AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 19 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Agree with Census. I'm not pissed, I'm just jelous i didn't find someone selling early. Also Glenno congratulations man, i added you and i'm filled with jelousy but also thankful because i got to see what it looks like when someone is playing it. I also have some questions about the achievements. When doing the banana from the boundary, do you have to be outside the line or just close to it??

Just got that achievement in the last qtr with Tambling. Picked up the loose ball from the boundary, ran in a little, used the kick modifier for the banana and up popped "fruity"

He baby sits a business*. He doesn't run it

I do run it. I'm the SM

Pretty much
My issue isn't in what he's done, it the way in which he has arrogantly flaunted it on here
Also now have zero respect as he won't apologize, instead needs Ross to do that for him
It is people like him that I refuse to go to EB anymore

I did say that i shouldn't have posted it, but again hindsight is lovely

I didn't ask Ross to post what he did, but i'm thankful

I was just trying to stop a competitor from selling whats not meant to be on sale until the 21st, and the fact that i don't have the stock is more annoying and even more reason for me want to sto it. Yes i want to maximise my sales and not let someone else sell what i dont have

I worded it wrong on here and for that i am sorry.

But i'm not sorry i have the game. Luck has fallen my way this time and i get to play a game first for once, as opposed to getting smashed by hundreds of customers all day and then being too tired to play a game properly

Looking forward to taking Ross' badge tomorrow!

So now that Glenno has it and ADSL claims to have it.
Is it likely EB will break the release? And when could we see EB's in Vic metro getting stock in?
EB stores will break the release individually.

Just because a Big W/Kmart/Target in WA are selling it does not mean a Victorian EB will start selling it.

If one near that EB does, then they will be allowed to

I think people need to chill out, the game isn't to far away. I'm thankful it didn't come out yesterday, as I now have a week to mark assessment and plan lessons before I spend my second week on school holidays in front of the xbox 360!

I have a question for Glenno, when you price match with EB, does the game have to be in stock at your local say Big W....or will they price match it regardless?

Ross,

How many copies of the game have to be sold for it to be announced that the due date has been broken? does glenno's purchase qualify as a break, or do there have to be multiple sales from one outlet?

Are you ****ing serious?

If you've followed the thread you'd be aware the enormous lengths Glenno's gone to, so that he can get as many preorders as possible, and when someone is breaking the rules that has already taken away one preorder for him, and likely many more if he didnt stop it, he's well entitled to do what he did.

It feels like some of you people feel that Glenno should have put a sign up in his store saying "Cancel Your PreOrder for AFL Live and Go Buy It From One Of My Major Competitors!"

Ah yeah i am serious. I'm not disputing the fact that is entitled to do what he did. Or that he has the game, or that he is playing. Good luck to him. I really think your being a little dramatic with how much of a effect this particular game being sold early with have on his store.

If he still has copies of it sitting there in 3 - 4 weeks, i will take it all back.

It was his responsibility to buy it as part of his job once he knew it was for sale.

He didn't *need* to play it, however once he decided to do so there was a very good chance he would have been found out as you can see him playing it on XBLA, I would have seen him for one, he was at least making it clear that he did not use a copy from the EB shop or use his influence to get an early copy.

Yep, part of our "street date" break procedure is going to the offending store to buy a copy and send a copy of the purchase receipt to our buying team in head office

This has been done, and said details have gone onto HES

I think you'll find once all retailers confirm their stock has arrived, that the game will be for sale. This is my guy feeling now

EB stores will break the release individually.

Just because a Big W/Kmart/Target in WA are selling it does not mean a Victorian EB will start selling it.

If one near that EB does, then they will be allowed to

Are you ****ing serious?

If you've followed the thread you'd be aware the enormous lengths Glenno's gone to, so that he can get as many preorders as possible, and when someone is breaking the rules that has already taken away one preorder for him, and likely many more if he didnt stop it, he's well entitled to do what he did.

It feels like some of you people feel that Glenno should have put a sign up in his store saying "Cancel Your PreOrder for AFL Live and Go Buy It From One Of My Major Competitors!"

He might as well have put the sign up. I can imagine if people find out Big W etc have it in store tomorrow, they'll be cancelling their pre-orders with EB and buying it from another store. He already took a sale away from himself by buying the game from another store. Hell, I'd do the same, but after all of the times he said about people being patient and waiting for the actual release because it'd ruin his precious launch day, it's so aggravating for him to come on here and flaunt the fact that he has the game. It doesn't seem like he loves EB that much.

I can't believe how much people kiss up to Glenno. Going to "enormous lengths" to promote the game...that's a bit far fetched. I'm sure he's put in a lot of effort, but I don't think that it requires people to be constantly praising him.

I think people need to chill out, the game isn't to far away. I'm thankful it didn't come out yesterday, as I now have a week to mark assessment and plan lessons before I spend my second week on school holidays in front of the xbox 360!

I have a question for Glenno, when you price match with EB, does the game have to be in stock at your local say Big W....or will they price match it regardless?

Depends on your store

I price match regardless, as i like to keep every customer that comes into me happy. Technically, we're not meant to

But most won't check if you have a pic or catalogue

He might as well have put the sign up. I can imagine if people find out Big W etc have it in store tomorrow, they'll be cancelling their pre-orders with EB and buying it from another store. He already took a sale away from himself by buying the game from another store. Hell, I'd do the same, but after all of the times he said about people being patient and waiting for the actual release because it'd ruin his precious launch day, it's so aggravating for him to come on here and flaunt the fact that he has the game. It doesn't seem like he loves EB that much.

