AFL Membership Vs Collingwood Club Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

But they did not go thru the Club for there Memberships

Dave you have Foxtel don't you ?

And are you able to then choose to watch some/all neutral (non Collingwood ) games during the season

Some people may prefer instead of having Foxtel to attend the odd neutral game with a mate who also has an AFL membership who follows a neutral team , AFL membership is for 40 games , that is 17 Collingwood and 23 others of your choice for $600

Dave you have Foxtel don't you ?

And are you able to then choose to watch some/all neutral (non Collingwood ) games during the season

Some people may prefer instead of having Foxtel to attend the odd neutral game with a mate who also has an AFL membership who follows a neutral team , AFL membership is for 40 games , that is 17 Collingwood and 23 others of your choice for $600

Yes and the Sport is the Only Reason I have Foxtel.

I also live to far away to go to Non-Collingwood Games and Plus VFL and AFL are on 2 Different Days

AFL full membership does sound like pretty good value. Can you sit on level 2 of Olympic Stand or is all AFL member seating at Great Southern Stand?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Southern Stand only. Although like the MCC, you are allowed into the public areas so if there's GA in the Olympic...

I'm going to take this up with the AFL.
All other clubs give the same to AFL Members what it does to club members.
I'm going to ask the AFL not to allow Collingwood to count us in their membership tally.
I have hardly missed a game in the last 10 years.
I might out of principle consider changing club support so they don't get a cent out of me next year.
I can still go to any 40 games of my choice and go to all Collingwood games.
I have 5 memberships and the club would get at least $500 from me.
Not to give you a stupid cap is laughable.
The club has 12,000 AFL Members.
There is no membership that is comparable to it in value.
We get better seats than Legends Members who pay much more.

Imagine you changed your club support and that specific year Collingwood made the GF. To rub salt in the wounds all the GF AFL members allocated tickets were sold to Gold club support members.

That would be devastating.

I'm going to take this up with the AFL.
All other clubs give the same to AFL Members what it does to club members.
I'm going to ask the AFL not to allow Collingwood to count us in their membership tally.
I have hardly missed a game in the last 10 years.
I might out of principle consider changing club support so they don't get a cent out of me next year.
I can still go to any 40 games of my choice and go to all Collingwood games.
I have 5 memberships and the club would get at least $500 from me.
Not to give you a stupid cap is laughable.
The club has 12,000 AFL Members.
There is no membership that is comparable to it in value.
We get better seats than Legends Members who pay much more.
Geelong also now charge AFL members with Geelong support an additional fee if they want a reserved seat package.

The Geelong membership bloke made a pointed statement that they don't consider AFL members to be club members, saying that for much too long that the AFL mbers have been getting a better deal than actual Geelong members.

It is what it is, you ditch the Pies to get a better value offer from the league...a bit rich to then sook about the club who you supposedly support who you have been undercutting for years.

You give $600 to the AFL, Collingwood gets what 20% of that at $125.

Spend $600 on a Pies membership, but then you hv to give up all the additional bonuses and finals access so you want do it.

Bout time the clubs fought back against the AFL who are directly undercutting the clubs main revenue stream...club membership.

Geelong also now charge AFL members with Geelong support an additional fee if they want a reserved seat package.

The Geelong membership bloke made a pointed statement that they don't consider AFL members to be club members, saying that for much too long that the AFL mbers have been getting a better deal than actual Geelong members.

It is what it is, you ditch the Pies to get a better value offer from the league...a bit rich to then sook about the club who you supposedly support who you have been undercutting for years.

You give $600 to the AFL, Collingwood gets what 20% of that at $125.

Spend $600 on a Pies membership, but then you hv to give up all the additional bonuses and finals access so you want do it.

Bout time the clubs fought back against the AFL who are directly undercutting the clubs main revenue stream...club membership.
giphy.gif

dPJpYxv.gif

I thought getting a Reserved Seat Membership Guaranteed you Tickets to all Finals Except the GF that Collingwood are in

I thought getting a Reserved Seat Membership Guaranteed you Tickets to all Finals Except the GF that Collingwood are in
Yeah, but AFL membership also enables you to go to any finals...say Carl v Richmond at the G.

It is a much better value membership, but how on earth is an individual club meant to compete?

Collingwood has no ability to sell tickets to games not involving Collingwood.

AFL members are deliberately shafting their club, to get a better ticket for them self.

Would an AFL member, with Collingwood support, still get AFL membership if Collingwood folded?

doppleganger I take offence at "AFL members are deliberately shafting their club, to get a better ticket for them self".
I am an AFL member and a Collingwood Social Club Member.
I became an AFL member as I was guaranteed a Grand Final ticket and have been to many finals and Grand Finals.
I retained my Social Club Membership essentially as a donation to the club as I don't any other benefit from it.

PS: I lied; I get a cap with my Social Club Membership.:rolleyes:

doppleganger I take offence at "AFL members are deliberately shafting their club, to get a better ticket for them self".
I became an AFL member as I was guaranteed a Grand Final ticket and have been to many finals and Grand Finals.
I retained my Social Club Membership essentially as a donation to the club as I don't any other benefit from it.

You agree with me, you get the better deal with finals and GF access...irrespective of whether Collingwood is playing.

To support Collingwood, you double up with the continued purchase of the Pies social club membership...even though you dont get any real benefit as it doesn't offer as much as AFL membership.

