Game Day AFL R2 vs Gold Coast @ Metricon 5:40pm AWST 13 June 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaff only 1 possession and 2 goals away from my prediction so I’ll call that a win
Liam Ryan was my prediction, and he finished with 0.4 and a scoreless snap from the goal square. Four of the five were absolute gimmes.

The logic was sound and the result was ****ing disgusting.

NicNat shouldve had 100 hit outs and 80 million marks v shit witt

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
That'll be the Jarrod Witts who averaged more hitouts per game last year than anyone in AFL history?

Criminally underrated ruckman.

I don't strongly disagree with this comment, based on tonight's performance...
That could almost describe the whole team going on tonight's lack of effort - one day Brander will get selected when the team plays well as a whole. IMO many of the players played lazy football tonight and perhaps thought they had won the match before the first bounce.

I don't believe they are.

Those losses were against superior opponents (the Bulldogs won the premiership 3 weeks later) and the quality of the squad at hand was not as good as what was available tonight.

In 2017 we had a midfield based around two players who were aged 32 and 35 respectively; problems late in matches were not wholly unexpected.

Tonight we had a near best available team playing - from a squad that is generally considered to be the strongest in the competition on paper.

Regardless of how good the kids may be, Gold Coast had lost 19 straight matches for a reason.

Yet we witnessed a team that is meant to be in premiership contention giving up when they were outworked by a younger, less experienced opponent.

There were no rallies, no fightbacks. They just stopped trying and let themselves become intimidated by the wooden spooners.

That is what makes this result so terrible.

As bad as tonight was, it remains to be seen how costly it proves to be this year. The instances in 2016 and 2017 I mentioned proved to be enormously damaging. Throw in last year's 'efforts' at the SCG and Round 23 against Hawthorn as well.

Has WC won a night game in QLD? If yes when was the last one and what's the record since? Also during that time what is the record of day games

Had a look into this - it doesn't read well either.

WCE-MatchesInQldsince2000.jpg

Since 2000, West Coast have played 21 matches in Queensland - 11 during the day and 10 at night.

The contrast between the two is quite shocking:
  • Day Matches: 9-2 (81.8% Win)
  • Night Matches: 2-7-1 (20% Win)

Considering two of the next three matches are at night in Qld, that record is very concerning.

Last edited:
Ok peeps, it’s time we move the discussion to positive (lol?) and negative thread 👍🏽

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back