Game Day AFL Round 16 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@Essendon(MCG – 3:20PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stringer in pretty good form too.

They can really stretch us defensively. I'm not confident in Mihocek going down back. It's a tiny defense so the midfield is going to really have to keep it from going down into their forward line.

Pretty 50/50 on this one. Collingwood haven't played that well the past couple of weeks; if we play the way we did against the Suns and Blues, I think we're in trouble.

Let's hope we bring what we did against Melbourne.

Today, I'm sad to say we lose.
Forget form, forget who is playing, forget what the bookies say.
Maths people maths!
Every game we win the laws of probability state that a loss in closer.
We have won 6 in a row.
Probability is not on our side.
Add to that our injury toll.
Conclusion. Maths says we lose.
Oh and as we have a 100% probability of getting an injury in every phuken game we play then maths says that 100% is 100% so we must get another injury as well.
Don't blame me, blame science.

this game is the first of a few that will give a more accurate indication of where we belong on the ladder. with our injury list and our losses to teams so far top two is too high imo.
hope we win but really nervous about it.

Not confident in this game as we’re due to drop one, but do also think the Bummers are playing above themselves atm so literally have nfi what’ll happen today.

Shaun McKernan.. puh-lease! A spud that’s had one good week. It’s more their runners that worry me, though rain may help.

Can see us getting done and then bouncing back v the Weagles next week.

Hope I’m wrong tho and we pull a win out of our ass. Go Pies!

Last edited:
Our last two wins were against inferior teams and we did what was needed to get the win but we certainly didn’t bring our best. That’s fine as we can’t be up every week. We will need to be up today thoigh, especially with our injuries. I expect a much stronger effort and with that we should win.

Not confident in this game as we’re due to drop one, but do also think the Bummers are playing above themselves atm so literally have nfi what’ll happen today.

Shaun McKernan.. puh-lease! A spud that’s had one good week. It’s more their runners that worry me.

Can see us getting done and then bouncing back v the Weagles next week.

Hope I’m wrong tho and we pull a win out of our ass. Go Pies!

I think we have hit critical mass of players unavailable due to injury and get done today hopefully not by much, but i also think we will bounce back against the eagles and start to get some players coming back into the side , i still believe we will finish 3rd or 4th with probably Port and Richmond above us. It just sucks that the tipping point came against those ****ing bombers. I'm going with the attitude if we can win today we will finish top 2 ... fingers crossed

I Love being a Collingwood supporter , the fact that everyone hates us makes my passion even greater. We beat Essendon today " you've still not beaten a good side" we lose to essendon " your pretenders and don't dare use injuries as a reason" . You can't win ha ha and I love it. **** em all

Got a really bad feeling about today.

But I view this game as a pivotal one in the season like the Brisbane one. I viewed the Brisbane game as the one that would establish whether we were truly a good side capable of making finals and had overcome our habit of losing games we should win. We passed that test.

Today’s game is the second moment where we show if our system can really handle all these injuries and still allows us to overcome teams we should be capable of beating.

Today, I'm sad to say we lose.
Forget form, forget who is playing, forget what the bookies say.
Maths people maths!
Every game we win the laws of probability state that a loss in closer.
We have won 6 in a row.
Probability is not on our side.
Add to that our injury toll.
Conclusion. Maths says we lose.
Oh and as we have a 100% probability of getting an injury in every phuken game we play then maths says that 100% is 100% so we must get another injury as well.
Don't blame me, blame science.
I thought we were blaming maths. When did science come into the equation?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I thought we were blaming maths. When did science come into the equation?

Maths is science my friend.
Instead or repeating the word maths constantly I thought I would use a differing term that has the same meaning.
It's what I do.
Mix it up.

Sunday morning hugs to you Duggy.
Now it's getting very late in my part of the world so I shall go off to slumber now. Lest I be tired for the game in the morning (my time)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maths is science my friend.
Instead or repeating the word maths constantly I thought I would use a differing term that has the same meaning.
It's what I do.
Mix it up.

Sunday morning hugs to you Duggy.
Now it's getting very late in my part of the world so I shall go off to slumber now. Lest I be tired for the game in the morning (my time)
Haha, great response!

Have a good sleep, hopefully there's a pies win waiting for you on the other end of it!

Imagine, just imagine we keep winning with the injury toll we have?

Add Elliott, Moore, Varcoe, Aish, Fasolo and Treloar to the side and look out.

Just get the job done today boys.

If we can add 2 of those and keep them in ill be stoked. 3 ill be in heaven and if all 6 are fit and pushing for selection we will have a CUP

Imagine, just imagine we keep winning with the injury toll we have?

Add Elliott, Moore, Varcoe, Aish, Fasolo and Treloar to the side and look out.

Just get the job done today boys.

If we can get over today, Top 4 is all but locked in.

We play the Eagles here, which we don’t know how to lose, then we play North who appear to have had their run and are slowly petering out. Then by the time we get to Richmond, not only should we be a game or two clear in the 4, but we’ll hopefully have Varcoe, Elliott and Moore back.

Hows the weather forecast? Would really help us out if it rains i would of thought

I think it'll help us immensely. I haven't seen Essendon play in the wet this year but I can't imagine the wet will help the likes of Saad trying to run and bounce out of the backline.

Not only that but when the rain was falling against Adelaide we got the upper hand. It was only when it stopped falling for a short period of time that the Crows steadied the ship.

I think it'll help us immensely. I haven't seen Essendon play in the wet this year but I can't imagine the wet will help the likes of Saad trying to run and bounce out of the backline.

Not only that but when the rain was falling against Adelaide we got the upper hand. It was only when it stopped falling for a short period of time that the Crows steadied the ship.
Yeah it seems Essendon when at their best rely on a very fast game style and players like Saad as you mentioned and McKenna etc love to break the lines off half back. Obviously the wet takes that away from them a bit, without some players like Treloar/Varcoe etc we are missing a bit of that speed.

The wet would also help hide our KPD issues as well

I think we can afford to lose 3 more games and still finish top 4 if we keep the percentage healthy. We just cannot allow today to be one of those games.... despite our injury list and average form over the last two weeks, we must win today.

Most rain is forecast between now and 1pm and only up to 2mm so think a greasy ball is all we’ll get.

Gonna have to just back ourselves in to get it done the hard way.

This is really an 8 point game for top 4 hopes now so crossing fingers and toes we can get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back