AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, you guys really think the next AFL game will be on next gen consoles?

Neither Sony nor MS have announced anything and denied everything. Whatever you hear and read is nothing but speculation by nerds and gaming sites trying to generate a half interesting article.

You will see no new Sony of MS console until at least 2014 at the earliest.

The next Bigant AFL game will be in the 2013 season on current gen consoles.

You heard it here first.

The next Bigant AFL game will be in the 2013 season on current gen consoles.

You heard it here first.
Umm, no.
I think it's highly likely to still be on current.

At worst I'm expecting an early 2013 release.

At best, September 2012.
You heard it there first.

And next-gen game consoles will 99% likely be announced at E3 2013.

I still don't understand why we are yet to been informed if whether AFL Live (2) will be released this year or next year. I see no reason to why that wouldn't want to inform us besides the fact that they are planning a release this year but haven't gained the necessary AFL licenses to be able to publish it yet. Ross, if AFL live were to come out next year, would we be informed about it or would we just be told the release date 2 months before the release.

There's going to be a release this year. Has to be. But the clock is definitely ticking.

I agree, it was around this time last year that AFL live was released. The season has just started, everyones putting there hand up to purchase the new one, surely it makes sense to release the AFL live 2012 pretty soon. I've got a good feeling it's not to far away:) fingers cross...

I agree, it was around this time last year that AFL live was released. The season has just started, everyones putting there hand up to purchase the new one, surely it makes sense to release the AFL live 2012 pretty soon. I've got a good feeling it's not to far away:) fingers cross...

Ohhhhhh boy. Here we go again...

What do you guys reckon that we are waiting on then. I just want to know if whether they have the licences yet to publish it.

What do you guys reckon that we are waiting on then. I just want to know if whether they have the licences yet to publish it.

Firstly yes they have the licences, believe it was a 5 year deal, and AFL live was the first 360/PS3 game under that deal, secondly its not a forgone conclusion that they will release another game this year, it cost ALOT of money to ship a game on 360 and PS3, not just marketing and distribution but QA and certification.

it is possible certification is "what we are waiting on", and then Tru Blu will announce and then do a 3 week "ad blitz" and release.

we must also understand this is not EA we are talking about this is a very low tier publisher operating on what i must assume are very low margins in a vey tough market

Firstly yes they have the licences, believe it was a 5 year deal, and AFL live was the first 360/PS3 game under that deal, secondly its not a forgone conclusion that they will release another game this year, it cost ALOT of money to ship a game on 360 and PS3, not just marketing and distribution but QA and certification.

it is possible certification is "what we are waiting on", and then Tru Blu will announce and then do a 3 week "ad blitz" and release.

we must also understand this is not EA we are talking about this is a very low tier publisher operating on what i must assume are very low margins in a vey tough market

You're right, but you're missing a bit of context. BA sunk several mill into the first release if I recall, getting the engine and basic gameplay in place. 'The foundation' as Ross calls it. The next version is an absolute lay down by comparison - a career mode, some fixes for online gameplay and some improvements to AI and that's you're next release. There will be some bitching about stuff that didn't get included but BA and TruBlue know we're all going to buy it and it will have cost a lot less time and money to develop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you and HBK are correct, was wondering if Ross could let us know if he has his hands on the new tech. :cool:

We are licensed Sony/MS/Nintendo dev's, you know I can't answer that, would love to but just can't :)

When I can talk I certainly will and will be happy to answer questions and give my POV on the hardware/software and retail/digital strategies. I think I have shown that I am more than willing to share knowledge/time, it just needs to be done with my contracts and NDA's in mind.

Pretty sure that Ross is itching to be given the all clear so he can talk about the new game and latest developments.

There won't be a new AFL Live game this year, and if there is I'll eat all 5 of my North Melbourne membership hats.

The market just isn't big enough for a new release every year, and the current version is still selling well at high prices so there's absolutely no reason to rush out another version. If anything there may be a patch update to fix some issues (fingers crossed they disable cutsom teams online) but I wouldn't bet on roster or player stat updates as that will be one of the big selling points for a future release.

Personally I hope they focus on releasing a new version every 2 years, that way they can focus their energy on AI/tech and features rather than player updates.

There's probably a reason why last year's release was just called "AFL Live". It can sit in stores and not be outdated when people go hunting for a game.

I'm not expecting a new game this year. Next year would be great. Fingers crossed for a possible roster update, though, but not holding my breath.

I genuinely will not be dissapointed if there is not a new version this year.

AFL live literally lives in my PS3. It is easily my most played game across both consoles and PC.

Imo it is the best sports game I have ever played. I know it's footy and that within itself makes it more enjoyable than fifa or whatever, but all in all it is and can be, a stunning sports game both on and offline.

I would like to see the new Tigers logo and lists across all teams but I can play this game how it is easily for another 1-2 years.

I know there is some issues, but damn BA nearly nailed this first go. Imagine refined versions.

I would be buying a new version day one like all of us, however until then AFL live will be my sports title for 2012.

Hmmm go figure Ross' mum posts on BF.

Just jokes. I played AFL Premiership 2007 here and there up until the release of AFL Live. So I recokn I could play this one for a very long time - I'm certainly a tragic and I know where you're coming from.

But I gotta say, online has completely lost me.

Yeah i was spewing i missed the first online season. By the time the second one rolled around everyone had already lost interest. Barely ever play online these days any more though, takes forever to find a match and when i do it's not normally worth it.

Did play an unranked game the other day with someone who kept bugging me nonstop for a game. Was finally online at the same time, went into the game, then for some reason he chooses a custom team to play against and joins my team. Wha? He was either really poor or was trying to lose because some of the things he was doing just baffled me. It seemed like he had someone playing for the custom team too but there were no player markers so i assumed not.

Why cant we start another comp?

It seems there are plenty of loyal players still that are more than willing to play online but just want a decent, fair game.

For God's sake add me for a start if you want some fair online matches.

Im far from the worlds best but I can play a half decent game with my standard Tigers side.

Ice9ine on PS3.

Why cant we start another comp?

It seems there are plenty of loyal players still that are more than willing to play online but just want a decent, fair game.

For God's sake add me for a start if you want some fair online matches.

Im far from the worlds best but I can play a half decent game with my standard Tigers side.

Ice9ine on PS3.

No reason why not,

If you want to run one, there is a whole sub forum dedicated to it. :)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back