AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Disagree with everyone who thinks Be-a-Pro is a bad idea.. i think it would be amazing in an AFL game, i play be a pro in fifa and its way better then ultimate team because you can get a group of mates and have lots of fun with it. Also Be-a-Pro would work better on AFL because it would be easier to get around defence then fifa.

I would absolutely LOVE be a pro. Something about being the starting ruckmen for the saints would be brilliant. Considering that will be my first mod anyway.

I can see how others say it will be tough as you wont get a LOT of the ball because of the size of the ground and amount of players, definitely could work though. You'd need to be an on baller or a back flanker I reckon.

Would also love Be-A-Pro.

They're both very good modes for very different reasons. I think Be-A-Pro would work great in AFL because it'd give Big Ant an excuse to use a much closer camera specifically for your player. Imagine being right in close trying to win the ball out of the centre, crumbing goals or even close one-on-one battles as a defender.

I think AFL Live could really use both, people thinking BAP wouldn't work for AFL are crazy IMO.

I think people are over-estimating the quality of BAP style modes in other games. Even the very best, probably MyPlayer in 2k11, is swimming with deficiancies and annoying little traits.

FIFA's BAP is rubbish, and PES' BAL is a dud as well. If the mode was absolutely perfect, it would be awesome, but it's not going to happen in a second year release.

ross a while ago you hinted there may be some tv advertisement for the game. can we expect anything at say half time of the carlton v richmond game?

Has the strategy of getting 'one aspect perfect' changed? I think it's a good one - obviously game play has been the focus in this first one (which is without doubt an excellent decision).

Gameplay is probably a lot harder to get right than other game modes. Now that they're working from a pre-existing platform, you'd think they'd have a lot more time to work on other modes.

Gameplay is probably a lot harder to get right than other game modes. Now that they're working from a pre-existing platform, you'd think they'd have a lot more time to work on other modes.

Time is one thing these guys never have a lot of, dont forget they are working on other games like cricket etc and nobody is really sure if they will even be using the same platform in 2 years time, could be a complete overhaul not too mention all the statistical & player modelling updates.

Went into local eb today, guy there reckons eb head office expects an official release date annoucment this friday.. Question for glenno, have you heard this also or is it just more mindless bull@&$? .?? :D

Anyone who says Be a Pro is rubbish obviously hasn't played Pro Clubs on FIFA. I was getting bored of the usual gameplay, and I hated Be a Pro due to shoddy AI. But Pro Clubs (having regular players like a real football club) is so much better due to having a handful of people all working together and, because everyone knows eachother, hogging the ball is a rarity.

Imagine playing a game with a couple of forwards, midfielders, backmen and a ruckman all controlled by people. People are commenting on how good it is on 2v2 when you tap it down to your rover, controlled by the other player, who was worked themselves into a good position. Imagine the fun of linking plays with more than just 2 players. Plus the fowardline won't be boring, with the ability to make leads and push up the ground in tough situations.

IMHO, a mode such as this is much, much better than franchise mode. Franchise mode is just the same old gameplay with some spiffy off-field features. Be a Pro is something completely different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a fan of BAP and Franchise, but the chance to play a decent AFL game means they matter little to me. I just can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

They would require dedicated servers most likely if wanting to host Be A Pro online clubs where there are many consoles connected together. Even though you can have up to 8 players online at the moment, there are only two consoles connected. And for Be A Pro mode everyone would need their own screen as players would be at different ends of the ground.

Just thought of a question for Ross or anyone that has played the game.

When playing a 2v2,3v3,4v4, is the ruckman always player 1 (for example) and the rover always player 2 etc. or does it change around automatically?

Just thought of a question for Ross or anyone that has played the game.

When playing a 2v2,3v3,4v4, is the ruckman always player 1 (for example) and the rover always player 2 etc. or does it change around automatically?

Changes around.

Anyone who says Be a Pro is rubbish obviously hasn't played Pro Clubs on FIFA. I was getting bored of the usual gameplay, and I hated Be a Pro due to shoddy AI. But Pro Clubs (having regular players like a real football club) is so much better due to having a handful of people all working together and, because everyone knows eachother, hogging the ball is a rarity.

Imagine playing a game with a couple of forwards, midfielders, backmen and a ruckman all controlled by people. People are commenting on how good it is on 2v2 when you tap it down to your rover, controlled by the other player, who was worked themselves into a good position. Imagine the fun of linking plays with more than just 2 players. Plus the fowardline won't be boring, with the ability to make leads and push up the ground in tough situations.

IMHO, a mode such as this is much, much better than franchise mode. Franchise mode is just the same old gameplay with some spiffy off-field features. Be a Pro is something completely different.
Pro Club is absolutely fantastic and it's a showing of how good a Be A Pro mode can work, obviously it would never be implemented fully into an online mode for AFL but offline could work really well and be insanely fun.

I've played 100's of games with my online Pro Club's and they've never been a borefest.

As great as franchise is, I find with FIFA that the more complicated they are, the less I can be bothered with. All I want to do is play, and as such having online play more than makes up for it by providing something different every game.

Same here, AFL live ticks all the boxes I want. Decent Gameplay and Online, not that interested in player management.

So Ross...that large avatar hey...going well isn't it?

FFS CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ROSS A LARGE AVATAR NOW?!

Ant surely you have some pull with Chiefton? This is beyond ridiculous now.

So Ross...that large avatar hey...going well isn't it?

FFS CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ROSS A LARGE AVATAR NOW?!

Ant surely you have some pull with Chiefton? This is beyond ridiculous now.

Admin will only assign sponsorship badges and BFSC memberships based on the list the Team Board Mods give them. So, ODN is the person to ask as he runs the show on the Carlton board, I have mentioned this to him before so he is aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back