AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to paraphrase this because it's quite long.. something I found amusing on FB last night RE: AFL Live

Dude 1: Go pre-order afl live man. **vague statement about knowing guy who orders games nationally for a game/electronics retailer** says that "the stupid company that's making it is a NSW company and there (sic) only making 60,000 copies all up.

Dude 2: Why only 60,000?

Dude 1:He said the people making the game asked EB how many copies to make and because EB are a Queensland company they don't know AFL for shit. He said *random dude I know* told the company they need to make shitloads because they'll sell well. Was told they can't because they don't have much money. **some other stuff about a certain retailer trying to pre-buy as many as they can** "he said it's gonna be amazing. THere's a tac cup league and can play with up to 8 people online"

Stuff in ** is to protect dude 1 and 2 and random guy
Stuff in "" is direct quote

I see one fact in there. That's probably all.

His comment about being a mad F1 fan was a reply to me, I'm a massive F1 fan who is extremely jealous of him as he's getting to drive around Albert Park just before the GP. He's more interested in watching paint dry than the F1.

He's lucky I'm currently over seas as he would find himself locked in Big Ants storage room this Sunday, bound and gagged and I would be driving round the track instead :D

Actually, Air Asia have some very cheap flights at the moment.... ;)

OFFTOPIC:

lol - if you were here you know I would have taken you along :)

Hey Ross are the difficulties amateur, normal, hard and expert and if so i want to play my first few games that i play on a hard difficulty so for a first time player would i get flogged on expert difficulty in the NAB Cup playing as Colling against Richmond.:)

Ross, something I completely forgot to attempt when playing AFL was 360 degree spoiling. Since you've watched probably over 100 games at this point, has it been a frequent thing in game would you say? I dare say it was there in the game I played but personally I dont remember if I attempted it!

Hey Ross are the difficulties amateur, normal, hard and expert and if so i want to play my first few games that i play on a hard difficulty so for a first time player would i get flogged on expert difficulty in the NAB Cup playing as Colling against Richmond.:)

Even on expert, that would still NEVER happen!!! lol

I can't really disclose when we will start as it is dependant on sales of this version. We are already looking at improved graphics and gameplay (especially enhanced off-the-ball AI), be-a-pro, franchise mode, etc..

Franchise Mode >>>>>>>>>> be-a-pro.

be-a-pro gets boring quickly because most of the time you're just running around trying to get the ball rather than actually having it. And unless you score, it's shit.

Franchise mode is the key.

be-a-pro gets boring quickly because most of the time you're just running around trying to get the ball rather than actually having it. And unless you score, it's shit.

I think be a pro mode works well depending on the sport.. it works really well in nba2k11 because you're always in the action, however with AFL i'd be surprised if it worked well given there are 17 other players on the field for your team. = lots of downtime.

Franchise/Career mode imho is where time shoudl be spent

Agree that franchise >>>>>>> be a pro

Too big a field and players for it to work well.

Both would be great but franchise would be top of list

Btw I doubt this game will be out before may the way it's looking maybe even June

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Everyone officially related to the game has been saying April. Or do you know something they don't?

And to add to that, the winners of the free games would be near having the game already,
ross even said The other day at frankston, when i asked whether its the 14th (which the smerk on his face said perhaps i was correct he said next month and its not my fault.
which is april.

And to add to that, the winners of the free games would be near having the game already

I'm not sure they'd get the games any earlier than the release date...maybe a day or two.

I've pre-ordered the Wii game from Wicked Witch (waiting for PC version of this one) from JB Hi-fi (online)...I'm just hoping I get the game on the release date or the day after (news is even more scant about the wii release)!

But this won't stop me trying to get to the PS3 playtest this weekend.

I agree 100%. Have never really gotten into be a pro modes in any game. Not to mention one where you're only 1/18th of a team. Love a good franchise mode though, complete with draft and stats.
Something else i used to love in older NHL games (they don't seem to do it these days) is that they'd recognize milestones. For example if you netted your 50th goal for the season, the commentators would mention it and the score board would show a screen with "Iginla - 50 Goals!" or something like that. Wouldn't really need a lot of commentary for it, as it could just follow the goal commentary. "Walker, kicks a goal!" cut to "And that's his 50th for the season! What a great year he's having!"
It's not a dealbreaker by any means, but it's just one of them things that when you see it, you think "It's really cool that they thought to put something like that in!"

Btw I doubt this game will be out before may the way it's looking maybe even June

Just imagine you went 'BE A PRO' and selected a FF player for the Eagles and played against the Dockers... you could put the controller down and walk to the fridge for a beer and serve up a 3 course dinner while you wait. :eek:

Sock length, Sleeve length and Ball bags behind the goals should be 1st priority in the next iteration. Ross and the developers will have to deal with an impending street riot outside the BA studios if they do not inlclude these nessacary inclusions...

/sarcasm.jpg

If true, I'm one of the 300. SPARTA!!!! :)

I can't really disclose when we will start as it is dependant on sales of this version. We are already looking at improved graphics and gameplay (especially enhanced off-the-ball AI), be-a-pro, franchise mode, etc..

Personally, the enhanced gameplay (enhanced off-the-ball AI) is the most important for me. Will make the game feel more "real". I've never liked Be-a-Pro (I agree with the general sentiment here, I can't see how it would work in an AFL game) or Franchise mode (in the old AFL games you'll end up drafting a ruckman named Garry Judd and a forward pocket named Aaron Cox. It just destroys the immersion having these fake players running around. Custom teams/players are brilliant because I want to recreate classic teams etc. but I don't like the idea of fake drafts etc.).

Makes sense, but will the game auto make them kick a few goals without you being able to stop them? Thats what used to happen.

Top game so far Ross.

There are no "balancing" or "Catch up" techniques in play.

As above, maybe choose the ruck or midfield...

Playtests are taking place on the gold master - Trolls.... the biggest reason to avoid the net.

I can't really disclose when we will start as it is dependant on sales of this version. We are already looking at improved graphics and gameplay (especially enhanced off-the-ball AI), be-a-pro, franchise mode, etc

Has the strategy of getting 'one aspect perfect' changed? I think it's a good one - obviously game play has been the focus in this first one (which is without doubt an excellent decision).

Your players will play with more confidence, ie the game will get easier for you and the other side will feel under presssure and might take risks which might lead to a further blow out - but if there is a comeback, a few goals in a row, then the pressure changes and you feel them coming at you - just like the real thing. This happened at the play sessions a few times, it was good to see people start to sweat :)

Can you share anything on how this happens under the covers - invisible stat boosts for PvP? Changes to AI + stat boosts for against the computer? Intriguing!

I Disagree with everyone who thinks Be-a-Pro is a bad idea.. i think it would be amazing in an AFL game, i play be a pro in fifa and its way better then ultimate team because you can get a group of mates and have lots of fun with it. Also Be-a-Pro would work better on AFL because it would be easier to get around defence then fifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back