AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 11 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just lost yourself a ton of pre-orders right there Ross :rolleyes:

Thank god that's over with (until the next version of AFL Live at least).

Does anyone really think I am going to have someone research every player and see what the sock height is of each leg? Anyone that's played knows it varies over the game and by left/right footedness and whether your coach gives you a backhander for not having your socks taped up :)

Does anyone really think I am going to have someone research every player and see what the sock height is of each leg? Anyone that's played knows it varies over the game and by left/right footedness and whether your coach gives you a backhander for not having your socks taped up :)
Clearly what needs to be done is that BigAnt will need to invest millions of dollars into developing a technology that works out the sock height of each and every player based on extensive psychological testing.

Either that or maybe next time the players come in for the scanning into the game you just say "socks up/down?".

Strange, They are one of the better pre order stores for this game

I got the figures earlier. (of course i cant give away actual pre order numbers) but you can know they are doing ok for it

Mmm, it is a big shopping centre which would have a bit to do with it I reckon. Only had a quick look and didn't speak to anyone so they may advertise it more than I noticed, but there is definitely nothing that is easy to see.

Unfortunately, I think we both know the answer to that one...

when the opposition kicks a point will you be able to choose who takes the kick out because that really pissed me or in the other games. im planning to play Suban and Duffield on the half back flanks but i will be wanting to take kick ins with them?
can anyone help me out

when the opposition kicks a point will you be able to choose who takes the kick out because that really pissed me or in the other games. im planning to play Suban and Duffield on the half back flanks but i will be wanting to take kick ins with them?
can anyone help me out

Fullback takes it.

Haha, god damn it. Why have people got this bizarre idea that it needs to be some kind of incredible technology to have socks up or down? All it takes is looking at whether they do or don't. Or, if that takes too long, have the option to have them up or down. AFL 2007 had it and that game sucks major arse.

I don't care, but it's so annoying that people think it would require an amazing amount of effort to include an option for it.

Having socks up or down is not the work, it's scouting the entire playing list and seeing which socks, if any, are up or down or both - I am not prepared to put things in the game that are half-baked, if it's in the game it needs to be right or it just doesn't fly. As said prviously -you will not notice the socks up or down from the playing camera.

Really who gives a crap if the socks are up or down as long as the game comes and and it is better that 07 i will be over the moon everyone here is lucky that the ceo of a company has taken the time to interact with the fans a giving us information of the game we all knew it was coming out before retailers did so shut up don't waste anyone time

p.s would you rather a afl game with socks up or no afl game at all
Touche.
Ross, good Job :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having socks up or down is not the work, it's scouting the entire playing list and seeing which socks, if any, are up or down or both - I am not prepared to put things in the game that are half-baked, if it's in the game it needs to be right or it just doesn't fly. As said prviously -you will not notice the socks up or down from the playing camera.

Come on Ross. Your team has photographed, mapped and constructed the face of every single AFL player, recreated every AFL guernsey and every AFL stadium. You've done research on the stats of each AFL player and implemented them accordingly. You even got the players tattoos accurate right down to the millimetre! You're telling me that during the process of gathering player information, facial features, hair styles, tattoos, height, weight, favoured foot, and plenty of other tedious detailed shit that already required a bucketload of scouting... that you didn't bother with something as simple as socks?

Now I'm not going to lie, the sock thing does kinda bother me. But like everyone else, I just want the game to play well and I'll be more than happy with the final product, regardless of whether socks are changable or not. But, it does seem like such a simple thing to overlook. Especially in the AFL, where sock height is a preference that greatly varies from player to player. In a game like soccer, most players have a very similar sock height so it's barely noticable at all. But it is very noticable in the AFL. As said a few pages ago, it's odd seeing guys like Ablett or Judd with their socks up. Actually, my first thought when I saw Ablett in the 5 second gameplay video was of that horrible photoshop of him wearing a GC guernsey before he left Geelong, lol. You know the one. :p

Again, I'm not going to lose sleep over the lack of sock adjustment, so don't flame me for that. I'm just curious as to why it was left out, when so many other areas have received such great attention to detail. Even without all the need to scout each player, an option to at least change the socks ourselves would only require one extra option in the player editor. How hard could that be to implement?

