts
plus expect him to give away 2 frees a game
rekon he wont be averaging much more then 36

thompsons shit house
be lucky to get 5 kicks 5 marks and 2 goals
thats gonna be his most likely efforts in majority of games and even thats just 42 pts
plus expect him to give away 2 frees a game
rekon he wont be averaging much more then 36

Geez, that's a massive call...:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i stick by it ;)
i would call the guy a has been
but imo its more like a never been :D
his times well and truly over
pretty confident on that :thumbsu:
with michael merrett glass lake rutten thornton scarlett croad macguire most likely taking him i dont like his chances of doing to much
maybe the odd day of 70 pts against the melbournes richmonds etc
but against those defenders
i wouldnt see him getting any more then 50

36 is pretty much spot on IMHO. He might get 50's-60's here and there, but he will also get the 30's and 40's and if he gets scores of 12 in the rain (Did I mention NT will play in more rainy games for the year :thumbsu:) And sometimes he might pull out the occasion 10 and under. Might and might pull out a negative score to.

Yeah fair point, maybe a couple of players that could benefit are Schammer and also i believe Mundy could push more into midfield, if he does he could be very handy

Fair call on Des, but Schammer will definitely benefit and obviously more game time for Palmer who now becomes a lock.

What role for Gilmore with the other 2 giraffes playing? Big numbers on the weekend!!

36 is pretty much spot on IMHO. He might get 50's-60's here and there, but he will also get the 30's and 40's and if he gets scores of 12 in the rain (Did I mention NT will play in more rainy games for the year :thumbsu:) And sometimes he might pull out the occasion 10 and under. Might and might pull out a negative score to.

david rodan :D
best pick up of the decade

Fair call on Des, but Schammer will definitely benefit and obviously more game time for Palmer who now becomes a lock.

What role for Gilmore with the other 2 giraffes playing? Big numbers on the weekend!!

hard to beat 2 giraffes
now thats haslebys goooone might see him do an adam goodes type role

Is Nathan Jone priced in at $305K? Another preseason will have helped him and the tags will go to Bruce / McLean / Green.

I'd defintly get him if I could but just does'nt fit into my team. I expect an average of 80 this year from Jones.

Is Nathan Jone priced in at $305K? Another preseason will have helped him and the tags will go to Bruce / McLean / Green.

ive been considering this strongly
it is a bit of a risk
but after averaging 70 odd last yr
id expect him to average 75 this yr
wont get noticed with greeny brucey and mclean in the guts

Bird or Palmer as a sub midfielder?

Atm leaning towards Craig Bird, I swear the Swans better play this kid right because he could be one of their main players going forward to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back