AFL MVP 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to see gaz win again but I don't think it would be right after all the time he missed. So my tip is buddy
He played 15 games so far ahead of the rest of the pack that they had to create a Brownlow market for who got the honour of coming 2nd, and after he got injured the Suns completely fell apart and their season collapsed.

That makes one the most valuable player in the league in my books.

I would be quite surprised if Ablett doesn't win it. I doubt the players voting are going to give much thought to him missing the last part of the season.

Majority of players wouldnt give it much thought at all. Alot watch maybe a couple of games a week at the most and only concentrate on teams the week before they play them. Some will vote for their mates and others to who they have heard most about during the year.

Pretty sure adam selwood got some votes from brisbane players because his brother played for Brisbane.

He played 15 games so far ahead of the rest of the pack that they had to create a Brownlow market for who got the honour of coming 2nd, and after he got injured the Suns completely fell apart and their season collapsed.

That makes one the most valuable player in the league in my books.
If we are going by that theory surely Jones wins it

I feel as though the voting for this award needs to change a bit, I believe we should have a 1/3rds vote players get 1/3rd say media gets 1/3rd say and the fans get their say as well, then we would really get a fair MVP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel as though the voting for this award needs to change a bit, I believe we should have a 1/3rds vote players get 1/3rd say media gets 1/3rd say and the fans get their say as well, then we would really get a fair MVP
But this is the AFLPA MVP Award. Hence why only the players vote.

This may be a bias statement but I reckon Gray will be right up there. I assume the players vote at the completion of the season and Gray got a fair bit of hype towards the back half so maybe might put him in the spotlight.

who is in the final 12
Buddy
Josh Kennedy
Joel Selwood
Jordan Lewis
Travis Boak
Scott Pendelbury
Gary Ablett Jnr
Nat Fyffe
Dyson Heppell
Patrick Dangerfield

Can't remember other 2