AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 10 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the wii game gonna look the same as the xbox360 & ps3 one or is it gonna look heaps crapper? because wickedwitch is making the wii one and im worried in terms of the psp outcome they did not long ago, they said they had registered players or something like that and they only had 22 players for each team not even interchange, and dont get me started on the graphics!!!
what about graphics wise? your 2 different makers so you can say whether its bad or not ;)
Graphics whore? Who cares if it looks worse, if the gameplay is awesome then that's all anyone is supposed to care about...and half the shit in your first post is terribly inaccurate.
I'd rather BigAnt who are passionate about this game make it then EA who don't even know Australian Rules..but thats just me?
YES, that is indeed just you. No disrespect AT ALL to BigAnt, but EA Sports are the greatest sports developer in the world.

It was already evident 11 YEARS ago that EA knew what they were doing with regards to an AFL game and had they given it as much time to work in the game would be pushing it with any other sports title as the best going around right now. The fact that AFL 98/99 are still just about better gameplay wise than any other AFL game proves just how good EA were and are at making sports titles.

When EA make a game they make sure they're passionate about the sport in context.

When EA make a game they make sure they're passionate about the sport in context.

Passion always overrules money...and if they were so passionate they would have kept making AFL games..but it didn't bring in the dollar bills so they stopped. So much for passion.

Passion always overrules money...and if they were so passionate they would have kept making AFL games..but it didn't bring in the dollar bills so they stopped. So much for passion.
Only so much passion can last when you're losing millions of dollars and potentially sending your company down the toilet.

You know if this game sells like shit BigAnt won't be making another AFL title? So much for passion?

Only so much passion can last when you're losing millions of dollars and potentially sending your company down the toilet.

You know if this game sells like shit BigAnt won't be making another AFL title? So much for passion?

Well I do agree with you in a way..only time will tell.

Im curious to know roughly how many copies BigAnt thinks they need to sell to make it a worthwhile effort and more importantly, to get any future versions guaranteed....
and what sort of pre-sales figures they have already and if they are on track for or exceeding their expectations!!

Im curious to know roughly how many copies BigAnt thinks they need to sell to make it a worthwhile effort and more importantly, to get any future versions guaranteed....
and what sort of pre-sales figures they have already and if they are on track for or exceeding their expectations!!

Ross has stated that a loss is expected and being braced for, due to the excessive man hours as a result of the game taking so long to create. The profits will come in the sequels as they will cost much less to develop.

With that mind set, it would take an extremely low number of sales to deny a sequel, as cutting a sequel means cutting almost guaranteed profits (as long as sales aren't atrocious).

Ross has stated that a loss is expected and being braced for, due to the excessive man hours as a result of the game taking so long to create. The profits will come in the sequels as they will cost much less to develop.

With that mind set, it would take an extremely low number of sales to deny a sequel, as cutting a sequel means cutting almost guaranteed profits (as long as sales aren't atrocious).

Yeah that all makes perfect sense.... Let's hope that HES/true blu have similar philosophy... Can't see this game failing to meet expectations.... For us gamers and the developer/publisher

Are you serious?

Yeah, we saw that "passion" when they made that broken mess that was NBA Elite 11. Madden's also far from the standard set by NFL2K5, the developers are still ignoring gameplay problems that have plagued the series for years and instead choose to add gimmicks that no one asked for. Some passion. EA are money hungry whores who'd rather buy exclusive rights to a sport then allow competition which would force them to make significant improvements.

SCEA are the benchmark, not EA. The passion and dedication to MLB The Show has resulted in the most accurate representation of a major sport to date.

Anyway back on topic. I'll be purchasing this game and probably the Wii version as well. I'm trying to convince my friends to get copies also so we can play each other online. Here's hoping this game sells enough copies so fans of the sport can look forward to future titles and Bigant can turnover a profit for their hard work. :)

Graphics whore? Who cares if it looks worse, if the gameplay is awesome then that's all anyone is supposed to care about...and half the shit in your first post is terribly inaccurate.YES, that is indeed just you. No disrespect AT ALL to BigAnt, but EA Sports are the greatest sports developer in the world.

