Preview AFL Round 14 - Gold Coast v Geelong, Metricon Stadium, 4:40PM Saturday 21 June

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens with HMc this week?
We will need some height against GC. Resting him on the fwd line could stretch them a lot and we def need height in defence.
I'm guessing this will be the week that Blicavs is rested as was suggested a couple of weeks ago or Taylor may pull out and we will play Blicavs as a backman and rest him next week. What the MC do after that regarding the 3 rucks I've got no idea.

I'm guessing this will be the week that Blicavs is rested as was suggested a couple of weeks ago or Taylor may pull out and we will play Blicavs as a backman and rest him next week. What the MC do after that regarding the 3 rucks I've got no idea.

Sums it up pretty well, except this week they may still rest Blicavs and just bring Rivers in for Taylor.
I don't know either what their longer-term plans will be for the ruck set-up, but they may want the 2 this week. Which is a problem, possibly for Walker, if they also bring in Kersten.

Stringer was ordinary. How can you delude yourself to think he was good but Varcoe was ordinary?

I said what "was posted"!....ok!.... they were both ordinary in wake of the opposition, I only stated he's tough inside, maybe a little slow and goes missing like Varcoe does, that's hardly a glowing report.

I reckon they'll want to keep him in, possibly as a spare in defence given the tall timber in the GC forward line and the hard running they play with. His endurance could be very useful late in quarters/the match.

FB: Rivers, Lonergan, Mackie
HB: Kelly, Taylor, Enright
C: Duncan, GHS, Guthrie
HF: Bartel, Walker, Motlop
FF: Kersten, Hawkins, Murdoch
Foll: Simpson, Selwood, Johnson

Int: Stokes, Christensen, Blicavs, Varcoe

If that team is fit, I dare say it's our most imposing line-up so far this year and pretty well balanced.

Would love to see Hartman/or Lang stay in, both isn't possible I doubt and if we are at full fitness not sure if one can stay. This isn't a game to be resting best 22 players, it's a must win.

If Taylor, GHS are injured add in two of Smedts, Hunt, Hartman, Lang, Stringer, Thurlow, maybe Jansen- which two I don't mind too much. I like Hartman cause he's pretty versatile.

Last edited:
You'd keep Stringer ?
Got a good chance yesterday but didn't do enough to keep his spot ahead of the likes of Hartman & Lang

Thought all three of them did ok but then again we were playing against witches hats. Johnson, Christensen, Rivers are definite inclusions, maybe HMac too. The outs depend on if GHS doesn't come up and/or if anyone else needs a rest. Would like to see Lang get a full game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Scott actually say Taylor was out? Or will he be subject to a fitness test before they make that call?
Just said that there was a knock and he'll need to be assessed.

This week we will need the 3 tall backs to cover Dixon, Day and Lynch.
Rivers comes in and if Taylor misses then Blicavs goes back.
If Taylor plays Simpson goes out for McIntosh and Blicavs plays and ruck.
Stringer out for Christensen.
Lang out for SJ.
Hartman out for Kersten but if GHS out injured Hartmen stays in.
So my ins are Rivers, Christensen, SJ and Kersten.

This week we will need the 3 tall backs to cover Dixon, Day and Lynch.
Rivers comes in and if Taylor misses then Blicavs goes back.
If Taylor plays Simpson goes out for McIntosh and Blicavs plays and ruck.
Stringer out for Christensen.
Lang out for SJ.
Hartman out for Kersten but if GHS out injured Hartmen stays in.
So my ins are Rivers, Christensen, SJ and Kersten.

Identical to my thoughts.

people seem to forget mackie can play tall, in fact, he is tall. and i am more concerned about their runners than their talls. i would have mackie as one of the 3 tall defenders, and ensure i have enough run and spread coverage from those not blessed to be over the 190cm benchmark. put mackie on their weakest tall, lonners and rivers take the other two. blitz can certainly get back there to help out and fill space if he is in the side, but we don't need 4 tall dedicated defenders this week(or any week). first time all year we went in with just 3 (yes i am including mackie in that) and we smashed them, and i am sure you all know the win is directly associated with the MC finally listening to my call for a smaller backline to give us better spread off of half back and better coverage against their spread. :D

people seem to forget mackie can play tall, in fact, he is tall. and i am more concerned about their runners than their talls. i would have mackie as one of the 3 tall defenders, and ensure i have enough run and spread coverage from those not blessed to be over the 190cm benchmark. put mackie on their weakest tall, lonners and rivers take the other two. blitz can certainly get back there to help out and fill space if he is in the side, but we don't need 4 tall dedicated defenders this week(or any week). first time all year we went in with just 3 (yes i am including mackie in that) and we smashed them, and i am sure you all know the win is directly associated with the MC finally listening to my call for a smaller backline to give us better spread off of half back and better coverage against their spread. :D

Hooray for rooie!!!

Psst! just quietly, we're actually thinking of doing away with the MC altogether and getting you in for team selection each week- on your own!
Whaddya think?

Hooray for rooie!!!

Psst! just quietly, we're actually thinking of doing away with the MC altogether and getting you in for team selection each week- on your own!
Whaddya think?
about time. :thumbsu:
all :rainbow: from here on in for the cats.
oh wait...sorry i have a ....thing... on....washing my hair or something.....cant make it. but rest assured, i will still be here to take credit or lay blame each week. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back