AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry guys put this one up earlier but had to go and and could find any comments

Any thoughts on flag chance with this lot

BACKS

Shaw H
McLeod A
Fletcher D
Hunter A
Goddard B
Riggio M
Pears T

Selwood S
Silvester

MIDS

Stevens N
Lappin N
Ablett G
Cornes C
Cross D
Kerr D
Dejerrika N

Dalzeil B
Barham J

FWDS

Thompson N
Bradshaw D
Hall B
Lucas S
Brown Na
Chapman P

Tippet K
Rioli C

RUCKS

Brogan D
Kruzer M
Cartlidge T
Connelly B

Maybe a little weak defensively are there two many '07 long term injury concerns

whats your thoughts

Kruzer to start on the field is a huge risk and bradshaw is probably wont make high scores early

sorry guys put this one up earlier but had to go and and could find any comments

BACKS

Shaw H
McLeod A
Fletcher D
Hunter A
Goddard B
Riggio M
Pears T

Selwood S
Silvester

MIDS

Stevens N
Lappin N
Ablett G
Cornes C
Cross D
Kerr D
Dejerrika N

Dalzeil B
Barham J

FWDS

Thompson N
Bradshaw D
Hall B
Lucas S
Brown Na
Chapman P

Tippet K
Rioli C

RUCKS

Brogan D
Kruzer M
Cartlidge T
Connelly B

Maybe a little weak defensively are there two many '07 long term injury concerns

whats your thoughts

Solid midfield. Some others you may want to consider in the team

Coughlan, Simmonds, Palmer, Hansen, Pfieffer, Bird, Leuenbergerer, Hampson, Henderson, Porplyzia, Motlop, Myers, Lonergan

All look reasonable value if they play round 1

Dew was very shocked with the amount of weight he lost:

untitled-3.jpg

BACKS

Shaw H
McLeod A
Fletcher D
Hunter A
Goddard B
Riggio M
Pears T

Selwood S
Silvester

MIDS

Stevens N
Lappin N
Ablett G
Cornes C
Cross D
Kerr D
Dejerrika N

Dalzeil B
Barham J

FWDS

Thompson N
Bradshaw D
Hall B
Lucas S
Brown Na
Chapman P

Tippet K
Rioli C

RUCKS

Brogan D
Kruzer M
Cartlidge T
Connelly B

whats your thoughts

try and get less younger players in ure team. players like pears, riggio, kreuzer and djerrkura. maybe downgrade cornes and ablett to achieve this

BACKS

Shaw H
McLeod A
Fletcher D
Hunter A
Goddard B
Riggio M
Pears T

Selwood S
Silvester

MIDS

Stevens N
Lappin N
Ablett G
Cornes C
Cross D
Kerr D
Dejerrika N

Dalzeil B
Barham J

FWDS

Thompson N
Bradshaw D
Hall B
Lucas S
Brown Na
Chapman P

Tippet K
Rioli C

RUCKS

Brogan D
Kruzer M
Cartlidge T
Connelly B

whats your thoughts

get rid of cornes and get gibbs or murphy they will rip this year

so is the general concenses good or bad for kruzer. i know he is so young by my thoughts were that acland is a bit of a dud and deluca is not much chop and if the blue struggle early and drop the first 3 or 4 he will find himself in the side and if they continue to lose he will contiune to play as he will be the future in that possie???????

so is the general concenses good or bad for kruzer. i know he is so young by my thoughts were that acland is a bit of a dud and deluca is not much chop and if the blue struggle early and drop the first 3 or 4 he will find himself in the side and if they continue to lose he will contiune to play as he will be the future in that possie???????

i reckon he is a good pick up now. fisher just getting injured may help as that is one less taller forward. will most likely start the season, but dont expect anything unbelievable.

need some help guys, im doing my head in over this forward line!

b.vince
j. brown
s. johnson
a.didak
s. rusling
l. franklin
b. fevola

are there any other suggestions for fairly cheap forwards, cause im not too sure about vince, and rusling

i still think a punt on one of the 3 big name injured 07 forward is a worthy risk. thompson and bradshaw are very cheep while willimas is a little more expensive. higher priced again but lower than usuall with plenty of good rumors is b hall. he killed me last year but the lower $$$ has me interested again

Can i just say.... Some people can you stop posting new threads with repetitive junk.

There is probably around 10 threads to do with 'who are you going to pick on your bench' and 'the guns of 2008'

I mean come on...

Sorry, wrong format

Backs
-------
C Cornes
H Shaw
Newman
Hargrave
Symes
Ellis
Pfieffer

Myers
Lonergan

Centres
----------
K Cornes
Cross
Stevens
N Jones
Coughlan
Dyson

Palmer
Bird

Rucks
-------
Cox
Simmonds

Leuenberger
Hampson

Forwards
-----------
Pavlich
Johnson
O'Keefe
Headland
Porplyzia
Vince
L Hansen

M Motlop
Henderson

Would appreciate any comments on gaps. Obviously rookies subject to change depending on Rd 1 selection. Jury still out on Headland and Hargrave.

I like it, it is a little different than other teams posted (Hargrave, O'Keefe, Dyson, N.Jones, Porplyzia etc). I'd still look at Hansen, not totally convinced he is worth a starting position, Pfieffer also. Hargrave seems a little risky, i'd look at Mundy or M.Johnson as other options, or if you have enough cash get Birchall (in for a ripper year pushing into the midfield)

I like it, it is a little different than other teams posted (Hargrave, O'Keefe, Dyson, N.Jones etc). I'd still look at Hansen, not totally convinced he is worth a starting position, Pfieffer also. Hargrave seems a little risky, i'd look at Mundy or M.Johnson as other options, or if you have enough cash get Birchall (in for a ripper year pushing into the midfield)

How are you sure he is gonna get a run in the midfield Cruiser ?? Not being a smartars3, just curious...'Cause I think he plays his best footy steaming out off the half back flank...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im not too sure about pendlebury this year. is there a chance that he might get tagged? if so, who would be better option around about his price?

How are you sure he is gonna get a run in the midfield Cruiser ?? Not being a smartars3, just curious...'Cause I think he plays his best footy steaming out off the half back flank...

There was word on the Hawthorn board that Clarkson might let him run through the middle, can't find it ATM, did have a few stints in there last year though. But even if he doesn't will be one of the best DT defenders IMO

il throw some names at you guys, they are all people you havnt considered and will be major roughies

Tredrea
Bate
Cloke
Wojinski
Milburn
Johnstone
Bate, Trav Cloke and Trav Johnstone are all in my side.
Bate is my team's uber risky player, if it pays off, ill be laughing. If not...not so much
but i could see him exploding this year.
Trav Cloke is a guy capable of being the same if not better than Lucas this year and I dont know how more havent had him in their sides
Trav J will flourish in a star studded midfield.

The rest aren't for me. I have a team my "dad" runs for my league comp (ie no players over 400k {or very vert few}) and my team that im looking to win overall with, which has a few risks and some stars.
Theres no point playing it safe from the start, to get close u have to take risks. I finished just outside the top 900 and due to my safe starting strategy, i couldnt get closer to the top.
Its funny seeing everyone having carbon copy sides.

Ill throw up some more names
Brent Rielly
Burton
Hadley
Houli
Shammer
Tim Clarke (hawthorn)
Scott Thompson (roos)
Logan
Aaron Davey
Leigh Fisher
Mcnamara