AFL Final tickets fiascoes

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure the higher team always gets the Ponsford end in finals, except maybe for Collingwood finals. That's certainly been the case for all the Hawks finals.
Just went back and checked and you are right, Hawks were at the Ponsford end for their home final v Melbourne in 2018. However this is not the Norm. Every final last year followed the Home team at the Punt road end, Away team at the Ponsford end.

So my conclusion is the Top side gets to choose which end. And it would make sense that Dogs would pick the Ponsford end since its not their home ground.

Did anyone get an answer on whose fault it was that some Bulldogs reserved seat members' barcodes wouldn't work?
I think Swans had some issues too.
Hawks and AFL Member barcodes seemed to work ok other than the app not having anywhere to enter them, but I never use the app.
So MCC members went on sale at 9, club members at 10 and AFL members at 12. Ticketek has to track and enable/disable groups of barcodes at the right times. They enabled my group only after 1) club members complained to the club and 2) the club contacted Ticketek and told them about the problem, which was about 10.40am (40 minutes after the correct time). The club advised me that, once they contacted Ticketek, it only took a few minutes to fix the problem, so I assume Ticketek already had the barcodes. They also advise that there was 'a lot of testing' done beforehand.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Final tickets fiascoes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back