I can't believe how much people kiss up to Glenno. Going to "enormous lengths" to promote the game...that's a bit far fetched. I'm sure he's put in a lot of effort, but I don't think that it requires people to be constantly praising him.

Part of me buying the game means i return it to EB and get my money back i paid at target, i then pick up my order. But i'll keep the copy i got from target and my unwrapped one will stay in the store, but i'll still get me money

I bought the game to get the receipt, what was i meant to do? Not play it?

Yes i shouldn't have spoken on about it here, but i wanted to make sure the people on my friends list didn't think EB had it, or that i did something dodge, so i told the truth.... :eek:

thanks guys for leaving me with 10 pages to read while im away watching the Tiges valiant effort,
Have fun Glenno, you seem to have earned it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

soooo many idiots

oscar_the_grouch_from_sesame_street.png

My JB has it in stock, asked them today. However wont put it on the shelfes until street date is broken.

Plan for tomorrow: Call Big W, Target, hell even Woolworths and any small video game stores I can find. I will be getting the reciept and photo copying it onto here for you guys. Do with it as you will. Lets hope luck falls my way tomorrow with this as I am honestly quite pissed off now considering what has happened. Hell why doesn't he put this much effort into other games eh?

Part of me buying the game means i return it to EB and get my money back i paid at target, i then pick up my order. But i'll keep the copy i got from target and my unwrapped one will stay in the store, but i'll still get me money

I bought the game to get the receipt, what was i meant to do? Not play it?

Yes i shouldn't have spoken on about it here, but i wanted to make sure the people on my friends list didn't think EB had it, or that i did something dodge, so i told the truth.... :eek:

Ah ok, I didn't understand it was part of your job to do that. Sorry about that.

Still, damn you for having it!!! :p

So glenno youve actually sent the reciept meaning the gqme will be released early right? So you are doing us all a favour anyway.

My JB has it in stock, asked them today. However wont put it on the shelfes until street date is broken.

Plan for tomorrow: Call Big W, Target, hell even Woolworths and any small video game stores I can find. I will be getting the reciept and photo copying it onto here for you guys. Do with it as you will. Lets hope luck falls my way tomorrow with this as I am honestly quite pissed off now considering what has happened. Hell why doesn't he put this much effort into other games eh?

I do. Its just this one is by far the most popular to talk about here

I have had more orders for many other games over AFL. This just generates a lot more interest on a footy site

I have more pre orders on our ranked games than any other store in the company

You think its just this i focus on?

So glenno youve actually sent the reciept meaning the gqme will be released early right? So you are doing us all a favour anyway.
Nah dude he's sent it in to have the game stopped being sold and the corresponding store maybe fined for this. He wants the 21st release date bad. I'm currently shitting bricks because of how pissed hes made me, saying to people relax and be patient, now look at him. Lost alot of respect for him.

Ah ok, I didn't understand it was part of your job to do that. Sorry about that.

Still, damn you for having it!!! :p

Its cool. I understand the furore. But its very cool having a game before everyone else for once

This. There is more of a chance of it breaking now than there was before

I do. Its just this one is by far the most popular to talk about here

I have had more orders for many other games over AFL. This just generates a lot more interest on a footy site

I have more pre orders on our ranked games than any other store in the company

You think its just this i focus on?
Honestly Glenno yeah you can get some freo players in, do you really think the people who preordered are going to care about getting it signed that badly? They can buy an signed hat off ebay for $10. Why you couldn't just get the street date broken really throws me down the wrong drain right now. To be fair most would come in if you sent out a text, hell you could call a few staff and theyre gonna be available on the day. Out of 15 staff that I saw mentioned or something like that surely 2 or 3 would say yes.

Nah dude he's sent it in to have the game stopped being sold and the corresponding store maybe fined for this. He wants the 21st release date bad. I'm currently shitting bricks because of how pissed hes made me, saying to people relax and be patient, now look at him. Lost alot of respect for him.

umad? ;)

I do want them to stop selling it. until i get my stock. Right now, they have an advantage and i don't want a competitotr to have one. thats how business runs. I want to be succesful and play on an even playing field, if i got the game, then i could compete, right now i cant and thats not fair

If you really get this fired up about a game, then you need to get more happening in your life mate. Its just a massive coincidence after what i posted, then a store in my centre starts selling it

Oh noes i lost the respect of a 12 year old, What shall i do?

Only people i care that respect me, are those close to me and those at work.

I don't have some vendetta against Glenno for getting it early, however it's the principle of things that's getting me a bit miffed.

The fact that Glenno has been campaigning against a release date break, and then purchases is what's worst. Saying everyone can wait a little longer etc etc.

I understand that it was Glenno's duty to provide proof of another store selling early, but it could have been done differently. He could easily have purchased it, scanned the receipt and sent it to his Head Office, then return the game to the store.

I know that it's a hassle to go back out and return it, but when someone has been so whole heartedly against it for so long, then does a backflip is the issue.

Honestly Glenno yeah you can get some freo players in, do you really think the people who preordered are going to care about getting it signed that badly? They can buy an signed hat off ebay for $10. Why you couldn't just get the street date broken really throws me down the wrong drain right now. To be fair most would come in if you sent out a text, hell you could call a few staff and theyre gonna be available on the day. Out of 15 staff that I saw mentioned or something like that surely 2 or 3 would say yes.

Cos i don't have the game to sell! thats why i cant get it broken. I want it stopped until i get stock

then they can sell it to kingdom come, and so can i. It can be even and fair. i have no problem with competition, i have aproblem when one gets an unfair advantage

If i had my stock today, i woulda just got permission tos ell it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back