MRP / Trib. AFL Round 13 charges - Steven Johnson receives two-match ban for bump on Pearce Hanley

Remove this Banner Ad

You tell me how Hodge clearly got Henderson in the head with his arm, but got off, yet there was no evidence Johnson even got Hanley high but he's gone. **** off.

You can't see SJ make contact with the head? Got both shoulder and head. Think you will find it was the medical report that did him in the end anyway. Deserved a week (same as Hodge's did) but the carryovers screwed him.

Seriously, AFL is turning into pro wrestling, only with fewer close contests.

The inconsistency on high contact is a farce of the highest order. It really does make it hard to give a crap about what happens in games when critical issues like this can make or break teams.

FWIW, Hodge should have got off. And so should Johnson.

You taking the piss chief? Hawthorn a pet team?
They have quite clearly been looked after this year.

The fact that Franklin is still running around instead of serving a lengthy suspension for one of his multiple slings/attempted neck breaks says it all.

And need we mention the little run of free kicks which got your boys over the line against Carlton?

Serious question - both players running towards each other, neither tries to avoid the other, they make body contact and (let's say for argument's sake) incidentally clash heads -

Why is one player guilty and the other the victim?

Challenge it. Show the Hodge incident and then the Johnson incident and ask them to tell what the frickin difference is. This game is becoming a ******* joke.

Won't work, the AFL/Tribunal do not allow previous incidents to be used as evidence for the challenge at hand; each case it apparently judged independent of what has come before.

In terms of challenging, unless the club is certain they can get him off I would take the 2 weeks and be done with it. If he challenges and fails he has 79 carry over points which means he is screwed should he look the wrong way during the finals. Accept an early guilty plea and he only has 9 carry over points which is more manageable for the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F-ing bullshit! So PISSED! MRP is a joke of the highest order. I genuinely believe if it was Hodge and not Johnson the commentators would have lauded him, everyone would have gone on about his hardness and the MRP would have thrown it out.

It was a fair bump, rattled the player and he was fine!

They have quite clearly been looked after this year.

The fact that Franklin is still running around instead of serving a lengthy suspension for one of his multiple slings/attempted neck breaks says it all.

And need we mention the little run of free kicks which got your boys over the line against Carlton?

Nah mate, we are always harshly dealt by from the AFL.

The run off free kicks was a little odd to be honest, but in the past we've always had horrible umpiring tallys against us, watch Buddy play one game and he is infringed almost every single contest.

I like the Cats, and I'm a massive fan of SJ, but I think that was worthy of a week, Hodge should have got a week too. Hopefully SJ can get the penalty reduced and he can play the Hawks game.

Half of this is the MRP saying "FFS Stevie have you not learned you lesson?!".
Same as Kelly, seriously you KNOW you can't bump, you KNOW you will get rubbed out for weeks because they are a bunch of soft **** crappy ex-players so WHY DO IT.

How can SJ get 2 weeks yet Hodgey get off for the elbow on Henderson?

I'm completely baffled. Am I missing something? Did the MRP even look at the Hodge incident?

Both incidents probably received the same points but due to bad recent record SJ wound up with weeks. Hodgey got off by appealing. We should and probably will do the same. Farcical ruling.

Firstly let me say I agree with what many of you are saying. But he does have that bad record and as soon as I heard one of the commentators say he should have gone for the tackle and not the bump I knew he was a goner. If we all know that the AFL hates blue and white horizontal stripes then why does Stevie J still tempt fate by an action such as this.

I have barracked for the Mighty Cats for over 50 years and it is actions such as these with Stevie J which are more distressing than losing the occasional game. We are a proud and strong team who will fight back this week against a negative and boring team in the Dockers but I cannot help wondering where Stevie J will be when we meet these teams in September. We need him in the team not assisting in the coaching box.

I enjoy reading a lot of what I see written in this forum so keep up the good work everyone and go Catters!!!

Am I seeing this differently to everyone else? I haven't had a really close look, but from the few times I have looked at the footage at no stage does SJ go anywhere near Hanley's head. SJ bumps his shoulder - slow it down - zero contact to the head. Maybe I'm missing something, but we must contest this. This is a joke of the highest order - yes SJ is stupid, blah, blah, blah, but if that is a report I seriously need to reconsider where I sit on watching footy.

I may never go to another game again - I am just stunned and that is saying something when it comes to the MRP.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. AFL Round 13 charges - Steven Johnson receives two-match ban for bump on Pearce Hanley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back