AFL Final tickets fiascoes

Remove this Banner Ad

4 barcodes all 'not valid'...so I type them in one by one...'not valid'...'not valid'...etc. eventual timeout...go into the queue behind 17000 others...seats eventually in the nosebleeds...sometime after 10.35am after having logged in before 10am. this for silver seat members. what I'd like to know is which teams supporters got those seats?

4 barcodes all 'not valid'...so I type them in one by one...'not valid'...'not valid'...etc. eventual timeout...go into the queue behind 17000 others...seats eventually in the nosebleeds...sometime after 10.35am after having logged in before 10am. this for silver seat members. what I'd like to know is which teams supporters got those seats?
and I haven't heard that any Hawks supporters had this problem?

It was a massive shit show this time around.

Generally speaking I haven't really had any issues when it comes to tickets and finals, but this year there was something wrong. The app is broken and didn't give any space to put your barcode in for the members sale. I don't know about the other games, but it seemed like most if not all went during the 10-2 members sale and stuff all for GA,,

Each year we hear the AFL say things will be better next year and next year rolls around and sure as eggs, it is a fiasco yet again. Ticketek and Ticketmaster say lessons will be learned but nothing happens as they count their coin.

Barcodes not valid, timeouts, a virtual queue of thousands, inability to access tickets from overseas or VPN and hours wasted in the middle of a working week. Where do we turn? ACCC?

As a long time member, I feel betrayed and I feel upset for people who are there week in, week out, even in Ballarat during the lightning, they did not shirk the grassy knoll and continued to watch and now wont be there for the big game.

As for Ticketek - your system really sucks and is not fit for purpose. It should ask how many tix I need and then show me the options still available - it is not rocket bloody surgery is it ...and as for the virtual queue, perhaps beef up the core ticketing systems to reduce the queue size (over 20,000 when I joined).

Anyone else affected?
Full points for the avatar.
There's gotta be a new race!

4 barcodes all 'not valid'...so I type them in one by one...'not valid'...'not valid'...etc. eventual timeout...go into the queue behind 17000 others...seats eventually in the nosebleeds...sometime after 10.35am after having logged in before 10am. this for silver seat members. what I'd like to know is which teams supporters got those seaseat
other Bulldogs members would have got your seats. They would have allocated half the ground for each team for a local derby.

Each year we hear the AFL say things will be better next year and next year rolls around and sure as eggs, it is a fiasco yet again. Ticketek and Ticketmaster say lessons will be learned but nothing happens as they count their coin.

Barcodes not valid, timeouts, a virtual queue of thousands, inability to access tickets from overseas or VPN and hours wasted in the middle of a working week. Where do we turn? ACCC?

As a long time member, I feel betrayed and I feel upset for people who are there week in, week out, even in Ballarat during the lightning, they did not shirk the grassy knoll and continued to watch and now wont be there for the big game.

As for Ticketek - your system really sucks and is not fit for purpose. It should ask how many tix I need and then show me the options still available - it is not rocket bloody surgery is it ...and as for the virtual queue, perhaps beef up the core ticketing systems to reduce the queue size (over 20,000 when I joined).

Anyone else affected?
Alleluia brother/sister - and then to read today from Ticketek that "fans were successfully able to transact without issues" and then claim if there were issues it was all about the ("small number of") individual's browser settings just made my blood boil. A complete whitewash of what I can only assume was their failure to load members' barcodes (in my instance).

They are shameless, and why wouldn't they be when they are never called to account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it seems the App didn't work and Bulldogs members got screwed. Also hearing that AFL and MCC members had issues.

I used my laptop and being Dunstall club member looks like I was one of the few demographics catered for. The obvious thing to do would be a dry run the day before. Give everyone a chance to see if their barcode is valid. Also it was a joke that members could bring along a guest. For the record, only got tickets for my son and myself - both longtime members.

