AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 11 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no rookie listed players in the game?

Was hoping for Brad Miller but couldn't care about the rest

I'd assume Brad Miller would be in because he was already made most likely as a part of Melbournes squad last year?

Ross that top looks good! Glad to see there will be a ton of variety when it comes to selecting guernseys!

Just a question, can we use the All-Stars, Vics and Indigenous All Stars online? Thanks

Viewing the forum it is quite amazing that people are nit-picking over such insignificant details, such as the height of socks.

Lets put this in perspective for a moment and look at the facts -
  • There has never been a quality AFL game released to the market
  • The most important aspect of any video game is GAMEPLAY
With these two things in mind it may be worthwhile to compare the lifecycle of AFL games with that of a series such as FIFA.

Fifa is an established brand who have been making soccer games for well over ten years. Over time they have worked on the graphics and the gameplay to make it the series it has become, which is pretty damn realistic, however also fun to play.

To put forward some sort of analogy, they have perfected 90% of the game, and now they just work on the 1%'ers in each release, making small improvements.

AFL games are in their infancy, and it's great to see a company taking on this series with the vision of creating a lifecycle for this series and not just a "quick fix" release into the marketplace to fill a niche.

It might do us all well if we take a step back and realise that this is the first release of AFL on the next-gen console. The majority of the 'nice-to-haves' probably wont be in there in this initial release, and from my perspective what has been included far outweighs my expectations from the initial release of the AFL series.

Ross has indiciated they have been focusing on the gameplay in this edition to make it as free-flowing and enjoyable to play as possible. These elements of the game are critical in ensuring that people come back to the series in 2012, and I believe that BigAnt have made a solid choice taking this approach.

I am very much looking forward to this release, and whilst it wont be perfect the first time, it is a positive step towards creating a product which can remain entrenched in the gaming market for years to come....

Well done Ross and Well Done Big Ant!

------------
couple of questions for Ross -

• Will there be roster updates released via PS3/Xbox live updates similar to NBA 2k11 etc?
  • When playing seasons mode, does season01 use the fixture for 2011? What fixture does season02 use? or is it a repeat of 2011?
  • Is there Brownlow Medal, Rising Star, Coleman Medal awards given?
  • Are players ever injured in game, e.g rolling ankle, doing shoulders etc?

Wow, Ross I gotta say, you guys have done an amazing job with the varieties of jerseys!
West-Coast-7.gif

Praying this is in :D

Please, Ross. Please! I will give you money if this is in.

And if this baby's in:

westcoastheritage2004.gif

Then God help me, I think I might cry with joy.

Many of us here are going to create players that are no longer in the AFL ie Cousins, Aker etc. Is it possible for BigAnt to release recomended stats to use for these players so they slot in nicely to game and are not unrealisticly good/bad?

I'm sure that, rather than working on future versions and other projects, BigAnt would find that to be the most viable and rewarding use of their time.

@ CensusSainter well said

I hope ross realises that the people who care about sock height and fullback kick outs are just a vocal minority, and in the end the game looks awesome and really thats all that i care about.:D

------------

• Will there be roster updates released via PS3/Xbox live updates similar to NBA 2k11 etc?
  • When playing seasons mode, does season01 use the fixture for 2011? What fixture does season02 use? or is it a repeat of 2011?

Agreed with your post re gameplay as to your questions, most of it will be found within the FAQ.

@ CensusSainter well said

I hope ross realises that the people who care about sock height and fullback kick outs are just a vocal minority, and in the end the game looks awesome and really thats all that i care about.:D

May have cared a little about the person kicking in from full back but Fletcher is our best kick anyway !

Just a quick question about stamina, Will key postion players get tired? I know this game doesnt reflect 07 but key postion players would always get faitgued and almost an equal rate to the midfielders.
And is there progressive fatigue. (Couldnt care if this was in or out just wondering)

The sock thing and the kick outs would be reasonable points if we were talking about a game like FIFA that has been around for years.
If BigAnt make 20 AFL games and have a game stacked with features and flawless game play then you may be entitled to be disappointed about such minor things.

If he isnt already full back, Heath Shaw will be my kick out player! and I hope that West Coast yellow top is in too that looks awesome!

Created an account JUST to jump on after several months of browsing to say well done to Ross on his outstanding support of the plebs in the community.

To the people who complain about sock height and the crowd and fullbacks kicking out... lolwut? Those things mean NOTHING to most of us... harden up.

