AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The slow drip feed we've been getting for the last 4 months has slowly, but surely, driven every single one of us in this thread crazy. Its like one of those "meth-before and after ads"

The slow drip feed we've been getting for the last 4 months has slowly, but surely, driven every single one of us in this thread crazy. Its like one of those "meth-before and after ads"
AFL Evolution - Not even once.

The fact that Round 1 has been and gone and still no trailer has me a little worried

It pretty much guarantees they aren't holding off for an 'in time' reveal so hopefully it's not cause they know it looks bad

The fact that Round 1 has been and gone and still no trailer has me a little worried

It pretty much guarantees they aren't holding off for an 'in time' reveal so hopefully it's not cause they know it looks bad

The AFL Live 1 trailer came out 27/2/11 and the game released almost exactly 2 months later on 23/4/11 so even if it comes out this weekend theres not much or a madsive wait left!

Live 2's trailer came out like 2 weeks before the game didn't it? So yeah, hopefully we get trailer and then a sudden release. There's been enough building excitement for the game to not need a long time between the two

Live 2's trailer came out like 2 weeks before the game didn't it? So yeah, hopefully we get trailer and then a sudden release. There's been enough building excitement for the game to not need a long time between the two
fair point you make, also considering it was wicked witch who provided the last game as well and tru blu published it, so its exactly the same as afl evolution

Agreed

Plus what are they going to do with the months in between trailer and release if they did release in June ?
In terms of promotion after a trailer there really isn't anything else to show us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did they release a trailer for Live 2? I dont remember at all, I remember some screenshots and then it came out second week of September 2013..
I remember the trailer well. It looked like NHL on grass and also contained a terrible clip of one player running and about 6 opposition players chasing him like a row of ducks. For what it was meant to do, the trailer was probably worse than the actual game.

I remember the trailer well. It looked like NHL on grass and also contained a terrible clip of one player running and about 6 opposition players chasing him like a row of ducks. For what it was meant to do, the trailer was probably worse than the actual game.
Is this the one?

I guess we can take a positive out of this. There was no massive promotional push for Live 2. Not to mention no announcement for a Sam Reid cover. They sort of just made it their profile picture from memory
They obviously weren't proud of it and knew it wasn't going to be successful

As for Evolution, I can't ever remember an AFL game being promoted with such excitement like this. It gives me hope that they're confident we'll like it
Not to mention even the screenshots for Live 2 really went under the radar and for good reason.
At worst, you'd think the gameplay is on par with Live 1

But I've been wrong before, Dennis.

Promising signs regarding realism in the game, really happy they added this feature, nothing was more annoying then 100,000 people rocking up for a game between Melbourne and Gold Coast at the g on afl live 1/2. I feel the small features like this will make the game really nice if they can pull off the big features like gameplay

Attachments

• IMG_0307.PNG
    IMG_0307.PNG
    55.5 KB · Views: 7
Promising signs regarding realism in the game, really happy they added this feature, nothing was more annoying then 100,000 people rocking up for a game between Melbourne and Gold Coast at the g on afl live 1/2. I feel the small features like this will make the game really nice if they can pull off the big features like gameplay

It would be cool if it's variable. Like if you play out a career mode, the crowds will increase or decrease depending on your side's performance.

T
It would be cool if it's variable. Like if you play out a career mode, the crowds will increase or decrease depending on your side's performance.
they will be man, check the image I attached, they confirmed to me that will be the case

Attachments

• IMG_0307.PNG
    IMG_0307.PNG
    55.5 KB · Views: 7
I hope they don't give players wildly specific positions like the did with Live 2. I know it didn't have a massive impact playing them out of position but it was weird having a player who was a Left Wing, why not just wing? Or just midfield for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back