AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 20 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow kicking out from a behind is hard. I've kicked a delibrate behind twice, resulting in a goal, out on the full twice, and kicked it straight up to the right and I managed to mark it (well obviously not paid) and then proceeded to kick it to their CHF.

Kicking I found hard at first but once you figure out how to lock on your kicks go more accurate. This game will take me some time to master the controls but im glad as it will be a experience in itself to get better at the game.

Played online against Collingwood before and the bloke was terrible, won 75-13 or something.

The momentum shifts are great when it's for you, but piss you off when they go against you! lol

Anyway, in terms of finding space and not getting tackled every second, in contests I usually spam handball a bit. Also, when running towards a ball against an opponent, giving the right stick a quick flick bumps them and allows you to get there nearly uncontested sometimes.

Hey guys 2 things
1. They so need to fix the quitting thing because everytime i get 100 pts in front they quit..

2. Am i #1 on the leaderboards for everyone on xbox 360? GT : ELiit3 x BeeTz??

I'm a little confused, can you edit your team and then take it into an AFL season, or do you have to do a custom season? I wanted to mess with Melbourne's list a little before I started up the competition.

Really loving this game, its awesome. Takes a little bit of time to get used to but once you get it its really cool, im glad that the harder difficulties are actually challenging, i can see myself playing this for a long time. And all those people complaining..... seriously get over it.

Top Stuff Ross & The Boys

Really loving this game, its awesome. Takes a little bit of time to get used to but once you get it its really cool, im glad that the harder difficulties are actually challenging, i can see myself playing this for a long time. And all those people complaining..... seriously get over it.

Top Stuff Ross & The Boys

Obviously you haven't played AFL 99... I'll sell you my PS1 and AFL 99 for $100 and you will get better value for money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross, considering you are about to patch the game (which is expensive/hard to implement) can you also fix two of the biggest issues my friends and I have found? Other than these two issues the game is great, good work:

1. Many people have mentioned sprinting. It was Saints vs Saints with Michael Gardiner running down the wing (not sprinting) and Brendon Godddard sprinting was barely gaining any ground over a 50-odd metre distance. That's the worst example, but it is really annoying most of us.
  2. The player lock on to the loose ball. FIFA has a lock-on radius where your player will continue going towards the ball no matter what direction you hold on the analog stick. This allows for quick break aways which is already made hard by the lack of speed differential in sprinting. We are finding you have to be directly on top of the ball before the game locks you on to the ball to pick it up.
Can these things be fixed in the patch, considering you are already having to make one? We are of the belief, and I'm sure many others are too, that this would remove all of our issues with the game. This is wishful thinking, but the talk from my friends is that they'll probably return it if they can't find a work around.
Also, is there a way to edit your team once and for all, for all game modes? I don't want to make changes before every single game online.

The learning curve on this game is rediculous. I don't know of any other sports game where you get hammered in the easiest mode. THought i was getting alittle better. Guess not. Tackling seems to be an issue. Goal kicking is still a bitch. Doesn't seem to make much sense.

hmmm that's bizzare cause im finding the it the opposite..up to veteran mode now. finally finding the CPU competitive.

Great effort this game is though.

A few queries for the Swans

Okeefe and Keiren Jack are both Left footers but in this game they are right footers. Unable to edit this.

love this game...

Game 1 - Professional Difficulty against AI

St Kilda 70
Essendon 57

Game 2 - Online

St Kilda 73*
Geelong 13
*cant remember exact scores, but I belted him

Game 3 - Veteran Difficult - Season (Round 2)

St Kilda 52
Richmond 77

reckon i've found my level.. put it on Veteran and try to see how i go.. it was close all the way until 4th Quarter.

bring on the online challengers!!!

Having a ball with this...Massive learning curve is good IMO...it's not like fifa where we have been drip fed controls over a number of years, we are having to work out everything in one go which will take time...

Funnily enough i havent had a problem with the sprinting that some have mentioned...seems fine to me...been able to run around players when using quick players and been able to run down guys and break from stoppages...no complaints!!!

I can understand the little "hang" when switching players...its hurt me a few times but im slowly working around it...you can sort of anticipate it a bit and when u do that it switches fine

Still having trouble with timing in marking and spoiling a bit but that will come and kicking out from behinds is giving me headaches...quite a few times im locking onto targets in the pockets and ill kick it and it will go straight up the guts to their CHF(i know that probably just me not doing something right)
All in all im impressed and having a ball

EdIT: What cameras are people using? Ive tried a couple and cant decide which i like the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back