AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 27

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the game engine was pretty much the same as 2011 but now they can work on the bells and whistles (apologies if ignorant about game engines :p).

There will be some changes to the engine I think, Whilst it was a great and fantastic game it still wasn't perfect (Although I have faith in BigAnt)

Haven't played in ages and never got the 2012 DLC but from what I remember, it's the AI that needs the most work. Offline was WAAAAY too easy on the hardest difficulty setting, and online you couldn't find a bunch of more useless AI teammates in another sports game anywhere. "What's that? You want me to stay on my man or protect some space? **** that, I'm running straight at the ball carrier!"

Ross knows I love him though and I'm sure he'll fix this....along with the super custom teams and add a 'Be a Pro'. ;)

Haven't played in ages and never got the 2012 DLC but from what I remember, it's the AI that needs the most work. Offline was WAAAAY too easy on the hardest difficulty setting, and online you couldn't find a bunch of more useless AI teammates in another sports game anywhere. "What's that? You want me to stay on my man or protect some space? **** that, I'm running straight at the ball carrier!"
Just because you couldn't beat me you don't have to make up excuses about 'useless AI'.:rolleyes:;)

Just because you couldn't beat me you don't have to make up excuses about 'useless AI'.:rolleyes:;)
Ease up there cowgirl! :eek:

Lol, don't get me wrong though, you know I love the gameplay in general and it was easy enough to get used to controlling the players off the ball to stop them running in, but ideally for the next game, AI players would mind their opponent more often than not in obvious situations.

From memory, the other thing that needs some tweaking IMO is the whole marking/spoiling system. Again, not that I couldn't get used to it but just thought it felt a bit flat and unpolished compared to other key areas of the game. I know it's been explained a billion times but I still seem to scratch my head a bit when I think of how the game managed to be released without the bump/jostle feature working (for those who don't know, initially the right stick spoiled without having to hold LT/L2, making it so you couldn't bump or jostle) but now that I think back on it, I kinda wish they never fixed it o_O

Hey guys,

Check out this video that Hawks TV just posted of some of the players partaking in a photoshoot for an 'AFL Video Game'.

This must mean that there have been some developments in the next iteration of AFL Live. And although this is just speculation one can assume that the next game must be towards the end of this year, if not early next year.

Not sure whether or not there was a thread on this, but saw on the hawks website today that they were taking photos for a New AFL video game. Does anyone know any details? Surely it would have to be better than the unloved red headed step child that AFL live was...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Live is by far the best AFL game out there.

The sequel is being made by the same company and will build on the huge success that the original saw.

If you use your eyes you will notice there is a whole "AFL Games" sub-forum here on the Video Games forum.

Lastly, being shit at a game does not make a game shit.

Yes, AFL Live is ranked no.1 of a total of 1 AFL games out there. Great achievement.

Game was probably the worst game I have ever played on the ps3 (I was very good at it). Most people just got on that Bigant's dudes nuts and never let go.

edit: good luck to them in their new venture.

AFL Live is by far the best AFL game out there.

The sequel is being made by the same company and will build on the huge success that the original saw.

If you use your eyes you will notice there is a whole "AFL Games" sub-forum here on the Video Games forum.

Lastly, being shit at a game does not make a game shit.

It was pretty shit and I was awesome at it.

Yes, AFL Live is ranked no.1 of a total of 1 AFL games out there. Great achievement.

Game was probably the worst game I have ever played on the ps3 (I was very good at it). Most people just got on that Bigant's dudes nuts and never let go.
Everything....every single sentence you just wrote.....is crap.

1. Best AFL game EVER made (not just current gen)
2. You were not very good at it, hence why you insist on wrongly claiming it to be a terrible game.
3. The feedback on the game, even since the demos at several EB games stores before the official release, has very much been mostly positive.

Note that the game did extremely well on the market, even well after it's initial release with the follow up AFL Live: GOTY Edition, so much so that we are lucky enough to be getting a sequel at all when we wouldn't even have an AFL game this gen if it weren't for Big Ant Studios and the kahoonas they've shown in taking up a project which will largely only sell in a single and relatively small country.

Fun Fact: Did you know that the entire development cost of making AFL Live is equivelant to that which EA Sports used on FIFA 11's main menu?

Well, now that you know who's making the sequel, please proceed to pretend you are not interested while slyly maintaining a conscious eye on it's progression in the AFL Games sub-forum.

2. You were not very good at it, hence why you insist on wrongly claiming it to be a terrible game.
3. The feedback on the game, even since the demos at several EB games stores before the official release, has very much been mostly positive.

Note that the game did extremely well on the market, even well after it's initial release with the follow up AFL Live: GOTY Edition, so much so that we are lucky enough to be getting a sequel at all when we wouldn't even have an AFL game this gen if it weren't for Big Ant Studios and the kahoonas they've shown in taking up a project which will largely only sell in a single and relatively small country.

Fun Fact: Did you know that the entire development cost of making AFL Live is equivelant to that which EA Sports used on FIFA 11's main menu?

Well, now that you know who's making the sequel, please proceed to pretend you are not interested while slyly maintaining a conscious eye on it's progression in the AFL Games sub-forum.

Do you have Big Ant stock?

You were?

And that's not what I recall you saying at the time of the game's peak...

Link to said post please.

What would a games peak have to do with my skills anyway?

It's possible I started shit but you know improved and got better. It's not exactly a challenging game.

I should have probably prefaced all this by saying that I'm really only speaking of the Multiplayer facet of the game. I've probably wrongly assumed that everybody already knows and accepts that the AI in single player on this game is atrocious. In a nut shell, SP is boring ad very easy.

Multiplayer on the other hand...:thumbsu: (only negatives are the 1v1 restriction and the near-unbeatable super custom teams)

Nut hugger alert. No need to get so defensive. Many, many people agree that AFL was a terrible game. I don't care how much they spent on it. Evidently they spent about 30 dollars on the commentary (in before another company did the commentary).

Nes Footy is arguably a better game.

I was very good at it, ask most people who I played here who I beat by 10 goals plus often, except HBK who I played once and beat by one point in a thriller! Still remember. I am more than capable of forming an opinion based on the actual features of a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back