Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Structure down back is falling apart.

Perhaps if they tried manning up it might work? Silly suggestion i know, but if i watch the Saints take any more uncontested marks in their forward 50 while we stand 25 meters off them i may blow a fuse. Don't we teach accountability at our club?

I ******* hate that word 'structures'. Half the time I wonder whether people know what they're shitting on about when the use the term.
It's how the player sets up, positions himself.

It's very important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else feel like we eat our own sometimes? Swan, Brown, Grundy & Ball out from last weeks side and we are leading by nearly 7 goals. We are also seeing some invaluable game time going into young players this year. Who would have thought Langdon would've played every game by now? Lachie Keefe had a bad one against Adelaide but has looked good again tonight. Wittsy is starting to show reward for more time in the ruck. Thomas is taking his chance and so on etc.
On paper you would think most sides would fancy themselves against a side missing the above mentioned 4 players plus Reid & maybe Sinclair. Add to that the fact Maxwell has been off for most of the game.
It's not a great game but I'm taking this win every day.

Perhaps if they tried manning up it might work? Silly suggestion i know, but if i watch the Saints take any more uncontested marks in their forward 50 while we stand 25 meters off them i may blow a fuse. Don't we teach accountability at our club?
Its because too many players are leaving their man to go offense. Problem is, you get burnt on the counter if you turn it over.

Beams turnover didn't even result into that quick of a counter attack. In the end, Montagna worked harder than our Collingwood defenders.

Time for some positives! GO THE PIES! We are smashing the saints which is always nice. We will win this match! We are missing Brown, Reid, Maxwell from our backling and kept the saints to 53 points in 3 quarters! Missing Swan and Grundy and the midfield still doing great. Forward line working for the first time this year! Cloke and White doing well! Seedsman and Thomas playing well!

We are still in the fight for the TOP 4 at round 11. I don't think too many people picked that! We have set up the team for the next 10 years with no position looking empty!

Things are good! We are a good side! Sure not the top side. But that can't always happen. It is an improvement from the Adelaide game and I would say an improvement from the West Coast game. If we could just hold our nerve and dispose the ball slightly better the "almost goals" will turn into goals.

Be happy and Go Pies!

Our Midfield overall looks better with Thomas and Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs St Kilda Matchday Discussion (Etihad 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back