AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 11 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totally jizzing for this game now. I was going to ask a question about the radar a few days ago, but interesting to hear that it might not come in to play that much with the camera angle...I would have assumed straight off the bat that I would be using it flat out. Very interesting!

Totally jizzing for this game now. I was going to ask a question about the radar a few days ago, but interesting to hear that it might not come in to play that much with the camera angle...I would have assumed straight off the bat that I would be using it flat out. Very interesting!
It was one of those things that after the first match we were talking about how the camera is in such a position that the radar isn't a huge thing to be needed, because you really can see a lot of the field and the players up the ground.

That being said, there are some nice little things in regards to the radar as well that can help you out regardless of the camera angle.;)

I have a question regarding setups/structures & how the players appear on the field.

Is it pretty much 1-1 all over the park or can you change your teams structures/zones. I.e Clarko's cluster, or the Pies frontal pressure so there are loose players??
The AI is quite smart all round. You generally get a lot of marking contests with more than just the 2 players in them, so you will see a lot of times the AI running into contests as well as leading to where you want them to.

No specific tactical plays like a real clarko's cluster but there's a good amount of tactical options to choose from.

Thanks for all the info guys. Sounds like Big Ant have done a great job!! Glad to hear that the ruck contests were a highlight!!

Can't wait to play this game!!

Did you get a chance to play in wet conditions at all?

Hi guys, thanks for giving us your impressions of the game.

Just on the ruck thing, you say that the ruck contest were really good and a highlight - I just wanted to know if you were referring to just the rucks going against each other and directing the ball down or if you were including the subsequent clearance battle in that?

I for one am hoping for a good clearance game where you can't just get a clean kick away because you got first hands on the ball (as players often can't in real life), but one where handballs are key and many clearing kicks are skewed due to being tackle or hurrying, etc.

If you are allowe to elaborate, what were your impressions re the clearance game?

A quick one ross. So i can look out for articles from the gaming industry in the coming months, are we allowed to know what reviewers/previewers (besides bigfooty obviously) are being invited to trial the game?

(sorry if this has been asked)

Ok, so the list so far in order of coming in to Big Ant HQ.

Xbox World Australia
http://www.xboxworld.com.au/articles/features/afl-live-hands-on-preview.htm

Inside Football
http://www.insidefootballonline.com/

mmgn
http://mmgn.com/

Right now, OnTheFool
http://www.onthefool.com/

and of course we had the guys from BigFooty yesterday, three of whom have come forward to take the subsequent Q&A and PM deluge :)

All that have visited have agreed to give their opinion of the game and trailer but not reveal game features that have not already been spoken of.

Thanks for all the info guys. Sounds like Big Ant have done a great job!! Glad to hear that the ruck contests were a highlight!!

Can't wait to play this game!!

Did you get a chance to play in wet conditions at all?
Sorry dude, we didn't. Was probably the one thing we forgot to do all up, we were just amped to get into each match we forgot about testing out the weather conditions.:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick question. If you mark the ball after the siren or at a crucial moment in front of goal. Do you get the heart beat vibration???????

The AI is quite smart all round. You generally get a lot of marking contests with more than just the 2 players in them, so you will see a lot of times the AI running into contests as well as leading to where you want them to.

No specific tactical plays like a real clarko's cluster but there's a good amount of tactical options to choose from.

Is there the option to drop a spare man into defense or flood or zone ?

Appreciate the feedback - happy with that.

and of course we had the guys from BigFooty yesterday, three of whom have come forward to take the subsequent Q&A and PM deluge :)

Prehaps we should name drop to spread the load. ;)

Hey Ross,
Are you sweating that one of these blokes is gonna let the cat outta the bag and just start squealing like a banshee? :D

Hi guys, thanks for giving us your impressions of the game.

Just on the ruck thing, you say that the ruck contest were really good and a highlight - I just wanted to know if you were referring to just the rucks going against each other and directing the ball down or if you were including the subsequent clearance battle in that?

I for one am hoping for a good clearance game where you can't just get a clean kick away because you got first hands on the ball (as players often can't in real life), but one where handballs are key and many clearing kicks are skewed due to being tackle or hurrying, etc.

If you are allowe to elaborate, what were your impressions re the clearance game?

I mentioned earlier I was very impressed with the ability and control you have to clear the ball.

If you are good, you can get your ruckman to tap it down a midfielders throat, have him take off and get a quick hands or kick away. Your ruck can also punch the ball if you prefer.

However the opposition can put on a lot of pressure, which means that you have to work to get the clearances. You can be bumped or tackled. I know I certainly had some brain freezes whereby I couldn't get the ball away quickly enough. You have to think your way through the traffic quickly, which is pretty cool

Just a quick question. If you mark the ball after the siren or at a crucial moment in front of goal. Do you get the heart beat vibration???????

hmm, dunno. There were certainly vibrations for various in game events though

Prehaps we should name drop to spread the load. ;)

Played the game yesterday for a bit. Wasn't for too long, but I definitely got a feel for how it played. Ross even commented on how I'd picked up the controls by the end of my game time, and can I just say, I had a ball of a time playing it.

For me, the best part is the contested footy. When there's a loose ball with a couple of players around it, there are tackles constantly being laid, spillages, passing off the teammate while being tackled....and just that feeling of complete mayhem that you get in the real AFL when both sides are throwing them at the ball. The play keeps flowing, and it's not easy to dominate with the old two kicks out of the centre for a goal.

Controls felt good as well..... like how FIFA have the basic buttons to start off with, then the more complicated combinations you can use as you get more advanced.

Agree with HBK619. Hitouts are cool.....and not so easy to win....again making the whole tap-out, kick, mark, goal sequence not so easy.

Some other special things in there as well. Keep an eye out for next week's edition of Inside Football Magazine for more of my thoughts on it.

For those who did play the game, who was the biggest suprise in terms of player rating? (Without giving the actual rating away)

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back