Game Day AFL R2 vs Gold Coast @ Metricon 5:40pm AWST 13 June 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there I was, laughing and rejoicing at another demolition of the demons by my beloved eagles. Beer in hand, Firefox up on my PC, life was good. Footy was back and my life was whole again. When suddenly the unthinkable happened..

Firefox Crashed.

No issue I thought, my preview write up wasn’t due for a few weeks, I had plenty of time to slap something together.. Little did I know that a mere software glitch would bring down the earth in a global pandemic. You see the shit tier football of one Melbourne Football Club somehow mutated into a virus that engulfed the world. Kids couldn’t hit a simple 50 metre pass on their local ovals, Quinz became something of a desirable male to multiple women. The world was going crazy.

The world is a different place in Round 2 of the AFL Season than it was in Round 1.

Our boys are stationed in a hub on the inferior coast of Australia for at least the next few weeks. Some say winter is the best time to visit QLD, but I don’t think you can ever trust someone who drinks XXXX, likes maroon, and thinks NRL is a superior sport. But still, Metricon will be our home for a while, there’s no getting around that.

Teams? Strategies? Ins and Outs? No idea. I’ll be sure to come back to you with actual information before Round 2 commences, but for now let’s just bask in the warming glow of our one true love

The Footy ❤️

Last edited:
Don't know about you guys but I don't think I've ever been so keen for a round 2 fixture!

The McGovern v King match up is one that really interests me for this one. At this point it seems like a 60/40 chance that Izak Rankine will debut for us so that's something that really interests me as well! We'll likely welcome back some experienced players like Harbrow and Sexton as well.

What I find really interesting is the recent results between our two clubs at Metricon. Last time we played each other at Metricon it was a tight Suns victory and the time before was a draw. So it would seem this could be closer than many may think when they first see the fixture.

What do you guys think?

I'm glad I have a few weeks to wrap my head around the fact that the next round of games is actually happening. I'm still feeling strangely numb about the whole concept of AFL footy atm, when really my appetite should be huge.
Round 2 is real and it's truly great news. And my enthusiasm will catch up soon I'm sure.

Don't know about you guys but I don't think I've ever been so keen for a round 2 fixture!

The McGovern v King match up is one that really interests me for this one. At this point it seems like a 60/40 chance that Izak Rankine will debut for us so that's something that really interests me as well! We'll likely welcome back some experienced players like Harbrow and Sexton as well.

What I find really interesting is the recent results between our two clubs at Metricon. Last time we played each other at Metricon it was a tight Suns victory and the time before was a draw. So it would seem this could be closer than many may think when they first see the fixture.

What do you guys think?
I'm expecting a tough slog in your backyard but if we're to win the flag this year this is a must win game. Eagles by 18 in a too-close-for-comfort game.

What do you guys think?
I imagine Barras will be playing on king rather than McGovern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you guys think?
Yeah

Any players who missed round 1 through injury in line for a call up? Jarrod Cameron perhaps?

Possibly but think needs to get back into some condition after loosing a fair bit with a serious groin injury. Think he is over it but one would think he would need to get some Kms in.

O Allen is one who might get a gig over someone like Waterman ?

We also might debut Baily to replace Hickey.

Are these games on FTA like they are usually. I cancelled Kayo purely because there's no sport and I'm not into footy as much as I used to. There's no point paying that much for 1 Eagles game a week.

Our Possible 22.

B: Schoey/Duggan, Barrass, Sheppard.
HB: Jetta, McGovern, Hurn
C: Sheed, Shuey, Gaff
HF: AhChee/Allen/Waterman, Darling, Cripps
F: Ryan, Kennedy, Petrucelle
FOLL: Nic Nat, Yeo, Kelly
I/C: Redden, Williams, Cameron/Hutch, Nelson

Note: Hutch should only play if he's tagging and against Gold Coast, not sure if there's anyone that needs tagging though. I don't think we need Hutch though, I reckon Petrol and Cameron can play in the same side and we don't need Hickey considering the reduced quarters and we can have a more athletic and mobile Williams should come in and play as a third tall forward and pinch hit for Nic Nat.

If we go with Schoey then it would free Gov up so he can play less man, more zone. Both Schoey and Barrass can go on either Day or King. If they play all three of Wright, King and Day then Gov will have to reduce the time he zones off and play on King more since Gov zoning off no matter what cost us several goals. Not sure about Duggan though.

We cannot underestimate the Suns since they've got good players coming in.

Darling and Schofield. Also apparently Simmo's family wont be joining him this hub period, if it extends any longer than what's been announced already be prepared for him to head back to WA for extended periods with assistants taking the reigns. It's going to be a wild season imo.

According to the Duff & Quarters podcast, Schofield would only be on match payments and wouldn't be paid much at all with the reductions, if he plays at all which is no guarantee. He also has business interests in WA as does his partner and if he is needed to play, he can surely just fly in as there isn't a quarantine period?

Darling would be a surprise though. Anti-vaxxer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back