AFL Futures

Remove this Banner Ad

Swan would still be 3rd in Collingwood's votes behind Thomas and Pendlebury ATM.

Pendlebury only finished 3 votes behind Swan last season and it was arguably Swan's best season last season. Pendlebury has had a better season this season than 2010 and I would definitely put money over him than swan.

Keep backing Swannie though:thumbsu:

Cooney is the same chance as Swan this year. None.

Players giving the ump a serve doesn't come into it. Murphy was the best player on the ground, and will definitely get at least one vote.

Goddard and Chapman play a style of football that doesn't poll well, so abusing the umpire wouldn't make any difference. They get a lot of easy possessions in space. Swan also does this, and that's why he didn't win the brownlow last year. Ablett, Cooney and Judd win their own ball in contested situations, and break away from the packs with pace. Something M. Murphy also does. It stands out more than anything else to the umpires.

then why criticise my Cooney post :confused:

the best 3 yesterday were all Dogs imo

it is not like i don't think Murphy can poll, he is leading my count you moron.

Why are you bringing up Swan? i know he doesn't poll.

it doesn't look like you keep your own count, so there is no point trying to discuss anything with you.
Stick to your 5 dollar bets on the weekly matches

Goddard & Chapman abuse umps non stop this plays apart in their lack of vote, trust me

I never said Cooney won't poll in the Carlton game. He's well in the mix with Boyd, Ward and Judd for the other votes. I was saying that Swan has less of a chance of winning than Cooney, as others had been mentioning Swan.

Murphy was the most eye catching player on the ground, and he was consistent over the 4 quarters so I was explaining why I think he'll get the 2/3. Just because I don't keep a count does not mean that i cannot comment on individual matches.

My last name happens to be Buckley, and my username has nothing to do with betting. Why must you be a total shithead in every one of your posts? It's not funny. It's not cute. You just make yourself look like a know it all w***er.

I'm astounded you put Goddard and Chapman in the same seagull category...

I'm not saying that they don't win their own ball. Of course they do. They are both gun players. But Goddard does get a lot of kicks off half back, without going on the eye catching run that the umpires love. Chapman works hard to get in space, but the umps don't really care for this. They love run and carry out of a pack, or a clear possession that sets things up beautifully ala a Selwood handball after winning the hard ball.

Cooney is the same chance as Swan this year. None.

Players giving the ump a serve doesn't come into it. Murphy was the best player on the ground, and will definitely get at least one vote.

Have you ever umpired ? If someone gives you a serve it gets locked away, sometimes for a long time. I didn't like hearing Murphy gave Razor a serve.

as Brownlow night proved last year, it doesn't follow the script most are stating.

Depends which script you were folowing, the tab mugs backing Swan or the people who knew better backing Judd to the hilt, here was shitloads of money to be made last year.

You are truely naive if you beleive that, interested on your theory of why Carey polled not even half the votes he deserved then.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with the private forum data I still give .5's where applicable.

I like the look of my count, currently, and think it works better that way when there are a bunch of players who could poll.

Yeah I'm completely torn at the moment. Im so far in that I may as well keep going with the halves but will also back that up with a 3-2-1. I managed to get the first 4 rounds done last night so I should be able to knock it out in the next week or so and get back on track. 3/4 of my money will be on the 3-2-1 but I do understand why you do it that way I just don't think it works for me.

Anyone else like Priddis or Cox to place at the brownlow? Good odds and the votes have to go somewhere and eagles have had no consistent standout matchwinner.

Priddis was my little smokey that i will be having a big go on top 5 if he doesnt drop off. He has been consistent all year with only a couple games where he hasn't beeen one of the best. Umpires love him and now that the Eagles are winning more matches he should poll very well. He is also a player who has polled in losing games in the past so the umpires dont miss him. Each of Embley, Cox, Lecras and Kennedy have a match or 2 where they should be BOG but Priddis should poll in most matches and if he can snare a couple BOG's then he is a big show to take it out

I think you would be happy if you got him at 200-1 ew at the start of the season but right now at around $20 its no value at all. I dont have an exact count right now (as discussed earlier) but id be surprised if he is within 10 of the leaders and I doubt he has as many as Cox ...but Ill get back to you towards the end of the week.

I think you would be happy if you got him at 200-1 ew at the start of the season but right now at around $20 its no value at all. I dont have an exact count right now (as discussed earlier) but id be surprised if he is within 10 of the leaders and I doubt he has as many as Cox ...but Ill get back to you towards the end of the week.
Is there any chance, any chance at all, that Shuey could win WC?

I got him at 40-1 at the start of the year with a free bet figuring he might be good for a couple of best ons in wins and that they'd be shit enough that 6-8 votes might get it :eek:

No chance for Shuey in my opinion, Priddis should have it in the bag with Embley being his main danger. Priddis' last 3 games have really drawn him away from the pack at WC i think

$20? Shop around a little mate and you can get double that. Out of interest what do you have your leader on?

$20? Shop around a little mate and you can get double that. Out of interest what do you have your leader on?

As stated earlier im rejigging my system so I cant answer that right now. I only said $20 as I was on sbet at the time. :thumbsu:

Lenny, I dont think Shuey has any chance. Cox is dominating games, Priddis getting bulk touches & Embley already has a few BOG's which would have him ahead of Shuey as well. Would need an almighty finish to even get close.

The premise of the bet was correct, if they were shit he would have been some chance but with a lot of votes this year the winner may need 15 and Shuey just wont get there.

Probably wrong thread but I had $ 20 dollars on Player ( WA ) TAB for the Eagles to make the eight prior to the season - $ 20 @ 5 .

Now Player have the Eagles @ 1.01 and the silly Player WA wont pay out early . Not very charitable , I think they lost paying early for Richmond ( Wooden Spoon ) last year , but a win this week might get me money early next week . ;););)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Futures

Remove this Banner Ad

Back