Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sidebottom definitely deserves some weeks for that. I would think 3 weeks downgraded to 2 with an early guilty plea. Off the ground, Elbow, Head, Blood, Concussion, Subbed out of match. If Farren Ray did that to one of our players we would demand weeks for that. There was no malice in it, just a dumb decision. The one time we hit a target and it's a saint's players head!
Definitely. However, the complete and utter floggery from Channel 7 trying to have him executed is ridiculous. Sidebottom is not a dirty player, he just made a mistake.

You just know this will be used to deflect attention from the Goodes bump as well.

DE is at 77% - that's 1% behind Fasolo. Clangers stand out but don't let them over-ride the clear majority of good disposals.
Sorry but the DE stat needs to be amended. Kicking over the top of someone's head to the advantage of neither team s
Taylor Adams has had 3 kicks...

If I'm not mistaken 1 hit Cloke lace out up the corridor in Q1, one hit Elliott in Q2 but was incorrectly not paid a mark and the 3rd was a shank that hit the behind pass.

Everyone hanging him for one poor kick?

His kick to Elliott did not hit him. It was a poorly executed worm burner that Elliott could not mark without also touching the ground. 1 kick for the half that was of AFL standard (and I'm assuming your memory is correct on the cloke kick as I can't recall it...)

Yeah he definitely has the kicking skills...

You have seen him play right?
mate, he's had one shabby one tonight and people are saying "he won't make it" or "he's a hack"..

Hes not a gun kick and he doesn't have to be, but jeez he's not a bad either. It's people like you who just pick up the flaws in everyones game that make this forum so hard to read sometimes.

Wonder how that get that stat from 10 disposals? 7.7 of his disposals were efficient?

3 kicks, a shocker running into an open goal, another pass where he couldn't hit a teammate from 20 metres. Leaves 0.3 of a bad disposal left.

Probably because I'm not taking it from one half of football, let alone one poor kick at goal but rather the 4 games he's played this year Einstein. Stop wondering.

i like Adams but his disposal needs work, its too inconsistant, i expect the club already know this and will try get it right. hits Elliot with a perfect pentrating kick 1 minute, then out of the full the next.

That kick to elliott was far from perfect, elliott had space on his opponent, no need for adams to drill it low. Thats adams problem, he tries to punch the ball low when he kicks it.

Someone really has to take him aside and work on that or else he wont be as good a player he can be and his future could be limited

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except his elbow was tucked in. Watch the replay more carefully.
Who cares.

It's reckless.

I would be expecting 3 weeks, wouldn't be surprised if it was 4.

DE is at 77% - that's 1% behind Fasolo. Clangers stand out but don't let them over-ride the clear majority of good disposals.

7 handballs and 3 kicks will clean DE up. I tend to take the view that we haven't been advantaged by any of his kicks tonight...

Pretty standard display with the odd frustration and the difference really coming down to the star factor and very little else. Been impressed with a few and disappointed with a few more. Let's see how the second half pans out.

One last thing. I'm not particularly keen on Beams' defensive spread, but wow his contested work is off the charts. In that second quarter he won a possession on the far wing dished off to a teamate who promptly turned it over I50. The Saints player kicked over the boundary line on the other wing. Who should bob up for the clearance to set up another I50 from the boundary throw in, none other than Beams...

He jumped and had his elbow out. Intentions were as clear as day light.
Wow you are horribly wrong. He got him but the elbow wasn't out and the st Kilda player got the ball first otherwise Sidey had it. He jumped and made contact so he will get punished but your assessment is an embarrassment.

But he didn't stick it out looking to bump. It was merely a brace.

Not that that's factored into the MRP FWIW. No way will it be classed deliberate.

Unfortunately it will be classed as deliberate cos' that is what it looks like. 3-4 weeks down to 2 with an early plea.

Sidebottom definitely deserves some weeks for that. I would think 3 weeks downgraded to 2 with an early guilty plea. Off the ground, Elbow, Head, Blood, Concussion, Subbed out of match. If Farren Ray did that to one of our players we would demand weeks for that. There was no malice in it, just a dumb decision. The one time we hit a target and it's a saint's players head!
Did he get him with the elbow? I've been watching the French open during the break so have missed any replays. My recollection was that he hit him with a shoulder???

Seedsman HAS to stay in the side imo.
Agree.

If he does, Young is out.

I've enjoyed having Young in the side, and think he tries pretty hard most weeks, and provides a unique role to the team that we don't regularly have.... but his kicking is too suspect.

Not sure if we can carry all 3 of Young, Lumumba and Seedsman, and I'd go with the latter 2.

That kick to elliott was far from perfect, elliott had space on his opponent, no need for adams to drill it low. Thats adams problem, he tries to punch the ball low when he kicks it.

Someone really has to take him aside and work on that or else he wont be as good a player he can be and his future could be limited
thats sort of thing is just in his head, experience will teach him that all he has to do is dink it up in that situation.

Who cares.

It's reckless.

I would be expecting 3 weeks, wouldn't be surprised if it was 4.
Hey I never said it wasn't reckless, but an elbow sticking out to make contact is an infinitely worse look than a tucked in one. Will get at least 3 weeks I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back