While I'm at it - I happily would have bought standing room. Buggered if I could see the option to get them. But selfish as it sounds, I was just stoked to get tickets full stop.

So the Bulldogs/Hawthorn game was sold out - no more tickets available. But with the move of the AFLW match suddenly there's space for those who had already bought tickets to the AFLW match AND extra tickets for Bulldogs and Port AFLW members.

So when's a sell out actually a sell out?

For the record, I don't have an issue with the game being moved. I think that will be terrific for the AFLW players. Just curious that extra seats can be found due to a scheduling change when plenty of rank and file members missed out on tickets.

Did anyone get an answer on whose fault it was that some Bulldogs reserved seat members' barcodes wouldn't work?
I think Swans had some issues too.
Hawks and AFL Member barcodes seemed to work ok other than the app not having anywhere to enter them, but I never use the app.

other Bulldogs members would have got your seats. They would have allocated half the ground for each team for a local derby.
Correct, we know several more casual members who got good seats. It’s just plain wrong.
Reserve seat holders should be given 24 hours to psyforthat seat.

So the Bulldogs/Hawthorn game was sold out - no more tickets available. But with the move of the AFLW match suddenly there's space for those who had already bought tickets to the AFLW match AND extra tickets for Bulldogs and Port AFLW members.

For the record, I don't have an issue with the game being moved. I think that will be terrific for the AFLW players. Just curious that extra seats can be found due to a scheduling change when plenty of rank and file members missed out on tickets.
They wouldn’t have sold 100 tickets to the AFLW. MCC has kept 5k seats aside for walk ups so it is. It quite a sell out yet,

The tickets given to the fans with AFLW tickets for the WB v PA game, and Western Bulldog AFLW memberships, came from the corporate allocation to NAB. These had already been sold to NAB for internal distribution, and were given to the AFLW fans instead of NAB staff. If there was a shortfall, NAB would have purchased extra ticket from the allocation to other large companies.

This sort of thing happens way more often that people would realize, especially for the Grand Final.

They don't necessarily allocate half to each team. AFAIK they base it on expected demand and then adjust things as needed.

When I got into the website shortly after 10am there were definitely more level 1 bays allocated to Hawks. You could pick either team and then you could see what bays they had. Up the Punt Road half of the ground it was about 2 thirds Hawks. Up the city end more Bulldogs. I counted the level 1 bays and it was something like 20 to 13, obviously excluding AFL/MCC.

But you are right in that it would have been other Bulldogs members snapping up their allocation whilst some were having barcode problems. Not sure if the system allowed you to purchase the other team's allocation. With a Hawks barcode it let me click on the Bulldogs button and showed me their allocation but I didn't attempt to purchase.

Just for the record in case people look back at this thread the initial Punt Road allocation I saw shortly after 10am was
M50, 51 Dogs
M52, 53,54 Hawks
M55, 56 Dogs
M57 Hawks
Then a little hazy but approx
M1-6 Hawks
M7, 8 Dogs
M9-14 Hawks
M15, 16 Dogs

When I got into the website shortly after 10am there were definitely more level 1 bays allocated to Hawks. You could pick either team and then you could see what bays they had. Up the Punt Road half of the ground it was about 2 thirds Hawks. Up the city end more Bulldogs. I counted the level 1 bays and it was something like 20 to 13, obviously excluding AFL/MCC.
Not all bays are the same size, the Ponsford stand bays are larger which probably accounts for some of the discrepancy.

Interesting that they put the dogs at the away end. Not sure I've seen that before for non Collingwood games.
But you are right in that it would have been other Bulldogs members snapping up their allocation whilst some were having barcode problems. Not sure if the system allowed you to purchase the other team's allocation. With a Hawks barcode it let me click on the Bulldogs button and showed me their allocation but I didn't attempt to purchase.
If you put in a Bulldogs and Hawks barcode you can pick which allocation you buy tickets in.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Final tickets fiascoes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back