1 question for Ross, which I don't think has been asked because I've read these threads only a million times**, is there any 'tactics' settings? ie. Man on man, zone, rolling zone?
I know it says in the FAQ that they play like their RL counterparts, but are you able to change to simply 'Man on man' or do we need to work out that is specifically say, Carltons style and pick that?

Cheerio.

Mitho

**EDIT: Though I could be seriously wrong as I would assume this would have been asked already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed with your post re gameplay as to your questions, most of it will be found within the FAQ.

re-reading the FAQs' again these still seem unanswered -

Stats and roster updates via live updates:
It says they may be including these, however no promises. Any update to this?

Multiple Season Fixturing -
Not mentioned in FAQ on page 1

The last I am going to say about socks at all - the problem is you *cannot* get the reference from the photoshoot. You *must* watch find reference video of every player and see if their socks or sock, be it left or right or both are down and to what level, and it's no good watching them at the bounce of the ball or qtr time or start of the qtr as the buggers might just pull them up, I know I used to pull mine up at stoppages! Please understand we need to use the resources as we see best.

That said, I will make sure that sock height is in future releases, even though you can't see it in game, and if someone would kindly supply me with every AFL player and rookies preferred sock heights then I will make sure that data makes it into the next iteration too.

On the full-back situation kicking out, I understand the thinking, and it is something we will consider next time.

Wow I can't believe sockgate is a serious issue for some. I've read the posts and I still can't believe it. It really is impossible to please everyone - just battoning down the hatches for when the menu colours appear in the screenshots.

Humble suggestion - in the next game allow the player to change sock heights themselves - and let the devs get on with the real job of improving the game.

Or idea two - before the next game set up a wiki database where the fan community can edit player settings for cosmetics thing - sock length, bandages, shoe color etc. Publish an appropriate deadline, and take as snapshot of the data at that time for the game.

You'd need to still let people modify these things when the game is released though, no doubt there would still be complaints otherwise.

Also maybe you could run the wiki out of Bigfooty or somewhere similar so you don't have the overhead. Someone out there I'm sure would be happy to help.

------------

Viewing the forum it is quite amazing that you....HAVEN'T READ THE FAQ! You have done something more annoying than people talking about the little things, well done.

And good luck to Brisbane players having Merrett doing their kicking in. This indicates to me at this stage that, to keep the gameplay flowing, the full back would be the closest player to the ball at that time, so he should do the kicking in. This also indicates to me in a way that the full back will basically be sitting in the goal square the whole time. I am not sure if there has been much talk about tactics yet? I know the FAQ says that each team will play like their team plays. Not sure if there has been much more talk about it, but would be interesting to hear more.

Ross mate just a curious questions about player creation.

Many of us here are going to create players that are no longer in the AFL ie Cousins, Aker etc. Is it possible for BigAnt to release recomended stats to use for these players so they slot in nicely to game and are not unrealisticly good/bad?

Sounds reasonable, I will see what I can do.

when the opposition kicks a point will you be able to choose who takes the kick out because that really pissed me or in the other games. im planning to play Suban and Duffield on the half back flanks but i will be wanting to take kick ins with them?
can anyone help me out

Fullback takes it.

*** Correction ***

Checked with the team and the fullback does not take the kick, the defensive player with the best kicking stats takes the kick - it just happened that I managed to have my fullback kick it in when I was checking this morning.

Viewing the forum it is quite amazing that you....HAVEN'T READ THE FAQ! You have done something more annoying than people talking about the little things, well done.

And good luck to Brisbane players having Merrett doing their kicking in. This indicates to me at this stage that, to keep the gameplay flowing, the full back would be the closest player to the ball at that time, so he should do the kicking in. This also indicates to me in a way that the full back will basically be sitting in the goal square the whole time. I am not sure if there has been much talk about tactics yet? I know the FAQ says that each team will play like their team plays. Not sure if there has been much more talk about it, but would be interesting to hear more.

The fullback is mobile, there are numerous team tactics and kick out tactics to choose from.

The fullback is mobile, there are numerous team tactics and kick out tactics to choose from.

Cool, and good to hear that the defender with the best kicking stats takes it at least, thats probably all that is needed anyway.

Ross,
Do you find that all you are doing now is going into work and playing AFL Live just to improve your skills so you don't get an ass whooping come game time?
Or are you still ironing out bugs?

p.s - Who does Ross have to sleep with around here to get a bigger avatar?! :mad:
might have to get a few infraction notices to get the admins to notice his good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back