It was already evident 11 YEARS ago that EA knew what they were doing with regards to an AFL game and had they given it as much time to work in the game would be pushing it with any other sports title as the best going around right now. The fact that AFL 98/99 are still just about better gameplay wise than any other AFL game proves just how good EA were and are at making sports titles.

Is it just him? Also, is EA the best sports developer in a gaming sense or a business sense? They receive no competition on possibly the second biggest sporting market in Madden based on the fact they have an exclusive license. Also, when EA first started out were there games as good as they are now?. I recall people saying that the earlier Fifa games were, in terms of gameplay not as good as PES but sold a lot because of the licenses that they had for the respective leagues. It is important that new developers are given a chance, and judging by the information we've been giving, AFL is shaping up to be a relatively good first try at a sport which I imagine would be relatively difficult to simulate in video game form. I guess it's a moot point, anyway.

No disrespect AT ALL to BigAnt, but EA Sports are the greatest sports developer in the world.

Not entirely sure about that. I mean, FIFA games are amazing, but think about NBA Elite 11. Talk about your all-time rush jobs. NBA 2k11 came out and put EA into damage control and they rushed out an absolutely woeful game. They might be passionate about basketball, but daaamn, that game sucked arse.

I think 2k have been making quality sports games for many years, they just haven't been recognised as much, until now.

I don't think EA are quite as passionate as people think.

when you say you can pick your guernsey before each game will it be similar to fifa and nba where u can pick away guernseys for home games

hi ross just a few questions in regards to the game ( unsure if they have been asked or answered yet)

1. have you guys set a target amount of sales or profit for this game to be personally amongst yourselves as successful?

2. with this being your first game in the AFL series you intend on making , if this one works to plan do you plan to try and release the next one in the series yearly?

cheers mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think EA sports win purely because of the whole "EA Sports...It's in the game"
What do Bigant have

'Big, Ant, Studios..It's not about the money or how big your company is, it's about the passion and effort you put into it and the belief that you can defy the odds and make a great AFL Video Game'.

Are you serious?

Yeah, we saw that "passion" when they made that broken mess that was NBA Elite 11. Madden's also far from the standard set by NFL2K5, the developers are still ignoring gameplay problems that have plagued the series for years and instead choose to add gimmicks that no one asked for. Some passion. EA are money hungry whores who'd rather buy exclusive rights to a sport then allow competition which would force them to make significant improvements.

SCEA are the benchmark, not EA. The passion and dedication to MLB The Show has resulted in the most accurate representation of a major sport to date.
So...EA are so money hungry that they'll not bring out a guaranteed sales maker in NBA Elite? Makes...sense?

I know people like to let grudges get into the way of their thinking, but if your games are good enough there is no reason to not release without a license. It may hinder your selling point, but remember, these companies aren't all about sales, they're about the passion side of things.:rolleyes: You see how this is all coming around to one point?

Maybe something that you should blame in the whole NFL exclusive rights matter is the NFL, not EA, since why should it be past a company to get the exclusive rights to a license when that will help push their game over others? It is still a business and it was a fantastic business move.:confused: I don't get how this really works into the passion of the developers tbh.

And yes SCEA have a fantastic record with their 1 big sports title. But EA not only have numerous titles that are all rated just as high or higher than any other sports title out there (bar NBA).
Not entirely sure about that. I mean, FIFA games are amazing, but think about NBA Elite 11. Talk about your all-time rush jobs. NBA 2k11 came out and put EA into damage control and they rushed out an absolutely woeful game. They might be passionate about basketball, but daaamn, that game sucked arse.

I think 2k have been making quality sports games for many years, they just haven't been recognised as much, until now.

I don't think EA are quite as passionate as people think.
Yet you conveniently miss/forget that 2K have also had an NBA Elite like mess with the NHL series so put they put that off...all companies will put a foot wrong at some point, regardless of passion. Yes there are other good development companies in sports titles, but name me one that brings out as consistent high quality releases across such a vast amount of sports and platforms as much as EA Sports do?

Hey Ross just a quick question, are there going to be numerous brands of boots to choose from when you create a player, because in the screenshots they all seem to be the same/generic type. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back