AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Nick, I can't divulge anything at this point. I will post here whenever there is some news.

PS: Thanks for the kind words, always much appreciated :)

No problem mate and cheers or the response. Hopefully you'll be able to give us some more info over the next couple of months, as it'd be great to get an update on where you guys are at.

hey ross. are you able to let us know if theres been a decline of online users? as i seem to not be able to find players to play against. it seems like im the only one online

ps3 btw

hey ross. are you able to let us know if theres been a decline of online users? as i seem to not be able to find players to play against. it seems like im the only one online

ps3 btw

You are'nt the only one online but there are significantly less people online right now. I expect it will pick up again when the NAB/Full season gets underway.

Online was wrecked the day the patch allowed custom sides in, ba know this and took a poll, which heavily favored getting rid of custom sides but nothing was done about it. Therefore online stayed wrecked and will be until a new game is released

Hi Ross I know you love (hate!) questions like this but....is there any update on your post a few months ago that there could be something exciting to announce about changes to AFL Live's online play?

You said this a little bit after the patch came out I think. I can dig it up if needed.

ps3 btw
Same here.

It takes ages to find a match, and just about everytime I try, I come up against a custom team that's damn near impossible to beat. Annoying as hell.

Do people read the thread or just keep asking for updates everyday?

I should say that the main questions are

a) is there an AFL 2012?
b) is there a patch for AFL to include 2012 updates, rosters, etc..?

I cannot say anything as I am under a non-disclosure agreement, there is nothing anyone could post that would make me answer the questions any faster than I am legally bound to do.

That said, I understand the frustration, there's just nothing I can do about it.

Here's the post I was thinking about, from 1st Sept. A lot could have changed since then but hopefully there's some news around the corner in line with this. Patience is a virtue?

There is some fault for us allowing freedom online, however a lot of it goes to the nature of the people playing, which obviously we can't control. We have a lot of ideas that will improve the online community in whatever it is that we are currently working on ;)

On another note, Ross I just checked out the MCV awards wrap up, how did AFL go? Shame they did not have any placings, just the winner.

Here's the post I was thinking about, from 1st Sept. A lot could have changed since then but hopefully there's some news around the corner in line with this. Patience is a virtue?

On another note, Ross I just checked out the MCV awards wrap up, how did AFL go? Shame they did not have any placings, just the winner.

We were in there for the studio of the year, I don't think AFL Live was up for any awards specifically.

PS: It certainly is.... :)

a) is there an AFL 2012?

I cannot say anything as I am under a non-disclosure agreement, there is nothing anyone could post that would make me answer the questions any faster than I am legally bound to do.

That said, I understand the frustration, there's just nothing I can do about it.

So therefore you have information you just can't disclose it ;)

Curiously, has abnyone played a guy called gibbons or similar on Xbox live? Uses a custom Brisbane team which is made up of at least 10 custom players with maxxed stats. Wondering if anyone knows of the glitch? Impossible to beat with this team, unlike is previous actual custom team which i beat the last 5 times i encountered. Maybe Ross knows something about the glitch/bug that allows this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the no disclosure agreement for the 2012 edition or 2013? ;)

a) is there an AFL 2012?

So you can't legally disclose any information about your projects, but can you say when this non-disclosure agreement ends?

So you can't legally disclose any information about your projects, but can you say when this non-disclosure agreement ends?

Whenever the project finishes and even then some terms remain confidential indefinitely.

ross, im genuinely surprised that you would sign a nda ( assume with tru blu ) all the big companies drip feed information in regards to upcoming titles/dlc to gain consumer interest, you have always been forthcoming in the past and in my mind that helped bigant in actual sales, word of mouth is a very powerful tool. I feel that trublu didnt handle the release of afl live too well, in particular they were much to late to the table with media advertising and the social media side of things wasnt handled to well either. Im just wondering what benefits this nda brings to your company. i am not trying to be a smart alec, just genuinely interested to know why?

ross, im genuinely surprised that you would sign a nda ( assume with tru blu ) all the big companies drip feed information in regards to upcoming titles/dlc to gain consumer interest, you have always been forthcoming in the past and in my mind that helped bigant in actual sales, word of mouth is a very powerful tool. I feel that trublu didnt handle the release of afl live too well, in particular they were much to late to the table with media advertising and the social media side of things wasnt handled to well either. Im just wondering what benefits this nda brings to your company. i am not trying to be a smart alec, just genuinely interested to know why?

The reason why ross would sign an NDA, is that the publisher wants to control the info and reveals, "keeping the powder dry". The benefits a publisher like tru blu gives big ant are Capital, Distribution, and "Marketing". I would also agree that Tru Blu's Marketing was pretty bad, obviously there budget wouldn't be huge, but if Ross had been silent there wouldn't have been much buzz for afl live at all.

Yeah Ross got in a bit of trouble in the lead up to AFL live methinks. Ross, can you answer this question though?

Will the AI be improved in the next game? I think the AI was almost the biggest let down in the game as it really destroyed competitive games for me, when me and Jorel had even games they came down to who's AI had screwed up more which was pretty annoying.

I'd also really be hoping for more options in regards to controlling your AI team mates, like being able to tell them whether to go for the man with the ball etc. etc.

The reason why ross would sign an NDA, is that the publisher wants to control the info and reveals, "keeping the powder dry". The benefits a publisher like tru blu gives big ant are Capital, Distribution, and "Marketing". I would also agree that Tru Blu's Marketing was pretty bad, obviously there budget wouldn't be huge, but if Ross had been silent there wouldn't have been much buzz for afl live at all.

understand capital, distribution etc.. i do wonder what publisher in their right mind would not want the public to know of upcoming games?

understand capital, distribution etc.. i do wonder what publisher in their right mind would not want the public to know of upcoming games?

I think one reason may be if the game runs into trouble and gets scrapped for whatever reason there is no fallout.

where as if afl live had been announced and ross,bigant and tru blu had said "hey guys we have a new afl game coming out some time in month x or 20xx" and then the game was scrapped due too other projects or money problems or whatever reason the backlash would be astronomical.

ie people saying "why announce the game if it isnt coming out"

"thanks for getting my hopes up"

and so on.

It is easier to announce something when you are 110 percent certain that the game will be made/released

could anyone imagine the outrage on bigfooty alone if ross announced the new cricket game or afl game and then tru blu went belly up and the game/games were scrapped.

I think one reason may be if the game runs into trouble and gets scrapped for whatever reason there is no fallout.

where as if afl live had been announced and ross,bigant and tru blu had said "hey guys we have a new afl game coming out some time in month x or 20xx" and then the game was scrapped due too other projects or money problems or whatever reason the backlash would be astronomical.

ie people saying "why announce the game if it isnt coming out"

"thanks for getting my hopes up"

and so on.

It is easier to announce something when you are 110 percent certain that the game will be made/released

could anyone imagine the outrage on bigfooty alone if ross announced the new cricket game or afl game and then tru blu went belly up and the game/games were scrapped.

What - you mean just like Big Ant's cricket game? Ok ok......I'll let it go! :confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back