Preview AFL Rd 21 - Pies vs Hawks - MCG Friday night - Changes (Pies unchanged) & Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 25, 2011
The Home of Football
AFL Club
Collingwood
So we go onto this game off the back of two sensational wins over sides that belted us the first time round. Time to make it three in a row.

Changes? Hard to make any based on tonight's performance. Have to wait and see how Seedsman, Krakouer etc go in the VFL tomorrow, but they'd want to play extremely well IMO.

If recent games against these pricks are anything to go by, they'll kick a dozen goals out of their backsides and get away with dropping the ball for the entire game.

I like the side, but if I had to force a change it would be Grundy out for Jolly or Hudson.

Grundy struggled in the second half with his fitness.

The real question is if we beat the hawks can we make top 4?

It would require Sydney to fall over and lose to both Geelong and hawthorn, while we win all our last three.
We can win all three, but the chances of freo or Sydney dropping enough games is pretty unlikely.
Regardless this v2 team with Keefe, Goldsack, Grundy, beams and ball, Harry back, Sinclair playing well down back, Reid forward, lynch 2nd ruck, Marley on fire, JT going in hard will be hard to beat even from outside the 8.
We still have Thomas to come back, Seedsman who can influence a game, and Krak ready if needed.
That's why maxwell has to go, hasn't contributed or influenced a game all season.

dropping those games against port, gcs and freo are really gonna hurt.

oh wells, just means we have to win 3 finals in a row. at least now we keep the momentum without having a week off after the first final if we had made top 4. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Macaffer
In: Seedsman

Fair shake of the sauce bottle!

He's just kept one of the absolute elite midfielders of the competition to 16 possessions (just 3 of those kicks) and you want to drop him for an outside player against a team that has bullied us in the past four outings...

Caff goes to Hodge if he's over that surgery of his and Mitchell if Hodge doesn't get up. To my change:

Out: Grundy
In: Hudson

Sorry big fella consecutive 6 day breaks heading into our most important match of the year and just the 4th of your career isn't exactly a recipe for success. We'll welcome you back the following week though when you and Huddo have another huge task.

I won't be surprised though if its Jolly that gets the call up. I get the feeling that we're playing funny buggers with him due to the 5 day break between the VFL game and next Fridays match. I wouldn't go with it because I personally think we can stick a fork in him, but the coaching staff are unlikely to share my view.

Fair shake of the sauce bottle!

He's just kept one of the absolute elite midfielders of the competition to 16 possessions (just 3 of those kicks) and you want to drop him for an outside player against a team that has bullied us in the past four outings...

Caff goes to Hodge if he's over that surgery of his and Mitchell if Hodge doesn't get up. To my change:

Out: Grundy
In: Hudson

Sorry big fella consecutive 6 day breaks heading into our most important match of the year and just the 4th of your career isn't exactly a recipe for success. We'll welcome you back the following week though when you and Huddo have another huge task.

I won't be surprised though if its Jolly that gets the call up. I get the feeling that we're playing funny buggers with him due to the 5 day break between the VFL game and next Fridays match. I wouldn't go with it because I personally think we can stick a fork in him, but the coaching staff are unlikely to share my view.

Yeah, fair enough. As soon as I posted it I though, 'Oh hang on, I am going to get smashed for this..". Withdrawn.

I also don't think this weekend's game it the most important game of our season. Sure, it will be nice if we win, but if we don't it is not the end of the world, as we won't finish top 4 anyway.

Funny post, Jack is still in a counselling session after last night and you want his tormentor dropped.

Yeah, as I said to the other post, will withdraw this recommendation. I think Caff has brought himself another week.

I just think we need more outside ability against the Hawks, who pin point targets if there is a metre of separation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 21 - Pies vs Hawks - MCG Friday night - Changes (Pies unchanged) & Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back