AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 15 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AI will generally go for the tackle if close to the ball carrier, but will otherwise run with another player that looks like getting the pass or run to position to cut off a pass or limit your options by making you go to the pockets (if attacking for example).

The AI might change tactics if they are way in front or behind or if it's a close game and there isn't much time left, otherwise they are set to the teams normal game plan.

That's awesome, good man, good response.

I will be at Thursdays play (will attempt the whole day:p) and will 100% be recording a FULL quarter of gameplay (captured in HD!).

Not sure what quarter to make it however, thinking the last as no matter who is playing they should have the controls down by then and it might be somewhat exciting too!
Finally someone will do that

HBK HBK HBK

btw Ross I'm waiting on the email haha.

Hey Ross, When do you guys start on the second version? How does that work, does the gameplay and graphics stay the same and just work on features or do you do bits and pieces and see what can be improved?

I will be at Thursdays play (will attempt the whole day:p) and will 100% be recording a FULL quarter of gameplay (captured in HD!).

Not sure what quarter to make it however, thinking the last as no matter who is playing they should have the controls down by then and it might be somewhat exciting too!
If it isn't too much hassle could you do a ninja sign in and check the trophies :D

Hey Ross, When do you guys start on the second version? How does that work, does the gameplay and graphics stay the same and just work on features or do you do bits and pieces and see what can be improved?

I can't really disclose when we will start as it is dependant on sales of this version. We are already looking at improved graphics and gameplay (especially enhanced off-the-ball AI), be-a-pro, franchise mode, etc..

Just say the AI has a lead of roughly 40 points will they get cocky and start stuffing up kicks?

They actually get tougher as they have the upper hand, momentum plays a big part in this game.

They actually get tougher as they have the upper hand, momentum plays a big part in this game.

So does that mean that if you have a 40+ lead the game gets easier for you? Or the exact same? I remember in the old games, if you had a lead of 40+ it was guaranteed that they would comeback, you couldnt stop it.

Well I will be going to the Rundle Mall test on Friday, driving 2.5 hours and taking 5 RDO hours to make sure I get there on time. Going with at least one mate so it should be good. I am Crows so will try and get some lineups, footage!

correct me if i'm wrong here, but Ross back in the early early days of these AFL game threads didn't you mention that you would show a video of it raining with the roof shut at etihad stadium when you were allowed to? Or am I just losing my mind here haha!

If so it would still be funny to see that :)

Whenever this game does get the release date does anyone think it might be a midnight release?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does that mean that if you have a 40+ lead the game gets easier for you? Or the exact same? I remember in the old games, if you had a lead of 40+ it was guaranteed that they would comeback, you couldnt stop it.

Your players will play with more confidence, ie the game will get easier for you and the other side will feel under presssure and might take risks which might lead to a further blow out - but if there is a comeback, a few goals in a row, then the pressure changes and you feel them coming at you - just like the real thing. This happened at the play sessions a few times, it was good to see people start to sweat :)

A off topic question for Ross here
i remember you said big ant are working on a secret project then you saying you are a mad f1 fan a bit later

is it a f1 game?

Your players will play with more confidence, ie the game will get easier for you and the other side will feel under presssure and might take risks which might lead to a further blow out - but if there is a comeback, a few goals in a row, then the pressure changes and you feel them coming at you - just like the real thing. This happened at the play sessions a few times, it was good to see people start to sweat :)
Makes sense, but will the game auto make them kick a few goals without you being able to stop them? Thats what used to happen.

Top game so far Ross.

A off topic question for Ross here
i remember you said big ant are working on a secret project then you saying you are a mad f1 fan a bit later

is it a f1 game?

His comment about being a mad F1 fan was a reply to me, I'm a massive F1 fan who is extremely jealous of him as he's getting to drive around Albert Park just before the GP. He's more interested in watching paint dry than the F1.

He's lucky I'm currently over seas as he would find himself locked in Big Ants storage room this Sunday, bound and gagged and I would be driving round the track instead :D

Actually, Air Asia have some very cheap flights at the moment.... ;)

Off Topic:

While catching up from a few days of being busy, I'm laying here with my laptop trying to get tired to sleep and very quietly reading.....

Vreeeeooww.... "Wtf?"... My main computer starts up........

...Nobody is even near it...... It was completely shut down....... It was completely off....... Wow, Just ****ing great, Now I'm not sleeping, Thanks monsters, ghosts, aliens, what ever the **** is in this room watching me type you sick perverts.

Off Topic:

While catching up from a few days of being busy, I'm laying here with my laptop trying to get tired to sleep and very quietly reading.....

Vreeeeooww.... "Wtf?"... My main computer starts up........

...Nobody is even near it...... It was completely shut down....... It was completely off....... Wow, Just ****ing great, Now I'm not sleeping, Thanks monsters, ghosts, aliens, what ever the **** is in this room watching me type you sick perverts.
You're going to die tonight.

I just wanted you to know that.

Good ol catchup done! "Stupid V8 Supercars" I would have had the Weekend to look forward to F1.... Anyway Enjoy AFL Live 2011, Seems as though the pervy ghost is killing me tonight!

You just want me to die Eddie so we can't play online and feel great about beating the blues :( haha!

Seriously though why the **** would it just turn on ? It had been off for like an hour at least... Argh, Stop playing on my mind and go to sleep Josh!

:eek:SA PLAY SESSIONS!!!!!!!!!:eek: feel like a little kid again!! OMG OMG OMG!! lol thankyou so so much to Ross!!

Im gonna be late for work Friday for sure!! (stupid 6pm start) So looks like a 4-615ish playtime..:D Then Saturday should be watching our 18's and B's play b4 my game but looks like ill be playing afl instead!! lol

Again thanks again to Ross and his team! You guys are insanely cool :cool: I do have to feel for the guys missing out now.. :(

One last thing, Ross will you be on here a few months before the next titles release or you deciding against it next time round..? Or undecided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back