AFL Futures

Remove this Banner Ad

I was keen on Wilson before Lecras injured himself, surely he will come into the side now with Lecras injured and play in the goal square

Interested in your thoughts re the Rising Star. I know its become a midfielders medal since the days of Kosi, then Riewolt, but for a bloke who is likely to be the leading goal kicker at the GC then the $200 for Charlie Dixon has to be big overs - especially if he kicks a few on saturday night - I can see him shortening very quickly into $20 if you take a line through Jack Darling at the West Coast. Even Sam Day is $40 and he is no where near as ready to go as Dixon. There are countless players ahead of Dixon in the betting right now who probably won't even play more than game or two and he will be there for 22...

Interested in your thoughts re the Rising Star. I know its become a midfielders medal since the days of Kosi, then Riewolt, but for a bloke who is likely to be the leading goal kicker at the GC then the $200 for Charlie Dixon has to be big overs - especially if he kicks a few on saturday night - I can see him shortening very quickly into $20 if you take a line through Jack Darling at the West Coast. Even Sam Day is $40 and he is no where near as ready to go as Dixon. There are countless players ahead of Dixon in the betting right now who probably won't even play more than game or two and he will be there for 22...

You don't go broke backing things at $200-1. Just do it. :thumbsu:

And, yeah I reckon he is a really good player.

No chance

A lot of the time he will be playing on the Scarletts, Glass;, Tarrants of the comp. not a chance imo

It todays Age
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/green-dixon-compared-with-brown-20110331-1cncz.html

Looking forward to his nomination soon...;)

Good point

He can play though. So if he holds his own he will stand out - but I take your point..

Agree on the he can play! Didnt realise he was 100kg+ as well. If he can kick 2 goals on Merrett who is a close checking FB then you never know. I guess $200 is over odds but it is going to be very hard for him. Would give him more of a chance if he was playing further up the ground.

Really liking the $1.80 on Hawks to finish top 4 (sportingbet, haven't checked other sites) appears to be singles only, would love to multi it into another sport or brownlow.

Also $2.85 (from memory, I checked earlier today) on Adelaide to miss the 8, I think they are a decent chance to make the 8, but don't mind those odds on them to miss.

I reckon Adelaide will finish top 4 this year so dont think that second bet will get up. First one should but HAwthorn are just too inconsistent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really liking the $1.80 on Hawks to finish top 4 (sportingbet, haven't checked other sites) appears to be singles only, would love to multi it into another sport or brownlow.

$1.80 seems shrt without more evidence.

You have Collingwood taking up one spot and then Hawthorn, Geelong, Western Bulldogs, Carlton and out side chances of Sydney, Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle all going for 3 spots. It's going to be very competitive I don't think you can say with any confidence that Hawthorn is a clear standout for the top 4, especially given they have already dropped a game.

i just put on few bets
$100 on franklin for colemen @ 4.40
$100 on J.reiwoldt for colemen @ 4.70
When theses two are at their goal kicking best i cant see any 1 else beating them maybe besides barry hall

$100 on Saints for top 4 @ 3.40
i just thought that was amazing value for there awesome home and away records in the past 2 seasons. i know they have hayes out and have looked shit so far but i think once they get rolling they will cruize into the top 4

$100 on Saints for top 4 @ 3.40
i just thought that was amazing value for there awesome home and away records in the past 2 seasons. i know they have hayes out and have looked shit so far but i think once they get rolling they will cruize into the top 4

No chance. Saints will struggle to make the 8. Rebuilding phase for them.

I think Riewoldt is a good thing for the Coleman, only thing that i was worried about was Dawes or Cloke because Collingwood just kick do many goals they always pick up there 3 goals or so

I think Riewoldt is a good thing for the Coleman, only thing that i was worried about was Dawes or Cloke because Collingwood just kick do many goals they always pick up there 3 goals or so

Dawes & Cloke haven't shown so far that they can really tear a game apart with any consistency. Jack does it on his ear and he is a great kick for goal unlike cloke. No doubt the Pies boys can win it if Jack keeps knocking himself out and misses too many games though :eek: Funny thing was I saw jack was into $2.50 after his Round 1 performance. Then he doesn't play and suddenly gets out to $4.50! Its not like the injury was going to keep him out, very strange.

Dawes & Cloke haven't shown so far that they can really tear a game apart with any consistency. Jack does it on his ear and he is a great kick for goal unlike cloke. No doubt the Pies boys can win it if Jack keeps knocking himself out and misses too many games though :eek: Funny thing was I saw jack was into $2.50 after his Round 1 performance. Then he doesn't play and suddenly gets out to $4.50! Its not like the injury was going to keep him out, very strange.
The coleman market does seem to fluctuate a lot more than you'd expect...

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Futures

Remove this Banner Ad

Back