AFL Futures

Remove this Banner Ad

I would think that Reiwoldt would be the better long term gamble out of the two. Franklin has a habit of getting suspended, plus there is also the chance he could play up the ground at any time, Jack is unlikely to play anywhere but close to goal.

Had a quick look at the Brownlow Team Votes for first time this year, Sandilands for Freo at 4.50? That screams big value to me. Has played very well from what I have seen, and Pavlich hasn't done enough to be favourite in that market I wouldn't have thought.

I just took A. Swallow for Most Tackles - AFL Futures at Centrebet @ 31.00.

Won last year by some margin with 183 tackles from 22 games.

The next highest last year were: Lenny Hayes 177 from 25 games, Dom Cassisi 176 from 22 games, Luke Ball 155 from 24 games, Kieren Jack 147 from 24 games, Scott Pendlebury 144 from 26 games.

Hayes, Cassisi, and Jack are all LTI and will miss too many games this year.

While Swallow is currently on 39 tackles for the year and some way off the leaders at this stage, if you compare his numbers to last year versus the same opponents he is actually matching his tally from last year.

He has already played Port, West Coast, Freo, and Geelong, who were his bottom four tackling teams last season failing to get above 5 tackles in each of these games last year.

He is yet to play the Saints, Essendon, Sydney, Hawthorn, and the Bulldogs who were his top 5 tackling teams last season hitting double figures against each of these teams.

The biggest threats I see are, Jude Bolton 64, Matt Thomas 57, James Kelly 52, Luke Ball 49, Matt Priddis 43, all of whom can tackle with the best of them, but I don't think they are too far in front to be caught all things considered. Swallow was averaging 8.3 tackles a games last season which is at least 2 tackles a games more than these listed players from last year.

It is by no means a sure thing, but I think well over the odds, and will probably come in considerably in the next few hours following my bet.

The next highest last year were: Lenny Hayes 177 from 25 games, Dom Cassisi 176 from 22 games, Luke Ball 155 from 24 games, Kieren Jack 147 from 24 games, Scott Pendlebury 144 from 26 games.

While Swallow is currently on 39 tackles for the year and some way off the leaders at this stage, if you compare his numbers to last year versus the same opponents he is actually matching his tally from last year.

He has already played Port, West Coast, Freo, and Geelong, who were his bottom four tackling teams last season failing to get above 5 tackles in each of these games last year.

He is yet to play the Saints, Essendon, Sydney, Hawthorn, and the Bulldogs who were his top 5 tackling teams last season hitting double figures against each of these teams.

The biggest threats I see are, Jude Bolton 64, Matt Thomas 57, James Kelly 52, Luke Ball 49, Matt Priddis 43, all of whom can tackle with the best of them, but I don't think they are too far in front to be caught all things considered. Swallow was averaging 8.3 tackles a games last season which is at least 2 tackles a games more than these listed players from last year.

It is by no means a sure thing, but I think well over the odds, and will probably come in considerably in the next few hours following my bet.

Swallow was @$2.75 preseason with Centrebet and wasn't a sure bet then, so getting him @$31.00 sounds OK. Good luck with it:thumbsu:

My Brisbane count for 2011:

Black 2 (2) + 0.25 + 1 (1) = 3.25 (3)
Power 1.25 (1)
Rockliff 0.25
Redden 1.5 (2)
Adcock 0.5 + 0.25 = 0.75 (0)
Merrett 0.25
Rich 0.75 (1)
Mc Grath 0.5

A little bit worried some of you guys have some pretty different opinions!

That was brilliant.

citizen_kane_clapping_gif_RE_If_The_Internet_Suddenly_Disappeared_How_Wed_Get_Laid-s480x360-132744.gif

On the topic of centrebet's league stats leader markets;

Heath Shaw most marks @ 41.00:
only four down on those who have also played 7 games, and 10 on those who've played the extra. Chaplin, Gibbs, N. Riewoldt and Fisher are probably the main dangers, but Heater'd be fifth in line and at about a quarter of the 41s.