Btw, sorry to fuel the fire. But if I'm going to ask, it might as well be now.

Come on Ross. Your team has photographed, mapped and constructed the face of every single AFL player, recreated every AFL guernsey and every AFL stadium. You've done research on the stats of each AFL player and implemented them accordingly. You even got the players tattoos accurate right down to the millimetre! You're telling me that during the process of gathering player information, facial features, hair styles, tattoos, height, weight, favoured foot, and plenty of other tedious detailed shit that already required a bucketload of scouting... that you didn't bother with something as simple as socks?

Now I'm not going to lie, the sock thing does kinda bother me. But like everyone else, I just want the game to play well and I'll be more than happy with the final product, regardless of whether socks are changable or not. But, it does seem like such a simple thing to overlook. Especially in the AFL, where sock height is a preference that greatly varies from player to player. In a game like soccer, most players have a very similar sock height so it's barely noticable at all. But it is very noticable in the AFL. As said a few pages ago, it's odd seeing guys like Ablett or Judd with their socks up. Actually, my first thought when I saw Ablett in the 5 second gameplay video was of that horrible photoshop of him wearing a GC guernsey before he left Geelong, lol. You know the one. :p

Again, I'm not going to lose sleep over the lack of sock adjustment, so don't flame me for that. I'm just curious as to why it was left out, when so many other areas have received such great attention to detail. Even without all the need to scout each player, an option to at least change the socks ourselves would only require one extra option in the player editor. How hard could that be to implement?

Btw, sorry to fuel the fire. But if I'm going to ask, it might as well be now.

This here is my boy!

He knows what I'm talking about. It doesn't bother us, but it just seems like such a simple thing to overlook.

This here is my boy!

He knows what I'm talking about. It doesn't bother us, but it just seems like such a simple thing to overlook.

They didn't even put in an option to select the player who kicks the ball in, why would they give a stuff about socks? Do they all have there own colour boots on? Do they all have there own mouthguard colours?

I think Ross was fair enough in using his time for things other than finding out which players wear socks up/down. Perhaps the option will be implemented later, but IMO it should come after the game modes, general gameplay, commentary, crowds, and so on are perfected.

Very much agreed, please can we move on!! i am sick of reading through so much crap!! Stop pestering Ross with such silly and overasked questions!! Sorry i am new to posting but have been following this thread since nov'10 and have been waiting for a 'next gen' afl game since i bought my xbox360 in 2006... If you have a problem with the answer then start a thread and moan about iton there, how about ask your question here then stop clogging it!!

Thankyou to Ross!!! you have been amazing for all information you have provided its great that a CEO is actually taking his own time to do this and put up with all the winging and yet still answer questions! Yes ive read the FAQ millions of times and it sounds GREAT as does everything else (preview write up) btw LOVE the 360 spoiling!!

I know it probly wont be in this version but maybe in the future is it too hard to have a 'Fantasy Draft' like in premiership coach 2010 on PC? Unsure if extra licensing is needed?? Not essential but would be fun!

For my mates who have 360/PS3 i will be buying them a copy for b/days ect because i want Ross to make as much as he can so we can see more versions!! Again thankyou so much Ross!! Sorry to be soo long but one last thing is there an option to buy the game straight from BigAnt so the ALL profits go directly to the company?? Same way as when i buy merch from Port Adelaide Footy Club instead of an AFL Store??

I think Ross was fair enough in using his time for things other than finding out which players wear socks up/down. Perhaps the option will be implemented later, but IMO it should come after the game modes, general gameplay, commentary, crowds, and so on are perfected.

Then the same could be said for tattoo's. Am I right?

I think Ross is great for coming on here and giving us information on the game. The game looks fantastic (graphics wise, can't say anything for gameplay yet, but I'm sure it'll be great) but you have to admit it's a bit weird that it's not in it. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back