AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 19 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i dont have the game yet , but from everything ive seen and now heard (commentary) the game looks no better than any of the previous incarnations - footy factory seems to have potential but apart from that it looks real average

i know everyone who has playtested it or now even got it has jizzed their pants over it but is that just purely because its finally a new AFL game to play?

i will buy this and give it a crack - but my hopes arent too high at all

Is the gws giants logo available from the footy factory, also how about the rookie Al is it very easier to legend

i dont have the game yet , but from everything ive seen and now heard (commentary) the game looks no better than any of the previous incarnations - footy factory seems to have potential but apart from that it looks real average

i know everyone who has playtested it or now even got it has jizzed their pants over it but is that just purely because its finally a new AFL game to play?

I'm with you there.

I agree :( But I'm excited about it none the less. But tbh that is probably mostly just the fact it's AFL. I will go in with low expectations so I don't end up disappointed. Having said that I haven't played the game and a lot of people love it.

Far from it, the gameplay does look a bit scrappy like the old games, but that's because everyone is new to it, the controls are intricate and subsequently will take a while to get used to.

Many people including myself have played some of the old AFL games before and after playing this new one and can vouch that this is much, much better.

if it wasnt for the stadium detail you could be excused for thinking you were watching AFL2005

I can see how a 4v4 online might work better, players actually moving where they should, but yeah, the gameplay there doesn't look too dissimilar to past games at all. Get ball, tackle. Get ball, tackle. Run away from the ball...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor comments. Clearly looks like it plays 100 times better than previous games. I couldnt give 2 shits about commentary. gameplay is key - and this looks like it nailed it. Christmas can also be shit if you look negatively at it.

I must say though the stadium quality is amazing. I actually feel like I'm looking at the Lockett end when someone kicks out.

A few questions.
How would people judge the game's longevity given the lack of "game modes"?
Can you watch the AI verse each other? I would love for someone to film a Collingwood vs Collingwood.

I must say though the stadium quality is amazing. I actually feel like I'm looking at the Lockett end when someone kicks out.

A few questions.
How would people judge the game's longevity given the lack of "game modes"?
Can you watch the AI verse each other? I would love for someone to film a Collingwood vs Collingwood.

Stadiums look really great. The last video that has been posted is AI v AI.

Maybe it isn't a "spectator" game. It probably has to be played to be appreciated.

spot on in my opinion. having seen all the videos i wasnt too sure about it but i went to the final playtest on friday and the game is fantastic. didnt get to hear the commentary but the gameplay and general flow of the game is great, something i didnt notice in the videos. cant wait to play it in my own house

The gameplay of that WC vs Freo looked average, it kinda looks scrappy and most of the ruck contests I've seen in any gameplay the ruckman looks like a ******* moving his arm back all that way and forwards so quickly. One thing I enjoyed by the AI was that he stood there, play on was called, then he kicked.

as i said everyone seems to be jizzing their pants which seems positive - guess i will have to see for myself

im just yet to see an inspiring video of gameplay yet

there are definately flaws, the short passing game is tough unless you get a decent camera angle and the AI just nail it every time which can be frustrating, Im not 100% sold on it lasting too long as a single player, looking forward to going online, missed an invite from Ross tonight, cant believe it that badge was mine!

but so far so good, its got a good learning curve, the graphics are good, the stadiums look fantastic, you can live with the commentary and the fact Ive just turned it off after starting at 1pm proves that it has legs to keep you going for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back