AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-ordered from EB today :)
Really looking forward to it. Having trouble convincing my mate to get it though :(
He is one of the ones that is going of what the previous games were like.
I tried dragging him down to the JB playtest at Knox but no go. He is going to wait until he sees what its like when i get it.

Maybe some nice ads during the football this weekend might convince him ;)

For anyone that has played the game, how much of an impact do you think the ruckman make? Will having someone like Sandilands give you a big advantage over a team with say Mark Blake or David Hale?

For anyone that has played the game, how much of an impact do you think the ruckman make? Will having someone like Sandilands give you a big advantage over a team with say Mark Blake or David Hale?

The ruck contest is probably the biggest impact of the game! Using a good ruckman and tapping it to the right player ignites everything from there. From what I saw, the better the ruckman the easier it is to gain control of the play.....its these subtle realisms that really make me think AFL Live 2011 is going to be a good game even with a short feature list!

The ruck contest is probably the biggest impact of the game! Using a good ruckman and tapping it to the right player ignites everything from there. From what I saw, the better the ruckman the easier it is to gain control of the play.....its these subtle realisms that really make me think AFL Live 2011 is going to be a good game even with a short feature list!

Great to hear! Considering using my first draft pick to get the big man.

I agree. I used the Indigenous all stars against the All stars and it was Paddy Ryder vs Sandilands. Got smashed more often than not.

I would absolutely LOVE be a pro. Something about being the starting ruckmen for the saints would be brilliant. Considering that will be my first mod anyway.

I can see how others say it will be tough as you wont get a LOT of the ball because of the size of the ground and amount of players, definitely could work though. You'd need to be an on baller or a back flanker I reckon.

also for the people who thinks it will be hard because of the size of the ground have forgotten that it would be like normal footy you play in real life, the more your team works and the effort you would put in would make it unreal to play i reckon, people just need to give it a chance instead of writing it off straight away..

I said to my friends that we will have a realase date by the first game of the season but that's looking more and more unrealistic :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys can u help me out,

How does the online system work, is their a draft so that one team can only have a certain player because i am going to get really sick of seeing every team have Sandilands as their ruck. Sandilands vs Sandilands all the time. Also can u create players for online use so that i could make a really good ruckman but his wage would be enormous. THANKS GUYS:D

I think it's obvious that Franchise mode has a bigger target audience than Be A Pro mode. That's a given. Having said that, I think the market is still definitely there for a Be A Pro mode in AFL Live and would be very disappointed if it wasn't added to the series eventually.

Just finished my second season playing Be A Pro in NHL 11 and I can tell you that after 140-something games of 7 minute periods, the feeling I got when my offensive defenseman scored the winning goal in a must win game with only seconds left to advance to the next round of the playoffs.....well it's safe to say I was fairly excited :D

The fact we lost the next 4 games straight to bow out of the playoffs is irrelevant :eek:

My point is, I love BAP mode....Before BAP was around all I did was play the franchise mode in sports games but it's BAP all the way for me these days. I don't really even care much for all the extras like interviews and sponsorships....Just roaming down the wing playing as Buddy, laying a game winning tackle playing as Rioli, delivering the pill lace-out into the forward line playing as Hodge, or even finally filling that CHB position for the Hawks as myself would be unbelievably awesome. Not to mention things like trying to win the Brownlow, Coleman or Norm Smith medals. Could even start out in the VFL/WAFL/SANFL etc as a kid before getting drafted to the AFL, though that would be a bonus and I'm not expecting it.

Currently playing this mode in NBA 2K11 and Fifa 11 also...loving it.

Edit: For the guy a few pages back who said that unless your a midfielder you'll be running around the whole field trying to just get a touch, that may be true for some, but for myself it's all about replicating the real life game by playing my role in the team. Not sure there's a position on the field you couldn't get at least 15 touches a game from anyway if you play well.

sorry to be a pain but what is franchise mode just a quick answer and no one get angry

Where you control a team for multiple years: playing games; developing players; making trades; doing the drafts etc.

Guys can u help me out,

How does the online system work, is their a draft so that one team can only have a certain player because i am going to get really sick of seeing every team have Sandilands as their ruck. Sandilands vs Sandilands all the time. Also can u create players for online use so that i could make a really good ruckman but his wage would be enormous. THANKS GUYS

sorry about this but talk about a francise in the next version has cofused me about current game modes is it just a single season in this version???

they should be brendan fevola mode go down the from calton to brisbane to casey scorpions miss a many training sessions as possible and piss everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back