Scott Thompson (Adelaide) most handballs @ 41.00:
behind Priddis (-27 and should win), Cross (-8), Watson (-4 played an extra game and is out for a few), Deledio (-3 played an extra game, no threat IMO) and Swallow (-2). Black (+3) and Rawlings (+7) are the only other dangers. He had 23 on the weekend and Adelaide are handballing more and more, I'd have him behind only Priddis and Cross, again at about 15s.

Chapman also slight overs @ 15 for Geelong votes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of value in Gia for most WB goals at $11 I reckon. If he can get 30-40 goals I reckon it will be enough and he has done it in the past.

Currently joint leader on 11 with Grant and Sherman and one in front of Hall. Grant was dropped last week and is only young and inconsistent, would think Gia would score more goals than the inconsistent Sherman.

Hall is the favourite at $1.30 which I reckon is way too short. Hall has been in horrible form this year (5 against GC and 3 against Lions), been consistently injured (subbed off yesterday and looks like he is going to miss next week) and could very well retire soon with his past and with the current form and situation of the Dogs.

What are peoples thoughts?

A bit of value in Gia for most WB goals at $11 I reckon. If he can get 30-40 goals I reckon it will be enough and he has done it in the past.

Currently joint leader on 11 with Grant and Sherman and one in front of Hall. Grant was dropped last week and is only young and inconsistent, would think Gia would score more goals than the inconsistent Sherman.

Hall is the favourite at $1.30 which I reckon is way too short. Hall has been in horrible form this year (5 against GC and 3 against Lions), been consistently injured (subbed off yesterday and looks like he is going to miss next week) and could very well retire soon with his past and with the current form and situation of the Dogs.

What are peoples thoughts?

If there was a clear 2nd then it would be a great bet. I also have Sherman at $11 and he hasn't kicked a goal for a week or two? I don't think Hall will get back to full fitness.

yeh I agree but I think Gia is definitely value (I think he should kick more than Sherman). I just put a free bet I had on it, may put more on if Gia kicks clear a bit in the next few weeks

based on? I'm not saying its guaranteed to happen but its a pretty good chance. He is averaging 1.6 goals a game and with Hall fitness and form problems he will spend more time in the forward 50 as the dogs really don't have any other experienced forwards. They may not do well this season but someone has to kick some goals...

Have to run for lunch but:

Most Season Points - Most DT Points 2011
BOYD, M (WBD) 3.00
PENDLEBURY, S (COLL) 3.50
SWAN, D (COLL) 3.50
WATSON, J (ESS) 8.00
COX, D (WCE) 10.00
MURPHY, M (CAR) 10.00
MUNDY, D (FRE) 26.00
THOMPSON, S (ADEL) 26.00

Murphy is fantastic value. He's 34 points off first (which is nothing) and should be 3rd favourite for mine. Watson has missed a game and might miss another, shouldn't be in the top 10. Swan is on the decline and seems injured. Cox always starts well then fades (DT wise).

Murph, Pendles and Boyd are the best chances and Murph is great value! Thompson would be a sneaky chance too but his injured game (61) hurts him.

I have $20 on him at 51 and put a little more on at 10 ;) Not much though.

And thompson is High 900's, put a little on him at 26 as well.

Sure. Murphy into $8 now btw.

Pendlebury - 1054 - $3.50
Boyd - 1051 - $3
Swan - 1044 - $3.50
Cox - 1022 - $10
Murphy - 1020 - $8
Thompson - 992 - $26

Mundy - 981 - $26
Judd - 956 - $41
Shiels - 950 - Not Listed
Thomas - 941 - Not Listed
Buddy - 940 - $31

Don't need to go any further. Disregarded Martin at 945 as he's played an extra game.

Rischitelli is the only other of any interest at 832 (but 1 less game then the above 11)

Might put a tiny bit more on Thompson.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Futures

Remove this Banner Ad

Back