If AFL membership didnt exist, would you be a fully paid up Pies social club member?

If Collingwood folded, would you still be an AFL member?

Yeah, but AFL membership also enables you to go to any finals...say Carl v Richmond at the G.

It is a much better value membership, but how on earth is an individual club meant to compete?

Collingwood has no ability to sell tickets to games not involving Collingwood.

AFL members are deliberately shafting their club, to get a better ticket for them self.

Would an AFL member, with Collingwood support, still get AFL membership if Collingwood folded?

I only go to Collingwood Games so getting Access to other Games does not really Appeal to me

Nice to have the Money to do Both. Not everyone can do that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You agree with me, you get the better deal with finals and GF access...irrespective of whether Collingwood is playing.

To support Collingwood, you double up with the continued purchase of the Pies social club membership...even though you dont get any real benefit as it doesn't offer as much as AFL membership.

If AFL membership didnt exist, would you be a fully paid up Pies social club member?

If Collingwood folded, would you still be an AFL member?
You missed what I took offence at.
The rest I potentially agree with, hypothetically I wouldn't be a member of anything if we folded.

I only go to Collingwood Games so getting Access to other Games does not really Appeal to me
Yeah, as it is an AFL membership...it enables you to watch all teams and has the big kicker of finals and GF access.

If you are only keen on supporting Collingwood than getting a direct club membership is the way to go.

If you would rather get finals access and ability to rock up to any game, then get an AFL ticket.

But if you shift from Collingwood to AFL, must be noted that despite you coffing up $600 only a small portion ends up with Collingwood, so the club loses out for you to enjoy some finals and neutral games.

Weird systen where a league undercuts its clubs!?

Nice to have the Money to do Both. Not everyone can do that
I understand that.
To say someone is deliberately shafting the club is a bit rough though.
People may have an AFL membership as they like to see other games with their friends.

Yeah, as it is an AFL membership...it enables you to watch all teams and has the big kicker of finals and GF access.

If you are only keen on supporting Collingwood than getting a direct club membership is the way to go.

If you would rather get finals access and ability to rock up to any game, then get an AFL ticket.

But if you shift from Collingwood to AFL, must be noted that despite you coffing up $600 only a small portion ends up with Collingwood, so the club loses out for you to enjoy some finals and neutral games.

That is stupid by the AFL to Undercut the Clubs. Espically for the Poor Clubs.

I got a Collingwood Membership instead of AFL because I only go to Collingwood Games and I read you get Tickets to all Collingwood Finals Except for the GF

I understand that.
People may have an AFL membership as they like to see other games with their friends.

Fair Enough and that be more for People who live near the City

You missed what I took offence at.
The rest I potentially agree with, hypothetically I wouldn't be a member of anything if we folded.
That is the conundrum though...if all Collingwood fans took up the better offer of AFL membership then Collingwood would suffer.

You pay extra with your social club, as a donation...your words.

Nothing wrong with taking the better value AFL or MCC membership...I am just pointing out that the clubs really hate them, that Eddie would want the 12K odd AFL members with Collingwood support to just be Collingwood members! The fact the league competes with a better offer hurts the clubs, as they dont get the membership $$ from their supporters.

I understand that.
Perhaps deliberately shating is harsh terminology.

But the end result ia that you cost the club you love $$, instead giving it to the AFL who spend it on expanding into GWS or paying Essendon's fines!!

Same

There are 12,000 AFL Members with Collingwood club support.
I have barracked for Collingwood for over 40 years.
I also enjoy my footy. I like to catch up with mates at the footy who barrack for other clubs.
I don't see how Collingwood is losing out even if they get $125 from each of my 5 memberships?
I have also been to every Grand Final since 2007 and we go to the Grand Final no matter who is playing.
I know some Bulldogs members who missed out on the raffle to get a GF ticket last year.
If clubs don't consider us as members, don't count us in their official figures.
Tell us - we don't want you or need you. Simple !

There are 12,000 AFL Members with Collingwood club support.
I have barracked for Collingwood for over 40 years.
I also enjoy my footy. I like to catch up with mates at the footy who barrack for other clubs.
I don't see how Collingwood is losing out even if they get $125 from each of my 5 memberships?
I have also been to every Grand Final since 2007 and we go to the Grand Final no matter who is playing.
I know some Bulldogs members who missed out on the raffle to get a GF ticket last year.
If clubs don't consider us as members, don't count us in their official figures.
Tell us - we don't want you or need you. Simple !

5 bulldogs fans lost because of you... their team hasn't participated in a gf for many years and they miss out on seeing them live because some neutral supporters want to brag about going to every gf since 2007.

Perhaps deliberately shating is harsh terminology.

But the end result ia that you cost the club you love $$, instead giving it to the AFL who spend it on expanding into GWS or paying Essendon's fines!!

This is the same club that pulls in $80 million a year in revenue, including from pokies, and is constantly making our membership packs cheaper & cheaper.

I love the Pies but let's not pretend these aren't corporations making big money.

Plus, had as being mentioned, a number of supporters do maintain add on packs with the club - I do.

5 bulldogs fans lost because of you... their team hasn't participated in a gf for many years and they miss out on seeing them live because some neutral supporters want to brag about going to every gf since 2007.

No different to neutrals buying tickets to the Super Bowl or FA Cup

Just like Aussies flying in denying life long supporters of teams in those comps the chance to see their team in a final

5hit happens

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Membership Vs Collingwood Club Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back