AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy to pay for DLCs etc if they make a game with a good engine like Live 1 (which I still play). AFL live 2 was an absolute joke I played it for an hour then put live 1 back in. I'm still updating rosters.

I also don't mind if it doesn't have a truck load of features I just want it to play well. That's all I want Wicked Witch. I really hope you can get it right but I doubt it because that studio doesn't give a shit about AFL like BigAnt did.

Big Ant really does cares about both and have expressed vast interest in the sport and it's fans.

Look at what Big Ant do for the cricket games. Constantly listening to what people want and working out how to make it better

They have to wait for finalized lists surely!?!?

Final lists November 30
Can they fix all the lists and release the game before xmas???

Youd think so. Dont see why they couldnt add players in a matter of hours, quick test, Publish and have in stores by 14th december, no???

Have the players from the draft already made up with stats ready and just need t assign them to teams I would think

I'd be happy to pay for DLCs etc if they make a game with a good engine like Live 1 (which I still play). AFL live 2 was an absolute joke I played it for an hour then put live 1 back in. I'm still updating rosters.

I also don't mind if it doesn't have a truck load of features I just want it to play well. That's all I want Wicked Witch. I really hope you can get it right but I doubt it because that studio doesn't give a shit about AFL like BigAnt did.

Wicked Witch has been given 3 years of development time for AFL Evolution compared to only the 12 months they were given to develop AFL Live 2. Hopefully they will have improved the gameplay a fair bit.

"evolution" I reckon can mean go one way or another.
could mean that they have put serious development into the game, being on next gen console, means it might have taken the game up another level.

or it could mean it's just some mini game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"evolution" I reckon can mean go one way or another.
could mean that they have put serious development into the game, being on next gen console, means it might have taken the game up another level.

or it could mean it's just some mini game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's hoping they've been listeninig to social media and hopefully they've been able to jump on this forum over the last 3 years to see the backlash the previous game copped and learnt something

Wicked Witch has been given 3 years of development time for AFL Evolution compared to only the 12 months they were given to develop AFL Live 2. Hopefully they will have improved the gameplay a fair bit.

Mate I really hope your right. Not holding out much hope though and will just be pleasantly surprised if so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at Big Ant as a comparison
Easily the best studio in Aus particularly when it comes to sports and even they haven't managed to get career mode or my player mode up to standard yet

There's every chance tru blu see ultimate team as a money maker and will fast track it but I think as it stands atm WW and tru blu need to get the basic modes right first.

Easily the best studio in Aus particularly when it comes to sports and even they haven't managed to get career mode or my player mode up to standard yet

There's every chance tru blu see ultimate team as a money maker and will fast track it but I think as it stands atm WW and tru blu need to get the basic modes right first.
Spot on. Would much rather a game with decent gameplay then having all this added extra stuff. Focus on movement and graphics first and keep adding in as each year passes

Well personally I disagree. I think the main reason why there is no UT on DBC is because Big Ant don't have the licenses, and that is perfectly fine, because they make up for it in other areas. However Tru Blu have the AFL license, so Wicket Witch will get to make a licensed game. So comparing WW to BA in regards to Ultimate Team is an unfair comparison.

Well personally I disagree. I think the main reason why there is no UT on DBC is because Big Ant don't have the licenses, and that is perfectly fine, because they make up for it in other areas. However Tru Blu have the AFL license, so Wicket Witch will get to make a licensed game. So comparing WW to BA in regards to Ultimate Team is an unfair comparison.
Big Ant have the NRL and a number of other rugby league licences and haven't bothered with ultimate team

Ultimate team is one of those flashy modes that are just there as extra. The backbone of a sports game is always career and my player modes, no point having 4 half finished modes when you can spend that time on having 2 strong ones

Big Ant have the NRL and a number of other rugby league licences and haven't bothered with ultimate team

Ultimate team is one of those flashy modes that are just there as extra. The backbone of a sports game is always career and my player modes, no point having 4 half finished modes when you can spend that time on having 2 strong ones
I thought Ultimate Team was FIFA's most popular mode?

I'm amazed at how many people care about the front cover of the game, or the logo, or the name, let alone expecting it to have features like FIFA.

I couldn't care less what features, modes or look it has, I just want an AFL game with a realistic, enjoyable and long-term playable game engine. It's all good and well that AFL Live 2 had fully licensed career modes featuring the VFL, TAC Cup and State of Origin teams but the game itself was terribly under-done. Fix the game first and worry about the modes later.

I'm fairly certain tru blu have been the publisher behind all wicked witch AFL games right back to AFL challenge on psp

From what I've heard and read over time AFL challenge was made on a non existent budget while WW were given 6 months to make Live 2
That's what I've heard as well. Personally, I'm going to give Wicked Witch one last chance to see what they can do with some time and some budget into their game. If it stinks, It's their third strike and they will be done in my books.

Everybody is so quick to judge a game that they haven't played yet
If you go to a restaurant 5 times and every single time the meal is undercooked and terrible, what would you predict the 6th would be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back