AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 10 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a stupid question because I'm sure that they've taken care of it.

But one of my gripes in AFL 2007 was when the ball went out of bounds on the full and you got the free kick. If you held it too long, the umpire would call you as being out of bounds so they'd throw it in. Will this be fixed in the new game?

(I know they've used a completely different system, just curious if it's been implemented).

Well it makes sense in a way if you take a mark in the middle of the mcg and the umps call play on you have to dispose of the ball.

And if you get a free kick because your opponent kicks it out on the full and the umpire calls play on and you are still behind the line then it is obviously a throw in.

Because the ball became live once the umpire calls play on and because the ball is over the line it becomes a throw in.

But I get what you are saying it is more frustrating and annoying than anything.

Hopefuly all the side steps spins and other moves used to evade opposition players can be used with the right analog stick same stlye as madden and FIFA

Ross, just wondering how the create a player will work, like will it be like nba 2k11 when you use the sticks to shape the face of will it be more like wwe games when you type in values like 12,56,86 etc. to shape the face. if so will there be formulas to make cousins and other retired players?

cheers

hi ross just a few questions in regards to the game ( unsure if they have been asked or answered yet)

1. have you guys set a target amount of sales or profit for this game to be personally amongst yourselves as successful?

2. with this being your first game in the AFL series you intend on making , if this one works to plan do you plan to try and release the next one in the series yearly?

cheers mate

this thread(part10) has over 30,000 views. BigAnt release the game already my life is in limbo until it comes out :D

Anyone have a link for the first thread? Don't even think it had a proper name like this, might have been 'new afl video game' or something, would be interesting to read.

I just saying instead of going a page complaining about it, go one post and clarify it again.
Or you could read the title of this thread, and follow suit, like every other poster is expected to do.

READ THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING.

Closed for cleaning....think I gave out minor infractions the last round.

Upgrade time. :cool:

Edit : As per last time, lets try to stay on topic. If you come upon frequently asked questions, just use the report button, much easier then infractions and saves me purging 50 odd posts of crap.

Would also like you all to please read the FAQ first before asking your question.

Thanks guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

checked the FAQ and couldnt see what i was looking for. i asked this question a while back and im pretty sure i got no response.

^ will there be player traits in the game, similar to fifa. eg, Injury prone, playmaker, speccie mark, line breaker, ball magnet etc.

Ross, is there an option to choose between having season mode with 17 teams or 18 teams?

Or can you not play a season with 18 teams?

checked the FAQ and couldnt see what i was looking for. i asked this question a while back and im pretty sure i got no response.

^ will there be player traits in the game, similar to fifa. eg, Injury prone, playmaker, speccie mark, line breaker, ball magnet etc.

Yeah, has been asked before but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been answered, and it's probably one of those things that Ross can't give an answer for.

I hope there is hidden trophies or secret achievements in the game it will make it alot more interesting when trying to figure out what they are.

I hope there is hidden trophies or secret achievements in the game it will make it alot more interesting when trying to figure out what they are.
I know this will sound bad, since everyone has noted flowing and quick gameplay as a grab for the games... But I seriously hope it has a good, tough list of achievements, that always hooks me on a game :)

I hope it has one of the easiest platinums in the history of the PS3, think about how many people played Hannah Montana just because it had a shit easy platinum

Could compare that to the amount of people who played Cars on the 360, just so they could get the easy 1000 GS.

I hope it has one of the easiest platinums in the history of the PS3, think about how many people played Hannah Montana just because it had a shit easy platinum

For the 3 trophies/achievements we know,

-The Storming Home one - Maniplulate an easy difficulty game and you should get it first or secnond try.

-Standing Tall- Depends on how it was coded. Like I noted in the trophy thread, the "smallest player in your team" differs from the smallest player on your list but winning a ruck contest with the smallest player might take a game or 2.

-Beat Bigant (perhaps this trophy will be called DeadAnt) :)
As the bigant team know the game already this will be one tough trophy to get. Ross has said it's viral but considering it's almost an Oz only type of game not a lot of people are going to have this. Add the fact that NO employee will want to be the first one to lose and let the trophy out there.

Speculation on others but typical "win your first game" "win the flag" etc are likely to be in it.
I can't wait. We will need a specific trophy thread (could revive old one)

Been watching this thread for ages now (first post) and is one of my regular check ins everyday! So excited about this being released, every scrap of information is like a little step closer to getting the game... so soppy lol!! Thanks to Ross for all his info and even though I am an aussie in the UK I am so importing this game to play.

Anyway my PS3 name is pheonix_83
Xbox name is aussiephoenix83

add me so I can play some aussies especially in AFL when it comes out. Prob get PS3 version. Looking forward to more info soon!!

Ross, is there an option to choose between having season mode with 17 teams or 18 teams?

Or can you not play a season with 18 teams?

I definitely recall Ross saying you can bring your created team online...but I couldn't say if he said you can bring the team into season mode, at this stage I would say probably not just because the fixture is build around 17 teams and apparently it will change with every new season.

BTW Ross, can you state what happens in Season mode when our chosen team has a bye? Extra training or something available then? Thanks

Quite on here today

I can never recall being so pumped about a game coming out? Last game I was this excited about was Shane warne cricket on the sega mega drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back