AFL Live PATCH - Download now

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Live PATCH?

And what happens if you genuinely disconnect?

Well they can detect now days whether its a fault of their servers or the users end, so I'm sure they would not penalise the gamer if its their servers.

Alternatively if the gamer has drop outs from their internet then that's tough luck, you get the loss!

I just wish there was an optoin to change the button configeration on the controller. I would swap mark and tackle from TRIANGLE to R2 and make snap and torpedo just a one button press of the TRIANGLE. In that way it would also make spoil easier also by hitting L2 and R2 together.

I would also swap handball and goalkick with each other.

Also, as a side note, if we could adjust the difficulty and quarter length mid-season, that would be awesome..

THIS!
Some games are just more entertaining than others, top of the table clashes, rivalries. Would love to up the quarter length for a few matches in the sason.
Sadly, I don't think it's ranks on the priority list at the moment.

That and the team selection layout would be all I'd add for change.

surely this wouldnt be to hard to fix but ive found for custom seasons that the games dont change from home and away which i mean is if you play a team twice you always play them at home twice and another team away twice not home and away.

Well they can detect now days whether its a fault of their servers or the users end, so I'm sure they would not penalise the gamer if its their servers.

Alternatively if the gamer has drop outs from their internet then that's tough luck, you get the loss!

Its peer to peer, no servers..

Yeah all PS3 games are multi-region. That's a pretty stupid move from Big Ant to make the 360 game pal only, considering it is only coming out in Australia it's a really really silly decision.

Ross has already explained that Microsoft wouldn't let them make the game region free, because it is only being sold in one region, so the game must be locked to that region.

It's the same reason why the EA Sports NCAA Football series (think a College version of Madden) is always NTSC US region locked because it is only on sale in America, despite YEARS of begging by European and Aussie fans to have it made region free.

It's the same reason why the EA Sports NCAA Football series (think a College version of Madden) is always NTSC US region locked because it is only on sale in America, despite YEARS of begging by European and Aussie fans to have it made region free.

NCAA > Madden for the last 10yrs. Man, that sucks you guys can't grab that one. NCAA is easily a better franchise than Madden. Madden is so stale. NCAA takes any sort of new stuff Madden has done, makes it perfect, and adds in their own. The Madden development team is egotistical, and refuses to take any of the NCAA innovations.

Still no friggen patch
Calm down.

The patch was only finalised last week and it takes 5-7 days to get through approval. Probably expect it next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm calm champ, don't worry. Just tired of waiting. I was told wednesday or thursday this week so a little annoyed.
By who? Ross has never said that would be the date, it was only finalised last week...even then Ross said they had still been working on it.
Blame Sony for their lack of network security.
Getting the patch on 360 has nothing to do with Sony.

Will the Patch remove the flags waving in the crowd during game play? How annoying is that! I thought supporters only wave their flags after goals not during play.

Will the Patch remove the flags waving in the crowd during game play? How annoying is that! I thought supporters only wave their flags after goals not during play.

Not very much at all :eek:

Evan #9 said:
I'm calm champ, don't worry. Just tired of waiting. I was told wednesday or thursday this week so a little annoyed.

No one in their right mind was expecting the patch by now. Ross never stated it and I'm not sure why you'd believe anyone but him really.

Sorry if this has been mentioned but i cant be bothered going thru all the pages to find what the patch has on it. Can someone help?

By who? Ross has never said that would be the date, it was only finalised last week...even then Ross said they had still been working on it.Getting the patch on 360 has nothing to do with Sony.
I'm sure they didn't want to release one ahead of the other.

But it was said tongue in cheek

Some who post here expect to much from this game, seriously.
True. It's funny that people pressured BigAnt to get the game out earlier and are then critical when there are errors. We could have easily waited another year for career mode, improve stats and such but we've been given a product to play for the time being. This game being out will do wonders for the next version. I think this game is great and realistically, it's only a temporary game.

I agree with in xbox life you need time between quarters to move players

Also the team setup is so CRAP. Seriously go play afl98 it was so good. You could move players around easily drop players back in defence ect. its so confusing atm.

I think it was Ross who said sometime this week but I thought the general consesus from the main thread was that it was coming out last week or this weel, oh well. And actually, the PSN network being down does have something to do with the patch taking so long?
Nope it doesn't. The only thing that will delay the patch is if there is an issue in QA. Ross has said he'll release it on the 360 if need be simply due to the patch needing to get out and the potential for the PSN patch not to be coming for another 2 weeks.
Really?:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live PATCH - Download now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back