AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it your 100% certainty that we'd have a trailer by the end of the week had an undisclosed margin of error?

The results are in, 100% for no trailer and 1% for trailer, and we remind you that there is a 1% margin of error

7aef93b61f809a5782648fa4c188b233.jpg

Is there any chance that maybe the game had to release before a certain deadline to be able to legally include the AFLW players and potentially they've missed that date so the players are still in the game files but won't be playable come final release ? (No idea what the deal is for AFLW players contracts from here on out)

Is there any chance that maybe the game had to release before a certain deadline to be able to legally include the AFLW players and potentially they've missed that date so the players are still in the game files but won't be playable come final release ? (No idea what the deal is for AFLW players contracts from here on out)

That could be the situation, but seeing as Daisy Pearce is a part of the AFLPA, I doubt they would want to leave AFLW out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doubt it. All signs point to them being in the game besides official confirmation

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The gamesmen site gives a nice overview of AFL Evolution, including dramatic broadcast style replays which I didn't know about.

"AFL Evolution brings you the most intense and feature packed AFL experience ever
  • REVOLUTIONARY - New gameplay system designed to capture the thrills, skills and excitement of modern AFL.
  • COMPETITION - Play full seasons with over 80 teams from the AFL, VFL, TAC, NAB U18’s, International Cup and play multiple Bonus Teams.
  • CAREER - Build your player from the ground up. Experience the highs and lows as you work your way from an U-18’s rookie through to a true AFL legend!
  • MANAGE - Manage your club as the coach with drafting, trading, salary cap, tribunal, training and more. Lead your team to victory!
  • PLAYER CREATOR - Create any player you can imagine. Customise your facial features, height, body type, hair, ethnicity, stats and accessories.
  • ‘FAN HUB’ – Create your own or share community created players, teams and classic line ups. Choose from the best of the best.
  • ONLINE – Feel the adrenaline as you go head-to-head in competitive and co-operative online multiplayer.
  • INSTANT REPLAY SYSTEM - Multiple camera settings and dramatic broadcast style replays!"

Can't wait for the broadcast style replays showing vision of dangerfield picking his nose instead of the replay of why the free kick was given then missing the next 5 seconds of actual play because they must finish the replay.

Can't wait for the broadcast style replays showing vision of dangerfield picking his nose instead of the replay of why the free kick was given then missing the next 5 seconds of actual play because they must finish the replay.

I swear if Lindsay Thomas doesn't have his own specific animation of flailing his arms and rolling his head back when he is bumped in-game I am not buying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who arent aware, there is a YouTube user named Spartan Plays who is uploading created-player videos on his page. They're all deformed by design, and if you can tolerate his voice, good insight to see just how far you can take the creation suite in the game!!

It better have Dangerwatch or it's a no from me.

What are the chances of EB or JB breaking the release date?

Edit: having said that, i don't think we've even had clarification that the game has gone gold yet

Was it EB who broke it last time? Chances probably aren't as good as when it happened with Live 1 but I think the 3rd or 4th are viable dates potentially.

Was it EB who broke it last time? Chances probably aren't as good as when it happened with Live 1 but I think the 3rd or 4th are viable dates potentially.
It's not usually EB that break the date because they're aware of the rules. It's generally someone like a Target or Big W who have clueless people working the games area.

It's not usually EB that break the date because they're aware of the rules. It's generally someone like a Target or Big W who have clueless people working the games area.
It was K-mart @ garden city who broke it. I found out on this forum that a big chain company in south perth broke it and worked it out from there. Got a $250 speeding fine while racing to get a copy before they realized they screwed up. Had it 4 days early but the speeding fine was totally worth it at the time and i even went in to EB games to cancel my pre order that day to try and prove that the street date was broken so others could get theirs early but they didn't care and said they will wait for official confirmation before releases.

Gametraders started selling AFL Live 2 as soon as they got it. I think they were pretty confident that Tru Blu wasn't going to do anything about it.

It was K-mart @ garden city who broke it. I found out on this forum that a big chain company in south perth broke it and worked it out from there. Got a $250 speeding fine while racing to get a copy before they realized they screwed up. Had it 4 days early but the speeding fine was totally worth it at the time and i even went in to EB games to cancel my pre order that day to try and prove that the street date was broken so others could get theirs early but they didn't care and said they will wait for official confirmation before releases.
Was the game worth putting your own and other's lives at risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back