AFL "integrity rule" re Freo and North resting players

Remove this Banner Ad

Suck it up.

Same rule applies for 'Carltank, Essendope, Wobbles, Ninth-mond' etc etc.

They de-rail threads and cause shit fights. Save it for your own team boards, and the Bay.

What ?

Ninthmond can cause a infraction or thread ban ? All main board mods know this ? If so its never enforced. Give me 20 minutes and i could link you 15 bloody pages when thats been used and nothing has been done.

Not having a go, just saying.

What ?

Ninthmond can cause a infraction or thread ban ? All main board mods know this ? If so its never enforced. Give me 20 minutes and i could link you 15 bloody pages when thats been used and nothing has been done.

Not having a go, just saying.

Exactly right I've only ever seen it applied to Norf

good to see Mckenzie gonna play this week , he's been playin well in the 2s . Why doesent he get a lot of game time in the seniors ?

Soft as butter for the most part, but has changed to a more inside role this year and has toughened up. Is very much in the Dal Santo role and I think if he plays at the same level from the VFL, his output will match or probably exceed what we have received from Dal over the past couple of weeks. In fact I think half the players coming in will be upgrades on the team from last week.

Apart from the fact that we've beat you the last however many times we've played you.

We've also won three out of our last four at the G.

And our last against you at the G.

Pray tell, what evidence is there that the G benefits you against us anyway?

Apart from the typical Richmond fantasy belief in magic fairies and the like.

Isn't that the point I just made?

And just for the record, Essendon and Brisbane played in the GF 14 years ago. I'm pretty sure about that.

Simply put, how can there be any question about this where ladder position is at stake, impacting not only draft picks, but finals draws? Completely undermines a season of results that have got all of the teams to their current position.

Everybody is being cheated out of a finals campaign where teams are matched purely on merit of a season's endeavours.

For the AFL to encourage or condone this is ridiculous.

Soft as butter for the most part, but has changed to a more inside role this year and has toughened up. Is very much in the Dal Santo role and I think if he plays at the same level from the VFL, his output will match or probably exceed what we have received from Dal over the past couple of weeks. In fact I think half the players coming in will be upgrades on the team from last week.

Fair enough :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it's not, we're putting ourselves in the best position to win a flag, as are Freo. You can't win a flag from 17th or 18th.

Would you rather us make up a bunch of BS injuries?

The issue people have - and the difference between North's situation and Freo's - is that North effectively forfeiting a game (or at least not naming a side that's likely to win) will have a negative effect on a team that's performed better and finished higher. I agree that you must be able to rest players before finals and it would be hard for the AFL to officiate how many can be reasonably rested, etc. but it's very unfair on Adelaide.

manipulating a club’s position on the ladder for the purpose of improving its draw within the Finals Series.

I'll take a bite, how are we improving our draw directly with likely scenarios in other matches?

Try and reply without using the word 'if'.

I'll take a bite, how are we improving our draw directly with likely scenarios in other matches?

You're guaranteeing a home final

Uhh...because a loss absolutely guarantees you no chance of having to travel to Adelaide.

It's not the main reason why you're doing it and it's only one of the reasons why it's so wrong, but it's the only one required to prove that you're contradicting the rule.

Is this so hard to understand or are North fans just being deliberately obnoxious and one-eyed?

Seriously as Chiwigi said we are using players who are on an AFL list. They have been drafted and it is why teams have a list.

Yup, and that is why Melbourne rotated players when they were tanking. Doesn't mean it's legal or not breaking any rules, now does it? Maybe a bit more critical thinking and comprehension required from some North fans.

Well the problem for North is that if they rest players it is more than likely that Richmond will win big. If Sydney then lose to Gold Coast (which is possible) then Richmond will go 4th, Sydney 5th, and Norths will play Sydney in the first week of finals in Sydney. To expect that North can rest players and still beat Richmond is not sensible when you look at how the season unfolded for both teams.
I'd love to see a Brad Scott meltdown when Sydney also rest 8-10 players, lose to GCS and end up in 5th place with a home final against North.
Delicious irony

I can't believe the Norf fans in here throwing shit around and getting all defensive.

Get some sense about you, and answer this question. Do you think what your club is doing is legal or against this rule?

" To Perform on one’s Merits: means at all times to perform honestly and to the best of one’s ability in the pursuit only of legitimate competitive objectives. For the avoidance of doubt “legitimate competitive objective” includes the development of the team or players or management of player fatigue or injuries but does not include improving a club’s draft position, improving a club’s position with respect to a potential player exchange or manipulating a club’s position on the ladder for the purpose of improving its draw within the Finals Series. "

You can only argue that it is fair on the competition, Richmond and Adelaide if you think your actions don't contradict this rule by guaranteeing you a loss and setting you up for a favourable draw in the finals. Fremantle is nothing close to a direct comparison as their position on the ladder cannot change.

Giving some players a chance to prove themselves before finals as well as giving players with niggles a week off is against the rule??

What a shame I did not jump on the $1.70 for the Tigers at the start of the week!!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL "integrity rule" re Freo and North resting players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back