AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Western Bulldogs:

J Johannisen
J Macrae
J Stringer
L Dahlhaus
L Jong
M Bonempelli
M Boyd
M Wallis
R Murphy
S Crameri
T Liberatore
W Minson
Lin Jong over our premiership captain :straining:

Pretty shocked that there's not that many players facescanned to be honest. Thought that was what they were hanging their hat on.
That's why a lot of us kept warning people not to get excited about single close up face scans and assume the entire game would be to the same standard. The Bulldogs premiership group shot shows how useless a few quality face scans are when in a group.

That's why a lot of us kept warning people not to get excited about single close up face scans and assume the entire game would be to the same standard. The Bulldogs premiership group shot shows how useless a few quality face scans are when in a group.

maybe just wait until the trailer comes out before getting too worried about this, we don't know the full story yet behind what currently exists or not.

maybe just wait until the trailer comes out before getting too worried about this, we don't know the full story yet behind what currently exists or not.
I'm happy to reserve judgement until then, ever since the first facescan I've said all the heads could look the same for all I care as long as the gameplay is good.

I'm happy to reserve judgement until then, ever since the first facescan I've said all the heads could look the same for all I care as long as the gameplay is good.

clearly from what we've seen this morning, there is a lot of attention to detail in certain aspects of the game, which is a good thing!

Why the **** did Alan Toovey and Marley Williams get face-scanned over Reid and Moore?

I'm disappointed Swanny won't be able to be used in the game. I know it goes against licenses but I'd love it if Wicked Witch left the retired face scanned players in the game so they can be added to custom teams.

Damn you guys are awesome for doing this

I was thinking yesterday that maybe AFLW is in the game but just isn't a part of the fanhub seems that might be right

As for the custom Guernsey options I'm disappointed but it seems they decided to spend more time on the custom player creator this time around and as that is actually quite good I can wait for a quality team creator

Also pretty disappointing that Chaimberlin? didn't get a look in for the umpire scans haha

Seeing lots of super weird non-AFL surnames as well, yet once again my pretty common surname isn't one of them. :(
My surname would almost certainly not be in there. One of the good thing DBC 17 did was ask if you wanted your surname in the game (might have even been on here) and they put all the requests in the game.
This looks brilliant overall though :)

i wish this could be somehow ported to the switch, just because then you can play it as a portable game, anyway, that's just me nitpicking...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Generic:

Hawthorn:

A Woodward
C Rioli
I Smith
J Ceglar
J Gibson
J Gunston
J Lewis
J Roughead
L Breust
L Hodge
S Burgoyne
S Mitchell

Of all the Hawks players they could have done, they scanned Woodward. WTF? haha surely Poppy or something over someone who has a 2% chance to ever actually make it

P.S. Cheers for the updates mate! I don't have a good enough PC to try any of this so your updates are feeding my hype train

When is a game going to recognise that natural 'red hair' isn't painted red, nor is it yellow.

Give me some ****ing orangey options so my created player doesn't look like a git for once

My surname would almost certainly not be in there. One of the good thing DBC 17 did was ask if you wanted your surname in the game (might have even been on here) and they put all the requests in the game.
This looks brilliant overall though :)
Mine is also in DBC17 for that exact reason which is awesome, the only sports game since the early 2000's to have my name (after one of my namesakes retired from the NHL).

Just a shame that 4 months after release the rest of a game is still unfinished. :(

When is a game going to recognise that natural 'red hair' isn't painted red, nor is it yellow.

Give me some ******* orangey options so my created player doesn't look like a git for once

Relevant username.

It might be relative to their position, which is how it should be done.
Even so, pretty sure Charlie Cameron's speed for his position would be a bit higher than 87.

That's it. Come release day I'm subbing all the ratings for GOTHELIONS'.

Yeah, these scanning options are bizarre. Maybe they walked into each club and asked the first six guys in the lunch room to come and have some scans. What's odd is going for guys who were over 30, 31 and in Boomer's case over 35 when they were an injury away from instant retirement. It's weird. Surely you would have gone for younger guys locked into contracts? Or higher picks. Ie Lachie Weller at the Dockers instead of Tendai Mzungu.

Maybe Ross Lyon did the casting for the face scans: spuds who 'play their roles' instead of you know, actually good young players...

Yeah, these scanning options are bizarre. Maybe they walked into each club and asked the first six guys in the lunch room to come and have some scans. What's odd is going for guys who were over 30, 31 and in Boomer's case over 35 when they were an injury away from instant retirement. It's weird. Surely you would have gone for younger guys locked into contracts? Or higher picks. Ie Lachie Weller at the Dockers instead of Tendai Mzungu.

Maybe Ross Lyon did the casting for the face scans: spuds who 'play their roles' instead of you know, actually good young players...
I can understand Boomer.

Mzungu, Gwilt, Jamison, etc. is confusing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back