AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have been you.... if your net went down anywhere between you and provider or from the provider to XBLA/PSN.

Unfortunately as people will pull cables we have to be tough on timeouts/dropped connections.

PS: Antony will ping you after his training tonight for a game, 8.30pm or thereabouts.

Ok. Thanks for that.

We may have to change the game to tomorrow night as 5pm-6pm was my only available time and the rest I am unavailable. 5:30 tomorrow sound good?

Ok. Thanks for that.

We may have to change the game to tomorrow night as 5pm-6pm was my only available time and the rest I am unavailable. 5:30 tomorrow sound good?

Sorry we've an appointment watching the blues end it for North :)

Just had the worst possible lagged game yet and the guy who i was playing had the decency to have two players on his side (not a big Issue) but when your up by 10 goals and i cant get the ball forward because of this lag your that worried that your gonna block all my shots even the one after the full time siren.

Mind you he was terrible at doing it missing by a fair bit but still come on where is the fairness in that (on Xbox as well)

Sorry we've an appointment watching the blues end it for North :)

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hope your not laughing because you think your a chance you have as much chance of making the finals as my team :p

Off topic:

Are you going?

I haven't downloaded the patch yet, can I still play online without the patch?
You won't be able to play online on the PS3 without the patch. It's 9MB, hardly going to break the bank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course sir, there every week flogging or not rain hail or shine.
These are the supporters that the competition needs more of. :thumbsu:

Very off topic, but I've got an absolutely rooted 24+ hours coming up. I live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and I'm going off into the city to watch the game tonight (no biggy, I do so every week in Melbourne), get home and start work at 1:00am, finish at 5:00am and struggle to get to sleep, wake up at 10:00am and go all the way over to Preston to do my Northern Bullants work, come home and write up the match reviews and then I can finally take a breath.

Also have some money on games tomorrow afternoon that I won't be able to follow so I won't know whether I'm out of pocket or not.

FML.

OK. I know I'm terrible at this game. I went Online to get my achievement or trophy and I got belted by 3 Red Ant Employees. My first game I played against a normal person I lost by 100 points but I scored 4 goals and was happy because the person I was playing clearly let me kick a few goals. But when I came up against the Red Ant Employees this was the result.

Game 1: 234 - 6 (10 Inside 50's)
Game 2: 170 - 0 (3 Inside 50's)
Game 3: 205 - 0 (3 Inside 50's)

Now I know that some of you are going to say "Practice More" or "You suck and you deserve it" but surely there has to be mercy from people when you are clearly playing someone who is still trying to learn the game. People should try to help other player have fun. Not totally destroying them. Like maybe not pressing the mark button every so often. I don't mind losing, I expect it but at the very least they should let noobs like me get inside 50 more than 3 frecken times. It got to the stage when I was holding onto the ball until the Umpire called play on just so I wouldn't get scored on. As Red Ant Employees they should be wanting people to play their game, not walk away from it. If my friends ask me if its worth playing AFL Online I would tell them flat out No because it just isn't fun. 3 Games for a total score of 609 - 6 is a downright joke.

There is definitely a power up.

There definitely isn't. You probably think there is a power-up because you are holding the button anyway.

Go into practice mode and take a closer look at it, the moment you press B/Circle your player will handball it, no power-up whatsoever, 10-15 metre handpasses can be dished with a simple tap of the button.

Mate you weren't playing bigant employees, you get that badge by beating someone who has it , surprised you managed to find someone who doesn't have it

OK. I know I'm terrible at this game. I went Online to get my achievement or trophy and I got belted by 3 Red Ant Employees. My first game I played against a normal person I lost by 100 points but I scored 4 goals and was happy because the person I was playing clearly let me kick a few goals. But when I came up against the Red Ant Employees this was the result.

Now I know that some of you are going to say "Practice More" or "You suck and you deserve it" but surely there has to be mercy from people when you are clearly playing someone who is still trying to learn the game. People should try to help other player have fun. Not totally destroying them. Like maybe not pressing the mark button every so often. I don't mind losing, I expect it but at the very least they should let noobs like me get inside 50 more than 3 frecken times. It got to the stage when I was holding onto the ball until the Umpire called play on just so I wouldn't get scored on. As Red Ant Employees they should be wanting people to play their game, not walk away from it. If my friends ask me if its worth playing AFL Online I would tell them flat out No because it just isn't fun. 3 Games for a total score of 609 - 6 is a downright joke.

As above, they were almost certainly not *Big Ant* (not Red Ant) employees, they just happened to have the badge.

doubt they were big ant employees...

but good on you for sticking around in those floggings

Ive had the game since day dot and the only genuine attempt i had at the big ant badge was last week and up by 4 goals nearing 3qt and the guy quit i then compared myself and his badges and then i started fuming

There definitely isn't.

There definitely is :p (This could go on forever)

Not sure about practice mode, but when your in an online match and you hold the left stick directly (and I mean directly) at a teammate who is >10 meters away, then hold the handball button without releasing it, your player will not handball as soon as the button is pressed. He will instead release the handball a second or two after the button is held.

I complete long handballs like this all the time, so I'm not sure how anyone can say that you can't :confused: If you tap the button in the above situation instead of holding it, your player will release the handball as soon as the button is pressed, but the ball will drop short of your target 9 out of 10 times.

Not just practice mode, I find that you can only tap the button in offline play as well (Quick Match, Season etc.), whenever I try to hold the button the ball is released immediately.

As I said also, long handballs are easily achieved for me by a simple tap of the button.

Is there anywhere that says it in the manual? (don't have the manual with me at the moment)

i haven't been on this website for a bit so i had a few questions
1. will you be able to use a xbox 360 controllor on the PC version
2. is the patch available for all Xbox 360's yet please answer.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back