AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 11 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, for all of you who just cant wait for the game to come out, here is an AFL game you dont have to download. ;)

http://www.ontheball.com.au/

Very good AFL simulation, name your squad, name the ground's the stadiums, alocate how many seats in the stadium, blah blah. Then verse people every Tuesday and Saturday with an exhibition match on the thursday.

152512_screenshot_01_l.jpg

That's Gumby taking the mark, and McVeigh to the right obviously
View image for bigger look

14cf95g.jpg

Scott Gumbleton likes this.

Ross seriously think you should have put Bryan Strauchanie in the game woulda been very funny!!! Too bad he plays for collingwood, and id play as any other team but them or adelaide ofcourse.... Might have to create him in my player editor and have him in my new team!! grrr now everyone will create him :mad: aww well, i can claim i thought of it first cauz i posted it first!!! :p

Sorry to burst your bubble but creating Strauchanie was brought up back in thread 7 already.

I do believe if not this edition but may be next one you can include unlockables as in legendary games like syndey vs geelong semi 2005, or other grand final moments. I have seen these in few ricky ponting cricket games where they give you the situation like I remeber 6 sixes from Garfield sobers, etc. Also, including club legends who have retired like richo, harley, presti etc as covered already would be great too. Just inlcuding their 3d models and if we can play with them in training mode would be great too!!!

Reminder that we are drawing a person from our Facebook+Twitter friends today at 5pm - join both to have two chances in the draw.

The winner will get a copy of AFL Live prior to its release, signed by the development team*

* if you think, as some cheeky bugger suggested above, that the signature version will be less valuable than an unsigned one then the winner can request an unsigned copy :)

Were you guys impressed with the presentation of the game?

E.g. the pre game load screen, the teams running out and the presentation in the lead up to the opening bounce?

Hi All

Been following this thread for a while now and finally decided to join. I follow rugby league mainly but don't mind watching AFL. Played majority of the previous AFL games when they were released and also bought two copies of RLL last year (xbox & ps3).

Going by what i have seen on this thread AFL LIVE is going to s**t all over the league game, which has me excited for future version of not only Rugby League but also AFL.

I preordered my copy from EB yesterday and can't wait for this game to be released in April as i am on holidays for a couple of weeks over the easter period

Reminder that we are drawing a person from our Facebook+Twitter friends today at 5pm - join both to have two chances in the draw.

The winner will get a copy of AFL Live prior to its release, signed by the development team*

* if you think, as some cheeky bugger suggested above, that the signature version will be less valuable than an unsigned one then the winner can request an unsigned copy :)

Do you have to join both. I don't have a twitter.

Not sure if its been asked about before but lets hope the player creator has a mullet and moustache option so we can recreate the starting lineup of the 84 Hawks and give Glen "I Never Had A Mullet" Jakovich the hairstyle we all know he had

good luck to all with the comp draw this afternoon

Hi All

Been following this thread for a while now and finally decided to join. I follow rugby league mainly but don't mind watching AFL.

Ross, surely you are on the books down at BigFooty HQ.
You have single handedly pulled in more members than any other.

Considering so many people have come here to discuss this game, surely there are opportunities for you to promote your other titles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A quick one ross. So i can look out for articles from the gaming industry in the coming months, are we allowed to know what reviewers/previewers (besides bigfooty obviously) are being invited to trial the game?

(sorry if this has been asked)

Ok I was considering staying quiet about it so as to not get bombarded with questions about things, but I was one of the lucky few amongst the bigfooty bretheren to get a first hand look at this game. I'm not going to say too much though because I don't want to slip out anything that I shouldn't, so I'll just try to add my opinion on things that have already been discussed.

They were good at using the bump to give away frees and 50 in front of goal :p

Not only that but letting defenders know about it while teammates lined up in front of goal :D

Hey guys were you able to get a tv view like in Fifa???

Also (probably didn't attempt this but) were you able to sort of chip the ball around without losing possession? I know in previous games that was nigh impossible.

Thanks for all the insight btw, great work :thumbsu:

The camera angle was easily the best implemented in an AFL game thus far. It made gameplay very easy in terms of seeing the field and options around you. In past games it was almost impossible to find an open player without using the radar, but here I found myself not looking at the radar at all. However, being that far away from the play affects how easily you can recognise players. That said, we only used one camera angle, there were plenty of others that we didn't see.

In terms of chipping the ball around, we were playing a chaotic 3v3 game, so everybody was ball chasing and goal hungry. There was a point though where I decided to kick sideways around the forward 50 and a general groan was heard amongst the other guys :eek: But it is easy, player targeting and kicking is easy, unlike the other games where you have to manually direct the accuracy and strength of the kick. I can see myself going sideways and backwards to pick up some stats.

oh, just thought of another Q. were there any celebrations after a goal, and how did they work, if so?

Not sure if I can answer this fully, but they were much more realistic, especially defender reactions.

I'll throw my opinion around here and there where I see fit

Well... amazingly enough he's not part of the AFLPA... if anyone knows him personally and he gives permission then I will get an artist to make him in the character creator ("Footy Factory") and do a screen shot.

:eek: Oh sweet, ill try my hardest to get him to contact you!!!:cool: Edit: would that mean you could put him the next game????

Sorry to burst your bubble but creating Strauchanie was brought up back in thread 7 already.

You know thats kinda funny cauz i reckon i started reading posts from the start of thread 7 but only started reading EVERY post from end of thread 8... musta missed it... as the threads move very quickly.. my bad :)

Mr Gor

can you tell us about the kicking and handballing. is there a long and short kick/handball option or do you lock on to a teammate and choose to kick or handball to them? does that make sense?

i know there is this 'lock on' feature but wondering if thats more for passing to guys on a lead, or whether you do that everytime.

I guess you can kick to space to, for a team mate to run on to it, which means it musnt just be the 'lock on' type.

Ross, surely you are on the books down at BigFooty HQ.
You have single handedly pulled in more members than any other.

Considering so many people have come here to discuss this game, surely there are opportunities for you to promote your other titles.

OFF TOPIC:

lol - nice Avatar, assuming I'm seeing it right, Harmes' gets the first ever Norm Smith Medal, that was a *great* day... I was in standing room (bay 13), surrounded by Collingwood supporters just giving it to me all day long, well until the last three minutes :)

Thanks for the info Gor.

just liked the Fb page. Up to 462 people now, I'd say by 5pm there will be around 800 people.

Slim chances :(

800-450 = 350 mate :)

And now up to 475.

People like me always join closer to the deadline, watch.

Im in and crossing the fingers because Im going to Bali from April 1 to 16 so am hoping I can get a copy early as Id hate to be stuck over there when this comes out, want to play it Day 1!

Lance how did the Bombers look?

were guys like Stants, Watson, Hill and Fletch recognisable? What about guys like Zaharakis and Hurley?

Really looking forward to April!

all the players are recognisable when you get in close to them, or on replays. I had Hurley kicking goals from CHF which got me pretty excited. Couldn't play Essendon the whole time, but I'm confident they will all look ok.

Oh, and this should make you happy: I was pretty surprised and pleased to see their rating wasn't as bad as I thought it might be! (might have helped that the lead dev is a Bombers man ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back