AFL Rising Star Ceremony

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt Shuey will give a shit tbh. Won't make a difference to his performance as he's a professional who would probably keep playing well regardless

Nothing wrong with a little extra motivation. I don't prescribe to the theory that you should be up for every match (although you would hope a finals series would be motivation enough) cue Maslow's hierarchy of needs. TBH im also trying to convince myself that Shuey will win the most possessions in his group this Saturday;)

If you guys loose to Collingwood and Ess beat Car, then they can go head to head and we'll see who the real Rising star should have been.

Fair enough. There was never a lot between them. Both had good season but some of the West Coast fans are saying that Shuey was robbed. How can one be robbed if there was not a lot in it to start with. By the way Congrats on having Shuey, Gaff and Darling poll. all will be stars (Although I hope one will play for Essendon :D)

Good to see a lot of respectful Essendon supporters :thumbsu: no doubt both are going to be stars, weither either finished first or second in the rising star.. Both are guns and add extra class to there respectful teams.

Now all I ask of you is too beat carlton this sunday, so we can put both youngsters on the same feild and watch there class the week after :D (Provided we lose to collingwood, though i dare dream differently :p)

Don't think Shuey would give a dam about it. It's not as if it is any coverted award. Well maybe it is for first year players?

Luke has been in the system for 3 years, he is a man and while he was still eligible it would of been nice but who really cares.

Both are good players.

AFL needs to change it to first year players only in my view.

Would be interested to hear the judges reasoning as to why Heppell all but swept the judges 5 vote selections

Don't get me wrong - he's a jet and a magnificent user of the footy - but no way he was almost a consensus winner.

I never like to lean on stats but Shuey's 20 PPG and a bit over a goal a game is hard to look past. Not to mention he's a top 3 kick in our side and has a lot of young Judd type attributes (eg his run and carry, ability to break tackles)

b2412baea1754776b5aa102a798da2e4.0.jpg

Its a simple as this. If you or any team for that matter, had the draft choice of Heppell or Shuey who would you take?

Would be Shuey any day of the week.

Don't think Shuey would give a dam about it. It's not as if it is any coverted award. Well maybe it is for first year players?

Luke has been in the system for 3 years, he is a man and while he was still eligible it would of been nice but who really cares.

Both are good players.

Agreed and I see remarkable similarities, in reverse, when Riewoldt won it over Judd (being the first year player). Let's hope the similarities don't stop there. :eek:;)

pantskyle - Brilliant, thanks. I have tears streaming down my face. :D

I, like a lot struggle to deal with the political bullshit that goes into these decisions and it is the number one thing i despise about big business and society of today (also why im now independant and run my own business) and decisions like these continue to piss me off.

If you have a set of criteria to base something on and act as though everything is fair and above board then stick to it. Don't try and make excuses for making a political decision or a personal decision rather than a professional one. Forget who the players play for, their names and their positions and just watch them play. Under these criteria and the awards criteria the best player eligible for the award this year hasn't won it. It's that simple.

Shuey will just have to join kerr and judd as runners up and kerr especially as a deserved winner who was "overlooked" by bias.

Agreed and I see remarkable similarities, in reverse, when Riewoldt won it over Judd (being the first year player). Let's hope the similarities don't stop there. :eek:;)
But where was the argument from the vic media about age then ???
Where was mike sheenan crying into his weet-bix ??

Eagles fans just need to accept the fact that we don't get a fair go from the vic media and use it to spur us on.

You must make a positive out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All bias aside I do think Shuey had a better year and should have won. The supercoach stats bear that out. Shame.

Its a simple as this. If you or any team for that matter, had the draft choice of Heppell or Shuey who would you take?

Would be Shuey any day of the week.

Heppell... Much more potential when he develops in 2 years he will be leagues ahead of shuey at 21 going by this years output anyway.

Shuey is a gun but the amount of west coast supporters complaining is a joke.

Heppell... Much more potential when he develops in 2 years he will be leagues ahead of shuey at 21 going by this years output anyway.

If it was chosen on potential then David Swallow would have won. Chris Judd and Daniel Kerr also should have won in their respective years using that criteria. ;)

Leagues ahead?

Let us complain in peace on our own board...

Would take Kerr over Kosi and Judd over Reiwoldt so unfortunately:

129171295733586466.jpg

So Shuey didn't win the rising star, big deal. Judd finished second and look how he turned out.

Stop moaning and whingeing on the general board 'cos you're making us look bad.

We have more important things to be thinking about at the moment.

I'll be seriously pissed off if Shuey plays for Carlton.

Just as a matter of interest - anyone know how many games each have played?
I think it is bull that the fact that Luke has been in the system 3 years (even though he was injured for the majority of the first two!) kept being brought up by various experts in the media. He was eligible under the current criteria and should have been judged accordingly. On AFL Insider last night, both Lynch and Scott said he was the better player of the two (he and Heppell) this year - but Scott said it should be a first year player award - fine, then change the criteria.Anyways, both are going to be great players for their respective teams - glad we have the Shue, Darling and Gaff though!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Rising Star Ceremony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back