AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It doesn't mean that the game will be good true, but there is a correlation between quality and the length of time you've been given to work on something.
I don't think you understand what I've said.

Yes, there has been three years since the last game, but that doesn't mean they've had the funding to use all of that time on this new game, and if they have, it wouldn't have been a full strength development team on it the whole time.
They may not have even touched it until the start of this season.

I hope they've been able to put a heap of devs onto it for the last few years, but with the likely budget available, that'd be pretty tough.

I can't believe how many features you guys want implemented. It's not made by EA with an endless amount of money/resources it's made by a local development team.

All I'd care for is good gameplay first and foremost. Every extra feature is a bonus.

They probably would've taken on board everyone's criticisms and hopefully had time to get it right. A few of us went and played their beta of the DLC 2 years ago. People gave what they need to improve and they've noted it.
It won't be a train wreck like Live 2. Unless Tru Blu dogged them again...

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

My prediction - the game will be a lot better than AFL 2 but with some infuriating bugs that many see are game killers. TB will release a patch that fixes a few things while introducing other problems. After an initial flurry of excitement some will begin to drift back to AFL 1 while most others hold out false hope that WW will ever do anything good with an AFL title. The end.

They surely wouldn't have used the whole 3 years making this. They spat out Rugby Challenge recently within that time too. AFL will be on a different engine but that Rugby game is probably the standard we can expect

Development appears to be a bit funny for this one. It looks like they started around 18 months ago, maybe they have made it cost effective by allowing WW to take their time and use their cheapest resources. Also not having a hard finish date may have helped with the cost.

The million dollar question for me is what is the engine they are using. If it's RC3, has anyone played it, is it any good?

By the way, perhaps:
  1. Western Bulldogs – ★★★★★
  2. Sydney Swans – ★★★★★
  3. Hawthorn Hawks – ★★★★☆
  4. GWS Giants – ★★★★☆
  5. Geelong Cats – ★★★★
  6. Adelaide Crows – ★★★★
  7. West Coast Eagles – ★★★★
  8. Collingwood Magpies – ★★★☆
  9. Melbourne Demons – ★★★☆
  10. St Kilda Saints – ★★★
  11. Port Adelaide Power – ★★★
  12. Fremantle Dockers – ★★★
  13. North Melbourne Kangaroos – ★★★
  14. Carlton Blues – ★★☆
  15. Gold Coast Suns – ★★☆
  16. Richmond Tigers – ★★☆
  17. Essendon Bombers – ★★☆
  18. Brisbane Lions – ★★

LOL dont be bias, freo are 2 black stars too, richmond are better than yous

While I think it's been said before that WW read these forums I would really love to see them have someone who has an active presence here (might be a bit hard until they release a decent game)

One of the best things Ross did for Live 1 was getting involved here which meant we were already invested a little as we knew how much they cared and the ambition they had for the future. Once the game hit we were already making excuses for its short comings (which is fair considering it was really the foundation)

I reckon if it felt like we were actively involved in the development we'd cut WW some slack

Wicked witch aren't getting any slack from me, either they deliver or they can F right off. Big Ant is capable, committed and proven when it comes to developing games for a niche market including fan interaction in building and patching and they continue to improve on every development. Its not like WW are doing us a favour, they have gotten in the way of Big Ant being on the cusp of providing its 3rd version of its AFL series if they hadn't stolen the rights after AFL Live 1. WW have my optimism, I am not expecting miracles but if they produce another pile of steaming crap like AFL Live 2 then they might as well close down and TruBlu should be shown the door by the AFL. This is it, time to step up clowns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard rumours that AFL Evolution is 10000000x better than AFL Live 2, but still a little bit clunky but manageable to fix with a patch or two.

I think we should all be getting a bit excited if that's the case

It would help if WW were a company which provides "a patch or two". WW are the worst at releasing patches and if you're lucky enough to get one, don't hold your breath for a second.

Wicked witch aren't getting any slack from me, either they deliver or they can F right off. Big Ant is capable, committed and proven when it comes to developing games for a niche market including fan interaction in building and patching and they continue to improve on every development. Its not like WW are doing us a favour, they have gotten in the way of Big Ant being on the cusp of providing its 3rd version of its AFL series if they hadn't stolen the rights after AFL Live 1. WW have my optimism, I am not expecting miracles but if they produce another pile of steaming crap like AFL Live 2 then they might as well close down and TruBlu should be shown the door by the AFL. This is it, time to step up clowns.
Again though how much of this can be blamed on WW

Tru Blu are yet to really give them a decent crack at it tbh and I would think tru blu would also have a fair amount of say when it comes to patches

There was 3 years between big ant being announced as devs on a new AFL game and Live 1 being released. WW had 6-12 months for Live 2

Agreed. I'm sick of the "We should just be happy we're getting an AFL game" mentality. Wicked Witch making AFL games is bad for the future of AFL games. Shitty games equal shitty sales, which equals fewer games, or none at all. Meanwhile Big Ant are revolutionising cricket games, and we're all sitting here going "Give WW a chance. Their other 5 chances at AFL games have all been pus but hey, maybe 6th time lucky?"

Agreed. I'm sick of the "We should just be happy we're getting an AFL game" mentality. Wicked Witch making AFL games is bad for the future of AFL games. Shitty games equal shitty sales, which equals fewer games, or none at all. Meanwhile Big Ant are revolutionising cricket games, and we're all sitting here going "Give WW a chance. Their other 5 chances at AFL games have all been pus but hey, maybe 6th time lucky?"
This. At least Big Ant had the foundations out, all you need to do is look at rugby league live 3 and see what could've been. Not expecting wicked witch to produce a 5 star game, just something that playable and something to build on in future releases.

Putting my tin foil hat on, how much money is WW giving BigAnton to get onto forums and spread rumours about how good the game is?????

tinfoil-hat-2.jpeg

I've heard rumours that AFL Evolution is 10000000x better than AFL Live 2, but still a little bit clunky but manageable to fix with a patch or two.

I think we should all be getting a bit excited if that's the case
Come on seriously, not even Fifa 17 is 10000000 times better then AFL LIVE 2. If you do know about the upcoming release, PLEASE TELL US A LITTLE BIT MORE INFO which is not so vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back