AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

:rolleyes: Grow up.

AFL Live was a great foundation to build upon. Sure, it had it's flaws, but it was a solid release. After seeing the marked improvement of quality from RLL1 to RLL2, all signs were pointing to an excellent successor. It's just disappointing to see that this won't come to fruition (with the current game engine).

At this stage (only a few months before release), we don't even know 100% who is developing the game, with the frontrunner being Wicked Witch who have never developed for current gen before. People have every right to be disenchanted with the current situation.

I'd consider the iPad current generation and that was wicked witch and I found that more fun then the xbox version

We're referring to a game that is coming out on current gen consoles. Not the mobile platform.

So they should have alot more to work with then and produce an even better game then the iPad. I know they may not even be doing it, but it's just pretty pathetic to see an entire thread essentially give up on a game because big ant aren't doing it when that outing wasn't amazing either, sheesh. it's not going to be worse then the original, the graphics will be better, the career mode will be better, and the gameplay will be better because they ain't going to release gameplay worse are they? That would make no sense. Common sense people.

but it's just pretty pathetic to see an entire thread essentially give up on a game because big ant aren't doing it when that outing wasn't amazing either, sheesh.
It wasn't amazing, but it was solid. A good foundation to build upon, much like RLL1. A sophomore Big Ant release was/is guaranteed to be a great improvement. I have invested hundreds of hours into this game, and the disc has remained in my Xbox for 80% of the time over the last two years. This is a solid AFL game.

All of that (for the time being) has been thrown out the window. Hence disenchantment and disappointment. Coupled with Tru Blu's lack of transparency with information on the game and it's developer.

the graphics will be better,
Not guaranteed.

the career mode will be better,
Than the original AFL Live, yes that's likely, but like I said from RLL1 to RLL2, Big Ant had rectified career mode and a better version was going to happen regardless.

and the gameplay will be better because they ain't going to release gameplay worse are they?
It will be either an entirely new game engine built from scratch, or ported from AFL Wii (assuming that WW are developing). There is every chance that the gameplay could go backwards.

Don't get me wrong, I look forward to screens, gameplay videos and all announcements in regards to AFL Live 2 (especially the goddamn developer's identity), and there's no doubt I will purchase it on release. But am I excited? No. This whole situation just feels like change for no real good reason (obviously besides Tru Blu and Big Ant unable to agree on terms).

I'd love if the new game included former legends for each side..

So like Adelaide a team of Goodwin, Edwards, Mcleod etc..

I just made my own last time around. Had no interest in the other teams since it took so long to get just one team right, but ended up with a pretty handy All Time Crows line up. Nothing like Big Rehnny tapping it down to Roo, McLeod and Bickley who drill it forward to Jarman, Modra and Robran.

So they should have alot more to work with then and produce an even better game then the iPad. I know they may not even be doing it, but it's just pretty pathetic to see an entire thread essentially give up on a game because big ant aren't doing it when that outing wasn't amazing either, sheesh. it's not going to be worse then the original, the graphics will be better, the career mode will be better, and the gameplay will be better because they ain't going to release gameplay worse are they? That would make no sense. Common sense people.
So what you're saying, is that there's never been a sequel that has been worse than it's predecessor? Talk about common sense. Jeez.

A real shame that BigAnt won't be involved but I'm still hopeful of it being a solid game.

Ross, how long have you known that BigAnt wouldn't be the developers for AFL Live 2? Cheers.

So what you're saying, is that there's never been a sequel that has been worse than it's predecessor? Talk about common sense. Jeez.

When it comes to sports games mate name one sports game where the next predecessor in the series had lesser graphics, worse gameplay and a worse career mode. Common sense indeed.

When it comes to sports games mate name one sports game where the next predecessor in the series had lesser graphics, worse gameplay and a worse career mode. Common sense indeed.
Easy, PES and/or NBA Live.

Would have previous AFL games in there too. AFL 98/99>any AFL game after that until AFL Live (PS3/PC/360). Hell, even from the same dev AFL 2005 went backwards from 2004.

However the majority of sports franchises have only the one development team creating the games and building/improving on what they have made before . When you have another group of people just come in and take over using none of the original source material (as has been suggested), there is a good chance that it can go backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy, PES and/or NBA Live.

Would have previous AFL games in there too. AFL 98/99>any AFL game after that until AFL Live (PS3/PC/360). Hell, even from the same dev AFL 2005 went backwards from 2004.

Could chuck a couple of the WWE games in that too.

Could chuck a couple of the WWE games in that too.
Definitely. Probably the closest parallel here in terms of dev swapping is WCW Revenge being followed by WCW Mayhem. Try and make the argument that Mayhem was better than Revenge in any way.

Or in terms of devs working on a new platform for the first time, WWF No Mercy on N64 followed by WWF Wrestlemania X8 on Gamecube.

Has it been confirmed that Wicked Witch will be the developers?

No, and my bet is that WW have nothing to do with AFL Live 2.

I have read that it could be them to develop the game. I personally hope EA develop the game, but unfortunately that's a pipedream. If we cant get EA I would want BigAnt to develop the game again.

I have read that it could be them to develop the game. I personally hope EA develop the game, but unfortunately that's a pipedream. If we cant get EA I would want BigAnt to develop the game again.
I am pretty sure that Tru Blu have collected a group of developers and are publishing and developing the game there selves

I just want some kind of inside midfield battle and the ability to pull off some side stepping genius on the run. Taunting players will be a nice add in. Slow zoomed in replays like on TV. An in depth stat system and a life like drafting and trading system. That's all I ask.

I am pretty sure that Tru Blu have collected a group of developers and are publishing and developing the game there selves

What makes you say this?

What makes you say this?
Everyone links back to WW because Tru Blu publish there games. They have never made a 360 or PS3 game before. In the classifications Tru Blu was said to be the publisher and developer and in the announcement there was no developer announced. Also in the IGN article it said that Tru Blu were developing the game. I am certain that WW haven't got anything to do with it.

I just want some kind of inside midfield battle and the ability to pull off some side stepping genius on the run. Taunting players will be a nice add in. Slow zoomed in replays like on TV. An in depth stat system and a life like drafting and trading system. That's all I ask.

Add selling the dummy and a coach/player relationship like in FIFA.

Everyone links back to WW because Tru Blu publish there games. They have never made a 360 or PS3 game before. In the classifications Tru Blu was said to be the publisher and developer and in the announcement there was no developer announced. Also in the IGN article it said that Tru Blu were developing the game. I am certain that WW haven't got anything to do with it.

Thoughts on Ross telling us that a specific company isnt developing the game, but not saying whether or not it is WW?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back