AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 18 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be sending out some PSN requests today, i'm not actually sure of my PSN atm to be honest, i've never played online on the PS3 and when i do find it, ill add it here http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807803, also i will add with the request my bigfooty name so those of you i've added will know who i am. cheers in advance everyone who accepts, those who don't, you're just scared :p lol.

Unfortunately, my internet's to crappy for online play and right now, I can't be bothered in forking out the money for a new plan. *Sighs* Money's tight these days.

This might be off topic, but from watching all the videos the gameplay seems to be centred on just going up the corridor through the middle of the ground. Havent seen any gameplay or even a throw in from the wing yet.

The camera seems to be inhibiting this becasue you cant see players leading to the boundary.

In real footy teams play up and down the wings all the time to use the safety of the boundary line.

Hope this corridor footy isnt going to dominate the game, becasue this is unrealistic.

have to say thanks to ross for everything he has done involving the game. For a CEO to come on here, answer peoples questions for over a year, go to the public play sessions and release screenshots and information for us is just outstanding. pretty sure everyone was getting frustrated with lack of information a while ago and ross has done a magnificent job in keeping us updated and building the hype.

i have pre-ordered the game and i really hope this game is very successful for you and the team at big ant and that you can continue to make future
releases. 8 days till release! so pumped.

i think i speak on behalf of everyone here to give ross and the team a big thanks for everything they have done involving the game.

AFL Live! YOU BEAUTY!

The game isn't online.. So all the pirates can stop checking lol.

But if it does go online I would expect everyone to buy a legit cop anyways!

This might be off topic, but from watching all the videos the gameplay seems to be centred on just going up the corridor through the middle of the ground. Havent seen any gameplay or even a throw in from the wing yet.

The camera seems to be inhibiting this becasue you cant see players leading to the boundary.

In real footy teams play up and down the wings all the time to use the safety of the boundary line.

Hope this corridor footy isnt going to dominate the game, becasue this is unrealistic.

I have to agree with you partially. I agree that the camera does inhibt the view of players leading to the boundary a bit from what we have seen so far. However, this is one view of many that are in the game.

Yes in the AFL they use the ball wide and create scoring by doing so. I don't think the game is going to limit this, but the end user. I know for a fact that when I play that I will be using the ball wide to spread the defence and create some holes.

From what I have seen AFL Live represents footy quite well and that there is a bit of congestion around the ball. It is up to the player to slow the play down and spread the footy in order to create chances. I reckon that is when we are going to see some really beautiful foootage in this game. When people start playing the game like real life, that is where AFL Live will shine in my opinion. Not that I have played it yet!

"Has a 4 v 4 Online Multi player.

4 for Xbox local - 8 online max (4 v 4)

7 for PS3 local - 8 online max (4 v 4) "

i hope that means 4 v 4 8 ps3s, other wise this game isn't worth $90+ they should know better

No worries mate, i sort of figured thats what you meant. Hope you get it going, at least you still have a week before game is released to sort it out, would be even worse if it was the day before.

yeah true. i might have it fixed by tonight so thats a major relief lol.

Sorry if this has been asked,

As you can in Fifa 11, can you use the D-Pad or whatever to push your team up or down the ground?

Or question two, are there any AI settings for your controlled team that you can set before the game or pause ingame for that matter to play on or off the man, play down the corridor, or a go wide style gameplan or is it basically just fixed?

Thanks in advance.

My excitment for this game is at stupid levels and commandeering the Toll Ipec truck heading down the Western Highway full of AFL Live for retailers is not out of the question! lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cricket:

After playing many games, the reason for this 'up the corridor' gameplay has simply been due to many players having controllers thrust into their hands and played the game from there.

People have just been kicking and hoping, and there hasnt been much strategy applied to peoples gameplay.

I would expect people to test different approaches as they're able to practise more on their own terms..

:D just rang EB games in morwell where i preordered AFL live and there not having a Midnight on the 20th release but its definately coming out on the 21st of april :)

Sorry if this has been asked,

As you can in Fifa 11, can you use the D-Pad or whatever to push your team up or down the ground?

Or question two, are there any AI settings for your controlled team that you can set before the game or pause ingame for that matter to play on or off the man, play down the corridor, or a go wide style gameplan or is it basically just fixed?

Thanks in advance.

My excitment for this game is at stupid levels and commandeering the Toll Ipec truck heading down the Western Highway full of AFL Live for retailers is not out of the question! lol

Ice9ine:

D-Pad button as far as I'm aware is used to make interchange moves.

Unsure about 'ingame' strategies, havent attempted to test

It's a pity I don't care enough to prove you wrong.

Yep, that's totally what it is. It's not that you can't prove me wrong, obviously that's not it.

But enough about calling you out for pretending and to get back on topic.

I'm really looking forward to having mates over to play this online against others with all of our favourite teams, and maybe with one or two custom teams just for laughs.

Not long now!

I don't blame you for not believing me.
After all BigFooty is about 80% trolls.

I just wouldn't waste my time posting it if it wasn't true.

All I said was I know the game has been released to a select group. Aka people who work for some of the relevant organisations. I didn't say I had the game.

As mentioned before, the up the guts play is mainly due to human v human and people just moving it quickly at a novice level. After playing it for a while, I started using the wings more, as you find more space to run (up the middle you have to kick quickly or handball, and risk turning it over more).

Also, the AI will employ actual teams' tactics. Ross pointed out to me that Collingwood play and around the boundary type game.

Should be a good mix of styles to make it realistic.

yeah sounds awesome cant actually wait its been a long time since the last afl game.
and ill tell ya ill be using all of the field.lol

Also, the AI will employ actual teams' tactics. Ross pointed out to me that Collingwood play and around the boundary type game.

Hopefully they nail Brisbane's gameplan.

i.e.
- players handballing to the feet of teammates in a worse position than themself
- players losing their feet in contested situations
- long, high hospital kicks into the forward line
- players taking forever to kick the ball in after a behind, chip kicking it laterally 12 metres to a teammate, being called to play on, then panicking and banging it long to the opposition ruckman

If so, points for accuracy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back