AFL Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody think that Freo were going through a tough training load during their poor performances against StKilda and Carlton?

I cant see them beating Sydney without Johnson and McPharlin though.

Jono and maca haven't been much chop since they both suffered medial strains earlier in the year.
Personally,I have more confidence in a fit Dawson and silvagni over a less than right Jono and maca.

Sydney 1-39 - 4u @ 2.05

Freo's defense is a little undermanned, especially with the firepower Sydney have.
I'm backing them to get the job done at home.
Freo are very competitive though so It probably won't blowout, but I may take the line as insurance.

Just wanted to say a big hello and thanks to those that PM wandering where I was. :thumbsu:

I unfortunately spent the best part of 3 months in a hospital bed, but its great to be out and about and home again now. Following Crows games on TV was hard enough at the best of times let alone trying to follow all the other teams and know whats going on. I feel a little robbed, but then again life delivers a few curve balls every now and again. It did give me a lot of time to reflect on a lot of things in life.

I hope all you guys have done well over the past months and good luck for the remainder of the year, look forward to the banter next year in 2015.:thumbsu:

My last Fun Fact for this year will be that Port have not lost a home final at AO nor have they lost to the Tigers either in a final.:p Sorry.:p

Without looking at odds to win

I like Hawks, Sydney (with no Mcpharlin and MJ), Bombers (Only if Carlisle plays, otherwise roos) and Port/Rich toughest game for me. Maybe Richmond for the slight value if they hold some which id think they would. Be getting on them at anything over 2.50

Just wanted to say a big hello and thanks to those that PM wandering where I was. :thumbsu:

I unfortunately spent the best part of 3 months in a hospital bed, but its great to be out and about and home again now. Following Crows games on TV was hard enough at the best of times let alone trying to follow all the other teams and know whats going on. I feel a little robbed, but then again life delivers a few curve balls every now and again. It did give me a lot of time to reflect on a lot of things in life.

I hope all you guys have done well over the past months and good luck for the remainder of the year, look forward to the banter next year in 2015.:thumbsu:

My last Fun Fact for this year will be that Port have not lost a home final at AO nor have they lost to the Tigers either in a final.:p Sorry.:p

I thought you were dead :p

Without looking at odds to win

I like Hawks, Sydney (with no Mcpharlin and MJ), Bombers (Only if Carlisle plays, otherwise roos) and Port/Rich toughest game for me. Maybe Richmond for the slight value if they hold some which id think they would. Be getting on them at anything over 2.50
Carlisle ruled out

Does that ever happen? Pretty sure only 1/4 faves got up last year.
You're right - 1/4 last year, 2/4 in '12 and 3/4 in' 11.
Last time all 4 favs won in week 1 was 2009 which incidently saw every game in that finals series bar one (the GF) go the way of the higher ranked team

2 Units on Sydney H2H @ $1.45
2 Units on North Melbourne H2H @ $1.67
2 Units on Geelong H2H @ $2.60
1 Unit on Sydney (Winner-Last Quarter Only)/North Melbourne -6.50 Multi @ $3.07
0.50 Units on Sydney 1-39, North Melbourne over 15.50, Port Adelaide -15.50 Multi @ $9.25

1 Unit on Josh Kennedy (Most disposals in finals series) @ $7.50
0.40 Units on Josh Kennedy to win the Norm Smith Medal @ $10.00
0.40 Units on Brad Sewell to win the Norm Smith Medal @ $41.00
0.40 on Hawthorn Exact Winning Margin of 36 points @ $35.00

which team do ppl like for the 'Sportsbet' finals special? was thinking either Geelong/Hawks (probably be a close game) or Sydney for it..

"Place a head to head bet on any Week 1 finals game (Hawthorn v Geelong, Sydney v Fremantle, North Melbourne v Essendon, or Port Adelaide v Richmond)
If your team lead at three-quarter time but go on to lose, we'll refund your bet! (max $100 refund, applies to your first bet on head-to-head market)*"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

which team do ppl like for the 'Sportsbet' finals special? was thinking either Geelong/Hawks (probably be a close game) or Sydney for it..

"Place a head to head bet on any Week 1 finals game (Hawthorn v Geelong, Sydney v Fremantle, North Melbourne v Essendon, or Port Adelaide v Richmond)
If your team lead at three-quarter time but go on to lose, we'll refund your bet! (max $100 refund, applies to your first bet on head-to-head market)*"

I'd go Hawks v Geelong only because of the history between the two teams.

It wasn't the same without you here big fella.

It's a nice little bit of insurance but not worth betting on just to take advantage of

TAB has a promo on lead at half time and lose, but only $50 bonus.
Betezy has something similar.

They also have an NRL bonus.

Take Roosters at $1.65 with betezy and Rabbits at $2.58 w Pinny and you can't lose. Stake $50 and $32 respectively.

I would think Port safer, Tigers played their grand final last week. Consecutive travel should catch up with them.

Grundy is rumoured to be in some doubt for Swans but will see teams tonight.

Yeah true is was such an effort for the Tiges to make finals, they will be cooked.
Port have to much pride to get eliminated to the Tigers at home.

I really hope you guys win.
I just feel Buddy, Tippet & Goodes could really get on top of them.
Freo & Mcpharlin out is a big blow.
Wet weather should prevent a blow out so my 1-39 should be safe.

I'm not confident with any teams but if I had to rate them in order of confidence...

Swans
Power
Hawks
Roos
My order of safe to least safe would be:
Hawks - They have Geelong's measure. I think Geelong are fortunate to be top 4 this year.
Power - Richmond played their final to get there.
Roos - Essendon in with a good chance.
Syd/Freo - I think the conditions strongly favour Freo and the loss of MJ can be covered by Ibbo (Freo haven't had a healthy Macpharlin for weeks). Certainly I think the game will be close (closest of the round)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Finals Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back